IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well there's a completely OTT character assassination for you.

Flint absolutely led by example and I'd imagine was extremely popular amongst his defensive team mates

You need to look back at last season the number of times he was waving his arms in our players faces in frustration, clearly there were issues last season

Sadly only the other players will really know the answer to your second point

I doubt this was a LJ decision. He's the head coach after all, and transfers are a board-level thing with LJ's input. LJ had a lot of good things to say about him, and in fairness to him he did let Flint back into the side after his head had been turned. Many managers would've left him to sit on the bench, and we'd be getting next to nothing for him.

Admittedly, we didn't get a lot for him anyway, especially considering the years he had left on his contract with us. Now, let's hope that the club have someone good lined up, otherwise the fans will be livid come the first game of the season.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not interested in anything he does now that he is not a City player

Look after our own

Thank god for you - thought I was going mad witnessing this love in fest !!

Next it will be people saying good luck to Bobby when he goes to Cardiff !! :blink:

Disappointed but not surprised he's moving on.  Shame it's not to a Prem team, though.

Money doesn't seem like much in today's market, but hopefully we have a replacement lined up.

Still, a decent return on our original fee paid of £350k, wasn't it?

Not interested in anything he does now that he is not a City player

Look after our own

Lets not become Swindon. 

One of our best players in the last 10 years, really gutted the club have sold him to Pulis but wish him well.

ADEN FLINT HAS LEFT THE PARTY  ... WE'LL KEEP THE VODKA AND THE CHARLIE .... (anything to take the edge off this news) 

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does make you wonder however..  If both us and Boro have great seasons, and he is asked on the pitch by a Sky reporter if he wants Bristol City to get promoted alongside Boro what his answer would be.

Not saying his reaction would be the same or different, but seemingly we've handled his exit very different to Swindon did as long as we don't start chanting judas etc at him.

Gutted to see Flint leave, even though there was an air of inevitability about it for some time. 

He has been a memorable player for us and it will be a long time before we see a central defender with such a goal tally.

One of my favourite ever City players and, in my opinion, our best centre back (along with Shaun Taylor) since I started watching City in 1981.

45 minutes ago, keflav said:

We are an absolute Shambles of a Club totally lacking in any ambition to keep good player and trot out the same shit about it being a good deal for all concerned... what a joke we are its about time we spent the money on player and a decent manager and actually wanted to go for the Prem instead of just being happy with Championship survival.... :grr:

And the overreaction of the year award goes to.... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

you do realise theres still 6 weeks to go until the season starts for us to bring players in right?

3 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Brilliant move by the club. Absolutely unbelievable we're getting 7m for him. Well done all involved!

Good luck Aden

Yes, sign a player, work with him to improve, cash in and move on. That’s football and has been for 50 years. Did a good job for us and now gets paid more money to do a similar job for someone else while we get a profit to invest in other players. Move on.

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Brilliant move by the club. Absolutely unbelievable we're getting 7m for him. Well done all involved!

Good luck Aden

It's only brilliant if it's invested in superior talent, which I don;t trust those involved in recruitment to do. What good is 7 million sat in the bank or spent on 3rd division Swedish "prospects". 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Good luck Aden

You may want to reassess how much you think we are getting

Don't forget Swindon and Alfreton have decent sell on clauses that will be taking a nice chunk out of the amount you (wrongly) quoted

I can't believe we've sold him to a Championship club.  This shows a lack of ambition and has worried me about next season.

We had no reason to sell him this summer, and should have only considered it for a Premier league team.  To have Aden playing against us is terrible.

Bad day for City.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't forget Swindon and Alfreton have decent sell on clauses that will be taking a nice chunk out of the amount you (wrongly) quoted

Anything Alfreton get will come out of Swindon's wad. Nothing to do with us. 

Wrongly? You alone have personal access to the true fee then?

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I can't believe we've sold him to a Championship club.  This shows a lack of ambition and has worried me about next season.

We had no reason to sell him this summer, and should have only considered it for a Premier league team.  To have Aden playing against us is terrible.

Bad day for City.

It's true we'll have to avoid giving away corners! But I will quite look forward to playing against him as a defender!! Just keep,it on the deck and we'll be fine, something we can do well.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Bad day for City.

Clubs no longer have much option when players want to leave - unless they are prepared to rip up their wage policy and pay whatever it takes. 

Archived