IGNORED

Matchday Thread - Henbury Gas v WPC Julie

BRIAN WILSON

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not someone who believes in this theory at all.

However to play Devil's Advocate, is it odd that Julie has not come on and debunked it in a swift and timely fashion? Surely if there was nothing of substance to tell, then this would have happened by now.

(For the record, I said it was inconceivable in my view that it happened- and that surely is the most rational answer, but it's not been as swiftly debunked as we all believed it would be).

It could well be that those "further enquiries" are simply contacting the alleged victim to get their version of events.  Because no complaint was made at the time, it's plausible that this information was not known until Julie's date...erm...meeting...with HG...! 

Therefore, as would be expected, this would be followed up.  If the claim is backed up by the individual involved, then again, more information should allow for CCTV footage to be looked at.  These things can take time.

I'm certain it's all hogwash as well.

As requested an update:

1) as previously stated I visited henbury gas in company with another football officer before we popped down to wsm for the game v Cheltenham. We were allocated to football duties for the shift so we’re not wasting any police time ! 

2) we spent approx 40 mins with him and as a result then spent another 20 mins with another Male who could give relevant information.

3) the fact concluded is that neither Male are witnesses to an assault at Ashton gate stadium . There is no cctv or any other evidence from security staff at Ashton gate regarding an incident of this nature.

4) information was given in relation to a male complaining of having been assaulted to both these males at some point at Ashton Gate stadium. 

5) unfortunately there is not enough information to trace the alleged victim at this time , no surname known and limited information re address. Enquires also made with Bristol rovers ticket office which at this stage are negative. 

6) the conclusion is that at this stage there is no evidence of a criminal assault taking place at Ashton gate stadium on this Male however injuries to his face and an explanation by him as to how they occurred was noted by 2 witnesses, one of which is entirely independent and not connected as a fan to either football club. 

7) we have noted in Avon and Somerset this occurance based as previously stated that a criminal offence could have happened, enquires are continuing to try and locate the alleged victim however this will also need to be done as carefully as possible putting the victim first 

8) I spoke at length to henbury gas regarding letting the police now deal and for no further publication of these allegations which he agreed to do . 

I fully appreciate that not a lot has been answered however it is difficult without finding the victim or any witnesses to any form of assault.

my hope is that this can be put to bed now by both sets of fans, my team and I will continue to try and find the victim and I hope that both sets of fans realise that he has to come first and this Must be dealt with in a sensitive manner .

i am off on leave after today for 2 weeks so will try to answer as much as I can before I go, but it continues to be an ongoing investigation so I will still be limited as to what I am able to report . 

11 minutes ago, JulieH said:

As requested an update:

1) as previously stated I visited henbury gas in company with another football officer before we popped down to wsm for the game v Cheltenham. We were allocated to football duties for the shift so we’re not wasting any police time ! 

2) we spent approx 40 mins with him and as a result then spent another 20 mins with another Male who could give relevant information.

3) the fact concluded is that neither Male are witnesses to an assault at Ashton gate stadium . There is no cctv or any other evidence from security staff at Ashton gate regarding an incident of this nature.

4) information was given in relation to a male complaining of having been assaulted to both these males at some point at Ashton Gate stadium. 

5) unfortunately there is not enough information to trace the alleged victim at this time , no surname known and limited information re address. Enquires also made with Bristol rovers ticket office which at this stage are negative. 

6) the conclusion is that at this stage there is no evidence of a criminal assault taking place at Ashton gate stadium on this Male however injuries to his face and an explanation by him as to how they occurred was noted by 2 witnesses, one of which is entirely independent and not connected as a fan to either football club. 

7) we have noted in Avon and Somerset this occurance based as previously stated that a criminal offence could have happened, enquires are continuing to try and locate the alleged victim however this will also need to be done as carefully as possible putting the victim first 

8) I spoke at length to henbury gas regarding letting the police now deal and for no further publication of these allegations which he agreed to do . 

I fully appreciate that not a lot has been answered however it is difficult without finding the victim or any witnesses to any form of assault.

my hope is that this can be put to bed now by both sets of fans, my team and I will continue to try and find the victim and I hope that both sets of fans realise that he has to come first and this Must be dealt with in a sensitive manner .

i am off on leave after today for 2 weeks so will try to answer as much as I can before I go, but it continues to be an ongoing investigation so I will still be limited as to what I am able to report . 

@JulieH thank you for the update it’s not a surprise to hear that there is limited information regarding the victim. Surprising to hear that as the allegation stated he knew the victim and other family members his recollection of names etc is vague.

@Gashead1981 as this has now been proven to be bullshit, as we all know, maybe you would like to remind this poster of forum rules?

7 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Many thanks for the update, albeit not a surprising conclusion.

Strange that the name of the alleged victim is not known, especially considering that HG stated that not only is said person a customer of his and additionally is well known in the area.

Enjoy your break.

Was just thinking the same. I'm also fairly sure a City fan on this board corroborated HG's story, saying he also knew the alleged victim.

Sorry can't recall the username, but perhaps that poster could help Julie out.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

@JulieH will this also be posted on the Rovers forum..?

It most certainly should be..! 

I am not a member of that forum . Reading the 8 page threading regarding the possibility of a police liaison officer posting there it is clear at this stage that there is some on there that do not want that .

Feel free anyone on here who is a member to paste this reply . 

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Was just thinking the same. I'm also fairly sure a City fan on this board corroborated HG's story, saying he knew the alleged victim.

That would help. We have a Christian name only so a surname would massively help .

1 minute ago, JulieH said:

I am not a member of that forum . Reading the 8 page threading regarding the possibility of a police liaison officer posting there it is clear at this stage that there is some on there that do not want that .

Got more chance of stealing the Crown Jewels . Than getting on there 

3 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I doubt it, they won't let her on, being a  copper and a gurt ted 'n' all

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I’m sure that the gashead admin who came on here posting his ill informed opinion on the matter, will have the good grace to post the official police findings on their forum, in the interests of balance and general decency..! 

13 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Was just thinking the same. I'm also fairly sure a City fan on this board corroborated HG's story, saying he also knew the alleged victim.

‘Jcolebristol’ was the poster.

He didn’t completely back up HGs story. He did say the guy is well known in Westbury and is severely autistic. He was upset by something that had happened inside AG (possibly an argument over a seat) and has decided not to return. He also said that despite knowing this guy quite well the alleged victim has never mentioned having his teeth knocked out at a football match.

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

‘Jcolebristol’ was the poster.

He didn’t completely back up HGs story. He did say the guy is well known in Westbury and is severely autistic. He was upset by something that had happened inside AG (possibly an argument over a seat) and has decided not to return. He also said that despite knowing this guy quite well the alleged victim has never mentioned having his teeth knocked out at a football match.

So basically someone was sat in someone else’s seat (learning difficulties or not) and told to move. 

I’d be very surprised if the exact same thing didn’t happen in most football grounds across the country, 100’s of times per game. 

The only exceptions being, those grounds with no/very little seating. Which would explain why Rovers fans can’t comprehend such a conversation..! 

26 minutes ago, JulieH said:

That would help. We have a Christian name only so a surname would massively help .

Henbury said he knew the family didn't he? So how can he not find out a surname - he has had plenty of time to find out. If I was in his position and was telling the truth, I would have went out of my way to get all the details to back my story up, and obviously the Rovers ticket office could easily get it, which Julie has said is a dead end.

A complete load of made up bull, and that is an absolute certainty. I hope he at least has the decency to make an apology to his own forum as people over there were sticking up for him and are now made to look like complete fools. It is nonsense like this that no club needs to bring more tension between fans.

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Henbury said he knew the family didn't he? Yes, but he’s a liar. So how can he not find out a surname - he has had plenty of time to find out. If I was in his position and was telling the truth, He wasn’t! I would have went out of my way to get all the details to back my story up, and obviously the Rovers ticket office could easily get it, which Julie has said is a dead end.

A complete load of made up bull, obviously!  and that is an absolute certainty. I hope he at least has the decency HA HA HA to make an apology to his own forum as people over there were sticking up for him and are now made to look like complete fools. It comes with the territory..! It is nonsense like this that no club needs to bring more tension between fans.

I would love to see the spineless, lying, ******* end up in court over this on charges of liable and/or slander. 

I might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 10 here but this is what I think.

The club originally confirmed they had been contacted by the mother of a vulnerable adult who had been upset by a “loud and raucous” atmosphere inside the ground. They suggested helping the man move his seat elsewhere within AG (presumably to a quieter area), no mention of a physical assault. 

Henbury Gas said that the alleged victims mum contacted the club to report a serious assault and was ‘fobbed off’ by BCFC who apparently suggested he moved seat (doesn’t sound likely does it?)

I think the actual ‘assault’ part never happened. Either HG made it up to score points or he was lied to. It wouldn’t surprise me if the man mentioned by the club last year is the same person as the man who HG claimed had his teeth knocked out. 

I think the ‘victim’ in all this has chosen to watch the Gas at the Mem because the atmosphere at AG in the section he was sitting had become too crowded and too loud and he preferred somewhere more quiet and less crowded. A row over a seat could’ve been the final straw.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

21 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Henbury said he knew the family didn't he? So how can he not find out a surname - he has had plenty of time to find out. If I was in his position and was telling the truth, I would have went out of my way to get all the details to back my story up, and obviously the Rovers ticket office could easily get it, which Julie has said is a dead end.

A complete load of made up bull, and that is an absolute certainty. I hope he at least has the decency to make an apology to his own forum as people over there were sticking up for him and are now made to look like complete fools. It is nonsense like this that no club needs to bring more tension between fans.

That's where this point falls down wood_red, he blatantly hasn't 'told the truth' as we all suspected and has now been proven to be a city obsessed liar. They never prosper kids so don't tell lies.

Game, set and match to OTIB methinks. Well done all for not letting this lie. :clap:

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 10 here but this is what I think.

The club originally confirmed they had been contacted by the mother of a vulnerable adult who had been upset by a “loud and raucous” atmosphere inside the ground. They suggested helping the man move his seat elsewhere within AG (presumably to a quieter area), no mention of a physical assault. 

Henbury Gas said that the alleged victims mum contacted the club to report a serious assault and was ‘fobbed off’ by BCFC who apparently suggested he moved seat (doesn’t sound likely does it?)

I think the actual ‘assault’ part never happened. Either HG made it up to score points or he was lied to. It wouldn’t surprise me if the man mentioned by the club last year is the same person as the man who HG claimed had his teeth knocked out. 

I think the ‘victim’ in all this has chosen to watch the Gas at the Mem because the atmosphere at AG in the section he was sitting had become too crowded and too loud and he preferred somewhere more quiet and less crowded. A row over a seat could’ve been the final straw.

I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

Why bother to speculate?

28 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

there was  a complaint to the FSF I think not so long back and the women complained about being fobbed of and I believe the FSF agreed with the clubs stance,

14 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Hopefully this can be laid to rest now.

Hard to believe it's gotten this far, just appears to have been an opportunity for some city fans to point score v HG.

The only one trying to 'point score' in this whole sorry episode is the sag. How have city fans tried to point score?

He continued to peddle a lie and write potentially libellous material against BCFC and BCFC supporters in general and has pretty much now being found out for what he is.

The only 'point'  being made by city fans was that his story was BS from the start. 

11 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Hopefully this can be laid to rest now.

Hard to believe it's gotten this far, just appears to have been an opportunity for some city fans to point score v HG.

More to do with the FACT of some Sag who seems to thrive on telling lies, are telling ridiculous lies about their local rival fans who let a disabled fan have their teeth knocked out by one of them. If you think that is fine to put on a public forum that is up to you, but I suspect if it was the other way around they would have wanted the truth as well.

Regarding point scoring over HG - that maybe the case, but it is more than deserved after this ridiculous charade. Hopefully a few of them on their forum will pull him on it, but I doubt they will and see it all as one big laugh. What would have happened when it was very heated and first come out, with people putting his phone number and business address on here - if some nutter would have done something stupid? This could have got way out of hand and he would have brought it all on himself for no good reason bar "point scoring" himself.

The bloke is a complete pr1ck, and it is now there for both sets of fans to see.

Archived