IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If we get past Colombia, it's Sod's Law that the Swedes will have their other shooting boots on and will likely score worlds against us.

In all honesty you can't ask for much better than having to beat Sweden for a place in the semi's..

Now watch England 'wrap their hand tonight.

34 minutes ago, Olympian said:

You won't get any banter from me. I've had a British flag up since half-time.

Is that to help with your posture or just your little peccadillo?

35 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

In all honesty you can't ask for much better than having to beat Sweden for a place in the semi's..

Now watch England 'wrap their hand tonight.

Feel happier that we are playing Colombia, as they are a good side and think we can raise our game accordingly. A "lesser" team could have been dangerous, as Belgium almost found to their cost last night (no disrespect to Japan).

From the quarter finals on every team is tough, so I cannot see Southgate allowing any complacency , should we get past tonight's game safely.

Most of this squad have not been tainted by being part of the "golden generation" that failed to live up to expectations. Fingers crossed they go into this and subsequent games with an air excitement as to what they could be on the verge of achieving, rather than the fear of failing to live up to expectations.

Sweden did not play well today. Won 1-0, its a strenght. Our defence is always solid, we are hard to brake down. Our only  starplayer , Forsberg , scored today. England-Sweden that would be something. England is the better team but we have something in our team that move us forwards, can not put the finger on it. Here in Sweden we prefer England before Colombia. Good luck with the game tonight, Colombia is a very good team, this game will be a real test for your team. Anyway COYR!!!

21 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Is that to help with your posture or just your little peccadillo?

I'm not exactly sure what the reference is here.

Sure I'm way off on this forum. I don't make that a secret, but I'm also way off compared to the people outside blowing their car horns on my street. As an actual football supporter I feel provoked. Supporting England is a little bit of a relief for me and this being the messageboard of a specific club only makes things more fun for me.

You may of course ignore me or kick me out as I don't belong, but I'm not going to pretend this or that. Either way, I'll be happy when England wins.

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We will struggle more with the heat than Columbia.  Anyone know what the forecast is this evening?

England team as I expected except for Maguire.

Cold. Columbia team had jumpers on. It’s perfect 15-17 degreee English like temps. Late night Moscow not Sochi etc 

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

If we get past Colombia, it's Sod's Law that the Swedes will have their other shooting boots on and will likely score worlds against us.

Sweden knocked Holland out of the qualifying group, beat Italy in the play off, and were in the group that Germany couldn’t get out of!

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So what are you saying?

That we'll beat them 4-0 or 5-0?

I was just replying to a post, and just stating that Sweden are quite capable of beating most teams.

Anyway, there’s a game to be won first before anyone should think about them!!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sorry Hodge, but unless Mbappe was born extremely prematurely (about 3 months)

Or unless Dida had a game in France around March.

Then it doesnt add up

He was playing club football in Switzerland... not that far ;)

34 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

How far do people on here think FIFA will go to ensure that the host nation and their darlings Brazil appear in the final? 

Don't think so. I expect Russia to go out against Croatia. They aren't very good really, pretty basic side who had an effective gameplan against Spain who were ineffective.

I would like Russia to go through because I think it'll be an easier game than Croatia if we make the Semi.

As for the other side of the draw.. no idea. Any of them could feasibly make the final. Despite having less household names I wouldn't write off Uruguay making it. Horrible side to play against and Cavani/Suarez seem to be clicking. Very glad we're not playing them.

Archived