IGNORED

Goodbye Gustav Engvall (Merged)

bristolcitysweden

Looking at their site there is no mention of any fee being paid, what a total disaster.

At least £1.4m spent on someone we now give away to a Belgian second division team without him ever starting a single league game..

:grr:

37 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Difference is we actually had options for Engvall’s position....

We had options for Paterson's position but LJ chose not to use them.

41 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree EMB, the slight difference being, Patterson was out of form which will always come back eventually. Engvall has never had a moment of form since he left Sweden. 

You are basing this on 4 performances? 

5 months wait in case his form suddenly returned?

Do you believe continually playing him in any way shape assisted his confidence and in turn a return to form?

The fault lies with the coach in both cases.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do you believe continually playing him in any way shape assisted his confidence and in turn a return to form?

How many options did we really have out wide with O’Dowda out, Kent being Kent and Eliasson nowhere near ready for this level? Not many I’d say unless we’ve got a lot of wingers I’ve forgotten about!

3 hours ago, Redbo said:

Did we really pay £1.5m for Djuric?! Christ. 

Its the blunder bus of all blunder buses.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Nothing from our end yet, Maybe we are still trying to work out who he actually is.

Mark Ashton is on his twelfth iteration of the official spin statement; give the guy some slack.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

4 performances? Really!

Form is a funny thing, hopefully he will he’ll be bang on at the start of next season. 

Don’t know the answer to the  third point. LJ obviously thought it might

I’m not a fan of LJ as clearly you are not, but by both cases do you mean Engvall being a crap signing (YEP) and playing a player off his game?. 

If you want to distribute blame look at the Jan transfer window....LJ and his merry men have a lot to answer for and they would be the best people to ask the questions of!

Mechelen might have announced it, but until City do, it's mere speculation! Perhaps they've forgotten about him. Or are hoping we have.

Edit. Just been told it is on the BS OS: Page 23 of the Terms & Conditions, Clause 9. Paragraph 11b, Sub=section 12.

Such a shame really that him and Diony didn't work out. They were absolutely lethal for me on PES. Both scored an incredible amount of goals. Admittedly, I had to increase all of their stats to 100, and I was playing against the piss-easy level.

Gustav was very happy to be here, and really wanted to fire city to the Premier League. Not that he told me that, but I don't see why I can't state it as a fact as it's what Maureen the Mystic Mind Reader told me.

Archived