IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

On 01/07/2018 at 10:29, BTRFTG said:

Please no. If he does come we should nickname him 'UB40':

"I am the 1 in 10, a number on a list.."

Note to WeeLee's scouting set-up - a striker is someone who knows where the back of the net is.....

....like Wilbraham did before he came here?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming Weimann deal is done (OS and all that!), then front 6 starting to look a bit like this (personal view)

RCM - Brownhill (Walsh)

CM - Smith / Pack (you choose!!!)

LCM - O’Dowda (assumes Bryan is leaving)

RF - Weimann (Paterson)

CF - Diedhiou (Taylor / Djúric)

LF - Watkins (Paterson / Eliasson)

Watkins and Weimann potential to swap.

The only real oddity for me is Pato in a 433.

Ok, who have I missed! :laughcont:

Odowda isn’t a Central midfielder mate... so you’d probably have Korey Pack and Brownhill in CM spots

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Odowda isn’t a Central midfielder mate... so you’d probably have Korey Pack and Brownhill in CM spots

He's played there for Ireland and for us before.

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

Martin O’Neill might beg to differ.  Far be it for me to tell him he’s playing him out of position at international level!!!  Have you missed all of the stuff about this? 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Martin O’Neill might beg to differ.  Far be it for me to tell him he’s playing him out of position at international level!!!  Have you missed all of the stuff about this? 

I’m going on his most prominent position for us since he’s been here mate. I actually like him as an attacking CM. As you well know Dave pretty up to date with most stuff due to coaching. 

Unsure if been mentioned but COD was on an episode of Phenoms... which in turn is a programme I’d highly recommend 

I’m talking predominantly people speak highly of him as a winger. NOT a CM 

And Martin O’Neill sees him as a Central Midfielder, not only that, has played him there, where he earned many plaudits.

Edgar Davids wasn’t the worst CM, having started as an erratic LW.

We are giving our opinion as to where we might think COD might play this season, esoecislly with an influx of wingers (Adelukan and Watkins) and possibly Weimann who can play across the front-line.

COD’s work ethic and technical abilities stand him out as someone who could convert to playing centrally.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming Weimann deal is done (OS and all that!), then front 6 starting to look a bit like this (personal view)

RCM - Brownhill (Walsh)

CM - Smith / Pack (you choose!!!)

LCM - O’Dowda (assumes Bryan is leaving)

RF - Weimann (Paterson)

CF - Diedhiou (Taylor / Djúric)

LF - Watkins (Paterson / Eliasson)

Watkins and Weimann potential to swap.

The only real oddity for me is Pato in a 433.

Ok, who have I missed! :laughcont:

Got a feeling Watkins may have some game time at right back..

he said he could fill in there whilst being interviewed, and Johnson does like his attacking full backs

I’m going on his most prominent position for us since he’s been here mate. I actually like him as an attacking CM. As you well know Dave pretty up to date with most stuff due to coaching. 

Unsure if been mentioned but COD was on an episode of Phenoms... which in turn is a programme I’d highly recommend 

So I can’t say I see him on the left of a central 3 (where he’s played internationally) but you’re ok to say play him as a Central AM.:laughcont: I’m being facetious!!

I think there’s a good few on here who see him playing centrally rather than as a winger.  Personally, I think he’s less of a winger these days and more a wide-midfielder, but that’s just words.  Doesn’t really matter too much.

I’ve seen some if the Phenoms, but not CODs.  Will try and get it on catch-up.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

So I can’t say I see him on the left of a central 3 (where he’s played internationally) but you’re ok to say play him as a Central AM.:laughcont: I’m being facetious!!

I think there’s a good few on here who see him playing centrally rather than as a winger.  Personally, I think he’s less of a winger these days and more a wide-midfielder, but that’s just words.  Doesn’t really matter too much.

I’ve seen some if the Phenoms, but not CODs.  Will try and get it on catch-up.

Haha my worry for him as a LCM is the defensive side. Everything is different from being out wide whereas as an AM you kind of get that free roam and licence to not defend.

i just love when he gets full back 1v1. Feel he would lose a good part of his game coming centrally but would see more of the ball inside. 

His one is Creators quite interesting and imo one of the best programmes I’ve watched in a long time. 

Haha my worry for him as a LCM is the defensive side. Everything is different from being out wide whereas as an AM you kind of get that free roam and licence to not defend.

i just love when he gets full back 1v1. Feel he would lose a good part of his game coming centrally but would see more of the ball inside. 

His one is Creators quite interesting and imo one of the best programmes I’ve watched in a long time. 

He doesn’t try to beat his man enough for me.  Some of that is him being played RW/RM too often.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He doesn’t try to beat his man enough for me.  Some of that is him being played RW/RM too often.

I massively agree, at LM he is confident and does it very often but on the right it’s a bit more difficult as a left footed player 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Rory Fallon always scored and did well against us, didn't stop him from being shit,  

David Kelly always scored against us. Imagine if he'd done a Jon Stark - Matchwinner for Hire and played for whatever team was playing against us each week.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And Martin O’Neill sees him as a Central Midfielder, not only that, has played him there, where he earned many plaudits.

Edgar Davids wasn’t the worst CM, having started as an erratic LW.

We are giving our opinion as to where we might think COD might play this season, esoecislly with an influx of wingers (Adelukan and Watkins) and possibly Weimann who can play across the front-line.

COD’s work ethic and technical abilities stand him out as someone who could convert to playing centrally.

Tinman moved into the centre in the latter stages of his career with us didn't he?

50 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Very good singing for £2m if it happens, remember him playing for Villa in the Premier League, was one of their best players. 

Just read Derby’s fans forum and it seems they’re quite happy he’s going and that £2 million is good money. 

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

As far as I can remember the only mid season signing we have made that gained us promotion in our final push was Arthur Milton in February 1955. We went up to the old second division that season and Milton duly retired from football.  He was a stylish winger who was fast, direct, and an excellent crosser of the ball.  I can see him still in my mind's eye hurtling down the wing.  The best I have seen at Ashton Gate and our only winger, I think, to have had an England cap, although of course when he was playing for Arsenal.  

PS We paid £4000 for him in 1955!  An investment well worth the cash!

The thing people don't remember or acknowledge about Arthur Milton is that he went out with my Auntie Jeane before she married my Uncle Norman :)

1 minute ago, swanker said:

Just read Derby’s fans forum and it seems they’re quite happy he’s going and that £2 million is good money. 

I haven't read their forum, but others have reported more positive things. I think any player that comes from a club in this league will have his fans and detractors, look at how opinion is divided on our players on here.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

As far as I can check it was definitely £4000 paid. I think we expected him to continue with us.  As Pongo88 says above we reclaimed £2000 from Arsenal because he retired.  An excellent piece of work.

For all who like a quiz:- was Barry Meyer the last person to play football in Bristol (for both clubs) and cricket for Glos?  Will we ever again have such allrounders. I doubt it in the modern game. Was Botham the last to play professional football and cricket?

It would seem more realistic that we got half the money back. So in 1955 we shelled out the equivalent of 400K for a winger who helped our promotion push for a few months and Arsenal returned 200K of that.

In 2018 we shelled out 300K for a winger not to play for us as he hampered our promotion push.

Some negative comments on the Derby forum don’t bother me. A players performance at one club can bear no relation to what he does elsewhere. In the few games he played Bolassie never uprooted any trees at City but looked. World beater at Palace. John Akinde scores zero for the Gas but shed loads at Barnet. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Some negative comments on the Derby forum don’t bother me. A players performance at one club can bear no relation to what he does elsewhere. In the few games he played Bolassie never uprooted any trees at City but looked. World beater at Palace. John Akinde scores zero for the Gas but shed loads at Barnet. 

Aaron Wilbraham 

Archived