IGNORED

Flinty

BigTone

34 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't see the problem myself CR, he was very well thought of here after all. Point taken though.

30 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Feels right to me as he served us well and I feel no malice towards him for wanting to try and improve himself (and earn a bigger wedge)

I’m not sure I was making a point really, and I certainly don’t have any malice towards Flint.

It just struck me as a particularly warm way of describing a player who isn’t actually ours any more. I guess it’s just a hugely positive reflection of his time here, which is no bad thing. Not many players would still get a “y” after they’d left!

3 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

He’ll get a great one from me if he gifts us a goal with a ricker like today’s against Millwall 

Maybe he will forget who he is playing for (both us and Boro play in red) and tap one past Randolph! :whistle: 

@BCFC11 @Ska Junkie @BigTone

Yeah tend to agree. Wonder if fans though might also remember him regularly signing new contracts, the Birmingham saga last summer and leaving to a Championship rival for (IMO) perhaps less than we should have got..may leave a bitter taste for some.

Overall though, see no reason he should get a hostile reception he was our leader, our lynchpin.

Flint did a great job for the club, improved season on season and always gave everything. He signed a new contract which meant we got a reasonable fee for him too. If you thought he wasn't actually good defensively then you should be really happy with the fee we got, If you loved him for what he gave us then you should be supportive of a move that gives him a payday and arguably a better shot at the prem. It not like he screwed us over. No good reason to lay into him in my book.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Was at Millwall today and afraid Flinty had a bit of a mare. Came good 2nd half but looked out of place TBH. Give him a few more games to settle I suppose. Boro generally were fairly average until the last 20 mins and I can't see them as promotion contenders. Early days I know before someone says it.

Buy him back in Jan for a cut price £1m!

we are going to concede a lot of headed goals this season imo. I dont see any dominance in the air at the back im afraid. 

23 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Flint did a great job for the club, improved season on season and always gave everything. He signed a new contract which meant we got a reasonable fee for him too. If you thought he wasn't actually good defensively then you should be really happy with the fee we got, If you loved him for what he gave us then you should be supportive of a move that gives him a payday and arguably a better shot at the prem. It not like he screwed us over. No good reason to lay into him in my book.

Let’s not fall into the trap of him signing a new contract because he loved the club nonsense,he had a healthy pay rise and a get out clause

28 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s not fall into the trap of him signing a new contract because he loved the club nonsense,he had a healthy pay rise and a get out clause

The fact is we got 6 million for him when we would of got nothing if he hadn’t signed a new contract, no trap

29 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

you are joshing

Not joshing, Collier and Merrick were light years ahead of Flint when it came to defending or indeed any other central defender since, that’s no slur against Flint or any other centre half we’ve had (in saying that Shaun Taylor was special)

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not joshing, Collier and Merrick were light years ahead of Flint when it came to defending or indeed any other central defender since, that’s no slur against Flint or any other centre half we’ve had (in saying that Shaun Taylor was special)

I have no argument re Collier and Merrick it is the number of others including Taylor that you place Flint above as a centre half that I was amazed by.

39 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So Bryan's in the pretty much the same position right now. Would you rather he didn't sign and ran his contract down? Which option would be better for the club? 

19 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

So Bryan's in the pretty much the same position right now. Would you rather he didn't sign and ran his contract down? Which option would be better for the club? 

Seeing as no club wants Bryan then let him run down his contract if he thinks the grass is greener,the money will be greener for sure

Archived