IGNORED

Gary Rowett

Super

8 minutes ago, Super said:

In talks to become Stoke Manager. Not sure what Derby fans will make of that!

Thoroughly unimpressed would be my guess. Bit of a strange one. I was under the impression he was a Derby fan, or at least had a bit of a soft spot for them, and didn't he turn Stoke down when they were a premier league team? From the outside I'd have thought Derby were as well placed as Stoke to challenge next season. Maybe things are sour behind the scenes?

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thoroughly unimpressed would be my guess. Bit of a strange one. I was under the impression he was a Derby fan, or at least had a bit of a soft spot for them, and didn't he turn Stoke down when they were a premier league team? From the outside I'd have thought Derby were as well placed as Stoke to challenge next season. Maybe things are sour behind the scenes?

Only speculating but Derby can be an odd little club. When things go wrong there, it happens very quickly then suddenly brings out all this tension that had existed for a considerable period of time. Owner is stuck between wanting to get them to the Prem yet also ****ting himself that if they get there it will be the same as 07/08 was for them, which would obviously be humiliating

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Villa fan , I believe......job for LJ at Derby ?

Supposedly going to have to slash their wage budget and make money off their transfers to comply with FFP Rowett doesn't want to stick around for that. Two things, glad we didn't appoint him if he's going to bail at the first chance if things look tough when spending the money himself. Second prefer our approach to that of spend the money attempting to stay up the tearing everything apart to meet FFP, gradual progression is the route. 

36 minutes ago, hodge said:

, glad we didn't appoint him if he's going to bail at the first chance if things look tough when spending the money himself.

Agree

Rowett signed a new deal mid season when (Spookily) Stoke were sniffing

His statement at the time ......

Rowett stated

: “I am thrilled to extend my contract with this great club through to 2021 and I have thoroughly enjoyed being back at Derby County. 

“I would like to thank my immediate staff and back-office teams who have been a massive factor in our progress to date, and will be a critical part of our success moving forward. 

“The first-team squad have also been superb to work with and have really embraced the changes we felt were necessary for success; they are a joy to work with. 

“I would also like to thank our Chairman, Mel Morris, for the support and guidance he has provided in so many areas of the club. 

“We have a great relationship which is critical, particularly when so many things needed rapid change. I am looking forward to the future and helping to guide Derby County back to the Premier League, where it belongs.”

We were also apparently his dream job, the job he always wanted. He's a mercenary who's gone for money. Simple as that. He's stitched us all up as we all believed his lies

On TalkSport just now, a Brum fan called in and added an interesting view.  Most of us here think that Rowett was hard done by at Brum, but the caller explained Brum owners (who the caller has no time for) tried to extend Rowett’s contract as they saw him the man to provide the stability and progress.....but he wanted a clause inserted to talk to other clubs.  I don’t blame Rowett, but that was the point the Brum owners thought he wasn’t the man they wanted if he might bugger off.

So not as black and white (blue and white) as we probably thought.  The caller went on to say that despite being a good manager, that episode didn’t paint him in a good light, and today’s events sum him up.

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Definitely see derby coming in for LJ

That would be fantastic... one of my best friends is a Derby fan and I already joked they should sack Rowett for his "failure" to get Derby promoted and replace him with an "up and coming" new manager like LJ - His response was that if LJ moves to Derby, I'll need to find somewhere else to stop next time I'm up that way!

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Alan Hinton. Colin Todd. Roy McFarlane. 

Hinton wore white boots didn’t he? The first player to wear boots other than black ones I believe.....loved it when Clough dragged him back onto the pitch after a game and asked him to “show me the hole on the pitch” ..... “What hole boss?” said Hinton....”The one you’ve been f@cking hiding in all afternoon” ......

Archived