IGNORED

Matchday Thread - Henbury Gas v WPC Julie

BRIAN WILSON

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A lack of resources doesn't seem to bother A&SP deploying hundreds of officers to low risk football matches though to be fair.

I just think the *** should have been ignored as he thrives on the attention particularly when he's got "they Teds" in such a lather.

If fans could be trusted to behave then that wouldn’t be needed, sadly they can’t 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

If fans could be trusted to behave then that wouldn’t be needed, sadly they can’t 

Not sure I agree certainly in terms of numbers and also how they manage the exit from the ground of away fans.

Never going to change. As for HG he should be ignored as he wont have any action taken againsr him so all this does is fuel the pricks ego.

In terms of HG 

I'm no lawyer (unfortunately- as they make good cash!) but I think the most he would be likely to get would be to have to make a public apology, retraction and perhaps provide an explanation. At most.

Because though @Bar BS3 talks about libel, slander and prosecution- at the end of the day no real damage has been done to our brand. 

Legally it would likely be seen as a spat between 2 sets of fans, or less than that 2 sections of 2 fanbases aka the 2 forum.

Perhaps there could be scope for some sort of punishment of HG for potentially wasting police time..plus it's questionable City would see it as worth the hassle as for any sort of major legal case against HG, plus it could be spun as bad PR potentially. So I think it unlikely the club would bother much about it given it made no mass media outlets.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In terms of HG 

I'm no lawyer (unfortunately- as they make good cash!) but I think the most he would be likely to get would be to have to make a public apology, retraction and perhaps provide an explanation. At most.

Because though @Bar BS3 talks about libel, slander and prosecution- at the end of the day no real damage has been done to our brand. 

Legally it would likely be seen as a spat between 2 sets of fans, or less than that 2 sections of 2 fanbases aka the 2 forum.

Perhaps there could be scope for some sort of punishment of HG for potentially wasting police time..plus it's questionable City would see it as worth the hassle as for any sort of major legal case against HG, plus it could be spun as bad PR potentially. So I think it unlikely the club would bother much about it given it made no mass media outlets.

Honestly? Let the thread die. HG looks less than reliable and Julie is trying to establish more info. 

No further news will suggest the well known, frequent shop visitor, free shirt receiving, converted Season Ticket holder probably doesn't exist.

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Honestly? Let the thread die. HG looks less than reliable and Julie is trying to establish more info. 

No further news will suggest the well known, frequent shop visitor, free shirt receiving, converted Season Ticket holder probably doesn't exist.

In essence, you are right... but look at the time and trouble that it’s taken to prove that there is no basis to his claims..!

I don’t know about you, but that grates with me! 

Why should someone, deliberately, be allowed to spread pretty sickening (we’ve all condemned it, if it were true) stories throughout both rival fan bases without any facts or evidence..? Painting our fan base as the type to “do over” and “knock teeth out” of a disabled supporter, over sitting in the wrong seat. Then claim that our club ignored it and thenclaim that BRFC bent over backwards to rectify the situation and welcome him with open arms and nice gestures. All proven to be LIES! 

Just saying “forget it and move on” doesn’t really wash with me, insuch a blatant and vile plan to discredit both our support base and our club. 

I’m sorry, but what next..? How far should this ***t be able to spout his lies before something gets seriously out of hand..? 

Most scumbags play up anonymously on forums. He’s been outed and identified. He should face the consequences of his libellous accusations, on principle! Even if it seems petty, I think not doing so could set a precidence that actually encourages these trolls, and those like him to get to a point where things get really nasty. 

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah- agreed with that.

Like I say though, anyone anticipating some big legal case against the less than reliable claimant would be waiting a long time.

Best to let this nonsense slip away though IMO

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In terms of HG 

Slander and libel are civil matters* and the police have no involvement so there is no concept of prosecution. The aggrieved party needs to sue for damages. These are highly expensive matters to pursue.

*I know there are exceptions where the alleged slander is against the Crown or some offices of state but I really can’t be arsed to look them up. They may not even be still in statute, or I may have dreamed it.

time to let it drop.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In essence, you are right... but look at the time and trouble that it’s taken to prove that there is no basis to his claims..!

I don’t know about you, but that grates with me! 

Why should someone, deliberately, be allowed to spread pretty sickening (we’ve all condemned it, if it were true) stories throughout both rival fan bases without any facts or evidence..? Painting our fan base as the type to “do over” and “knock teeth out” of a disabled supporter, over sitting in the wrong seat. Then claim that our club ignored it and thenclaim that BRFC bent over backwards to rectify the situation and welcome him with open arms and nice gestures. All proven to be LIES! 

Just saying “forget it and move on” doesn’t really wash with me, insuch a blatant and vile plan to discredit both our support base and our club. 

I’m sorry, but what next..? How far should this ***t be able to spout his lies before something gets seriously out of hand..? 

Most scumbags play up anonymously on forums. He’s been outed and identified. He should face the consequences of his libellous accusations, on principle! Even if it seems petty, I think not doing so could set a precidence that actually encourages these trolls, and those like him to get to a point where things get really nasty. 

Get that, but playing a more pragmatic card, it isn't something that will serve any sort of purpose.

I read a few years ago that a civil action of this nature runs to about a third of a Tilson and should you win (with costs) you would be lucky to see a third of that back. You would lose money if you won.

Just let it fade away with a self satisfaction that the original source of this story looks somewhat silly.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get that, but playing a more pragmatic card, it isn't something that will serve any sort of purpose.

I read a few years ago that a civil action of this nature runs to about a third of a Tilson and should you win (with costs) you would be lucky to see a third of that back. You would lose money if you won.

Just let it fade away with a self satisfaction that the original source of this story looks somewhat silly.

If I were a billionaire club owner, I’d be sueing him on principle, for loss of earnings on every new BRFC season ticket holder, who was clearly put off following City and opted for Rovers (HG’s only logical aim) by his fabricated claims. 

As a billionaire, I’d happily settle a £50k?? court bill, in return for seeing that ***t made bankrupt over a £15k?? Compensation order for lost revenue due to his libellous accusations.  

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If I were a billionaire club owner, I’d be sueing him on principle, for loss of earnings on every new BRFC season ticket holder, who was clearly put off following City and opted for Rovers (HG’s only logical aim) by his fabricated claims. 

As a billionaire, I’d happily settle a £50k?? court bill, in return for seeing that ***t made bankrupt over a £15k?? Compensation order for lost revenue due to his libellous accusations.  

Oyston.

Get the idea, but would you honestly take pleasure in potentially making some bloke bankrupt, homeless and putting his kids in poverty?

I wouldn't.

I feel his 'version' of fact has been mocked sufficiently that any credibility he had has been flushed, time to park it all.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oyston.

Get the idea, but would you honestly take pleasure in potentially making some bloke bankrupt, homeless and putting his kids in poverty?

I wouldn't.

I feel his 'version' of fact has been mocked sufficiently that any credibility he had has been flushed, time to park it all.

I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t a virgin, let alone had kids..! 

He’d feel right at home being skint, homeless and poverty stricken, being a Rovers fan...!

**** him. Play with fire, you’ll get burned..!

35 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Slander and libel are civil matters* and the police have no involvement so there is no concept of prosecution. The aggrieved party needs to sue for damages. These are highly expensive matters to pursue.

*I know there are exceptions where the alleged slander is against the Crown or some offices of state but I really can’t be arsed to look them up. They may not even be still in statute, or I may have dreamed it.

time to let it drop.

I'm predicting what I believe a likely outcome would be but yeah it could be very expensive for HG- but likely given it got very little public traction or publicity not sure it would go that far.

@Bristol Rob Probably right on fiscal gain. Wouldn't be much in it for us, probably would make a loss.

In general terms, proving loss of earnings given it was ultimately a spat across 2 forums between a section of fans.

The story died for about 9-10 months would be rather difficult wouldn't it? Tenuous anyway.

@Bar BS3

Risk of bad PR? Bristol Sport as well as sport is about growth of the brand, the image...

Punitive legal action, even if technically correct against an ill-informed (at best)/might appear and be portrayed as petty at best and vindictive at worst.

Sledgehammer to crack a nutter- that bad PR would be no good for Bristol Sport, given the founder would be seen as usng highly disproportionate methods.

Oyston is an excellent comparison BTW in that scenario if it came to pass.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm predicting what I believe a likely outcome would be but yeah it could be very expensive for HG- but likely given it got very little public traction or publicity not sure it would go that far.

@Bristol Rob Probably right on fiscal gain. Wouldn't be much in it for us, probably would make a loss.

In general terms, proving loss of earnings given it was ultimately a spat across 2 forums between a section of fans.

The story died for about 9-10 months would be rather difficult wouldn't it? Tenuous anyway.

@Bar BS3

Risk of bad PR? Bristol Sport as well as sport is about growth of the brand, the image...

Punitive legal action, even if technically correct against an ill-informed (at best)/might appear and be portrayed as petty at best and vindictive at worst.

Sledgehammer to crack a nutter- that bad PR would be no good for Bristol Sport, given the founder would be seen as usng highly disproportionate methods.

Oyston is an excellent comparison BTW in that scenario if it came to pass.

Of course what you are saying is correct. I’d just like the little c*** to be made to face the consequences of his lies. 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course what you are saying is correct. I’d just like the little c*** to be made to face the consequences of his lies. 

Yeah it doesn't feel right that he seems to be off scot free.

Any lawyers on here, could he get some penalty for wasting police time?

To be a fly on the wall in that convo he had with Julie H though...'oh er ERM.

That claim I made? Well a funny thing...'

Bet it began something like that...

Archived