IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

9 goals in 88 games for derby.

Hopefully will be more prolific for us if deal goes through.

If he's not our out and out striker that isn't a bad record to add to a 20 goal a season striker that I'm hoping we also sign. Imo it would be a good addition of goals. He can also play anywhere upfront which is nice to have. He also has Prem experience and he isn't ancient.

17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Makes me laugh how long these medicals take....I bet if it was done on deadline day it would be pushed through a damn site quicker !

I guess they aren't taking the whole day. I suspect the day includes medical, contract signing, meet the team, maybe do a bit of training, do all the pics, interviews & vids. Maybe even record a goal meme or two! When you consider all that, you can see why they take a day.

58 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Makes me laugh how long these medicals take....I bet if it was done on deadline day it would be pushed through a damn site quicker !

I seem to remember our good friend fan favourite Lee Tomlins medical took about a week.. no surprise there really :yawn::clap:

1 hour ago, CitySSeven said:

If he's not our out and out striker that isn't a bad record to add to a 20 goal a season striker that I'm hoping we also sign. Imo it would be a good addition of goals. He can also play anywhere upfront which is nice to have. He also has Prem experience and he isn't ancient.

That’s roughly 4 goals a season, hardly a great back up to a main striker 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

I’m surprised you need this explaining..!?!

On deadline day, there is no “tomorrow” in which to complete the deal. 

On 2nd July, there is over a month until our next competitive game. 

Rocket science..? I think not..!

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

yeah, I've only been watching for 53 odd years .

7 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

That’s roughly 4 goals a season, hardly a great back up to a main striker 

Well he knows where the back of the net is in the Prem, so it would be up to the rest of the team to create chanced for him. I don't think with his record you should write him off. 

On 01/07/2018 at 14:03, BTRFTG said:

I'm clearly looking at the wrong player. In my Rothmans Wiemann had never scored more than 7 league goals in a season (12/13) usually notches 4 or 5 and has had a few zeros in between. Looks like the only time he ever notched double figures was the same season when he bagged 4 in the league cup ( of which we should not be interested.) 

Bobby Reid hasn’t either before last season.

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Good knowledge, Dave. I think Lincoln is bang on...

Phil Neale also played for Scunthorpe and Gloucester City....he played for Scunny at the same time as Ian Botham did and Neale was also playing for Lincoln on that horrific occasion at Valley Parade in 1985 vs Bradford City....

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

There’s definitely is a ‘tomorrow’ to complete deals after deadline days.....initial paperwork has to be in by the 11pm deadline but the finer details of a transfer can be thrashed out in the following days....deals are not always completed before or on the actual day - and I’m sure @slartibartfast knew that....

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Phil Neale also played for Scunthorpe and Gloucester City....he played for Scunny at the same time as Ian Botham did and Neale was also playing for Lincoln on that horrific occasion at Valley Parade in 1985 vs Bradford City....

My bruv-in-law was meant to be on duty at that match, but someone asked to swap with him, because the other policeman wanted another weekend off.  Horrible.

26 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Utterly underwhelming.  Hope I'm wrong but seems a lot of money for someone who is very much on a downward curve.  Can remember him, Benteke and Agbonlahor being good for Villa 5 or so years ago.

What's the basis of your justification, Bardy old boy? At just 26 years old, I'd have thought him to be in his prime.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What's the basis of your justification, Bardy old boy? At just 26 years old, I'd have thought him to be in his prime.

Good point.  It's just that he looked top quality 5 years ago but hasn't really been at that level for 3 years or so..

6 hours ago, Robin Ashton said:

https://britishcomics.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/football-picture-story-monthly/

Is that supposed to be one R. Osman on the cover of The Goals No One Cheered?

Ha, if it isn't it's his absolute double! I'm proud to say I was one of the non celebrators when he scored THAT goal. Grimsby, I think?

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

Any oldies remember Charles Buchan's Football Monthly

I certainly remember it, but I'm not that old!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Excellent knowledge, gold star for you!

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Good point.  It's just that he looked top quality 5 years ago but hasn't really been at that level for 3 years or so..

Frankly, for just £2m I think he represents a signing which we'd be silly not to make. Yes, his salary will bump up his cost of ownership to the club over the term of his contract but I've a good feeling that he'll repay us handsomely.

The time the medical is taking we could get another few pages out of this yet, so I'll add my pointless witterings.

I remember him for Villa and always thought he looked good, not taken much notice since.
If I'm reading that table right @Davefevs , his numbers stack up quite well. 60 games , 19 goals and 6 assists. Comes out at nearly 1 in 2 scored or assisted, not too shabby .
From what I remember, busy and quick, just what we were missing last year, and more so now BR's gone.

Archived