IGNORED

Inevitable, but terrible / Disappointing transfer window (Merged)

Sturny

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, let’s agree to disagree - and you didn’t answer my question, which alone throws your logic in the bin. 

I asked why you called Bobby ‘a very high goalscorer’ when he has only done it for one season?

Like I said, everything is going over your head. 

11 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

When half brain dead people got money in their hands  there is a problem for people caring

3 questions for you Tommy?

1) What time do the pubs open up over there?

2) Which one are you in your picture?

3) Is the first guy at the back Harold Bishop off Neighbours?

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Because Bryan is recognised as an even bigger serious talent. Hence why he's now in the premier league. Fulham and Vila both realised that and went for Bryan first and Vila went for Dasilva after. 

Are you claiming Dasilva is better? I could agree that Dasilva could potentially become a better serious talent in a few years but right now I don't believe he's better. 

How much have you watched DaSilva to say that?

Also, if we’re comparing them as left backs, take away Bryan’s excellent goals and he wouldn’t be thought of nearly as highly. Left backs primary duty is to defend anyway, and we’ve been leaky in defence for a while. Maybe a change will make us tighter.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

apart from various football pundits saying he's better then some prem left backs already, Chelseas faith in him by giving him a new contract last year and Englands faith in him by picked picked at every age group up to the under 20's (he's 20 years old) thats more then bryan has done who has never been picked internationally at any age group but he is 4 years his senior has had more experience 

Same as ........

Taylor Moore 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How much have you watched DaSilva to say that?

Also, if we’re comparing them as left backs, take away Bryan’s excellent goals and he wouldn’t be thought of nearly as highly. Left backs primary duty is to defend anyway, and we’ve been leaky in defence for a while. Maybe a change will make us tighter.

Answer me this, if you put DaSilva and Joe Bryan side by side and ask any Championship team who they'd rather have playing LB for them this season. Who'd you think they'd choose? Who'd you think Vila would choose first? Oh yeah, that's right, It was Joe Bryan. I wonder why ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Answer me this, if you put DaSilva and Joe Bryan side by side and ask any Championship team who they'd rather have playing LB for them this season. Who'd you think they'd choose? Who'd you think Vila would choose first? Oh yeah, that's right, It was Joe Bryan. I wonder why ?‍♂️

How much of Dasilva have you seen to say Bryan is better?

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

The fact that Villa then moved on to Dasilva when Bryan was obviously going to reject them would suggest he’s not massively inferior to Bryan though otherwise he wouldn’t have even been considered by them.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Bit harsh tbh. This lad was player of the year at a top 6 league one side last season. Taylor Moore was bang average in league 2 last season. Not quite the same imo.

I aggree

I was merely pointing out that sometimes the England bit can mislead 

Amazing how many U18s 19s 20s don’t make it

Im sure Desilva will , and his Club status is a probably a safer indicator than the International age group representation

Dont dismiss the value of the experience Joe has at 24

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The fact that Villa then moved on to Dasilva when Bryan was obviously going to reject them would suggest he’s not massively inferior to Bryan though otherwise he wouldn’t have even been considered by them.

That's my point. I'm not saying DaSilva is "Massively inferior" but the lessor option and imo just simply inferior to Bryan. They went in for Bryan first for a reason, because he's better. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How much of Dasilva have you seen to say Bryan is better?

How much of DaSilva have you seen to say Bryan is worse? I'm sure Fulham feel gutted they missed out on DaSilva and got the worse player, Joe Bryan ?

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

How much of DaSilva have you seen to say Bryan is worse? I'm sure Fulham feel gutted they missed out on DaSilva and got the worse player, Joe Bryan ?

Haven’t watched Dasilva play and thus not saying Bryan is worse. I notice you haven’t actually answered the question yourself though.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haven’t watched Dasilva play and thus not saying Bryan is worse. I notice you haven’t actually answered the question yourself though.

I haven’t either, but going on experience in the league, adaptability on the left along and the fact clearly Vila and Fulham’s recruitment believed Bryan to be the better option out of the pair (Vila is the perfect example of why Bryan is better) fills me with doubt that DaSilva is an improved/equal replacement for Bryan. 

Before anyone misunderstand me again, I’m aware DaSilva is a good player, I just think he won’t be as good for us as Bryan. 

13 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I haven’t either, but going on experience in the league, adaptability on the left along and the fact clearly Vila and Fulham’s recruitment believed Bryan to be the better option out of the pair (Vila is the perfect example of why Bryan is better) fills me with doubt that DaSilva is an improved/equal replacement for Bryan. 

Before anyone misunderstand me again, I’m aware DaSilva is a good player, I just think he won’t be as good for us as Bryan. 

exactly that word THINK means you have no more idea than any of us, the difference is you have appeared to have come to a conclusion based on no evidence at all, players appear out of nowhere take bobby reid for example, nobody saw last seasons scoring bonanza I bet even he was surprised if he was honest, hope you are big enough to come on here later in the season and admit you were wrong if he turns out to be the player he has the potential to be.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

exactly that word THINK means you have no more idea than any of us, the difference is you have appeared to have come to a conclusion based on no evidence at all, players appear out of nowhere take bobby reid for example, nobody saw last seasons scoring bonanza I bet even he was surprised if he was honest, hope you are big enough to come on here later in the season and admit you were wrong if he turns out to be the player he has the potential to be.

Why did Vila go for Joe Bryan first then? They clearly had an understanding of the two players as they were interested. They have professional scouts who looked at both players and went for Joe Bryan before DaSilva for a reason. I hope you’re right, and all these players prove me wrong but I’m in doubt, sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Why did Vila go for Joe Bryan first then? They clearly had an understanding of the two players as they were interested. They have professional scouts who looked at both players and went for Joe Bryan before DaSilva for a reason. I hope you’re right, and all these players prove me wrong but I’m in doubt, sorry. 

what I meant is that players can occasionally suddenly find there feet, for all we know DaSilva may be only a few percent behind JB, that could very quickly change given a few games playing with older players in the championship. 

37 minutes ago, Sturny said:

The obvious divider is experience. Bryan has won a league title and is seasoned in this league now. Less of a risk than Dasilva for Villa. 

I think perhaps poor choice of words from you because we don’t know for sure whether Dasilva will be better or worse.. we’ll find out. 

14 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Good grief.........you’re like a dog with a bone..............:disapointed2se:

I’ll explain....... JB is an experience and established Championship player. Far less risk in signing him rather than taking a risk on on a player with no Championship experience.

Clearly LJ considers Dasilva has the ability to perform in the Championship having been PotY at Charlton last season and has persuaded Chelsea to loan him to us . No doubt the fact that Tammy was a huge success at City played a significant part in the deal.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good grief.........you’re like a dog with a bone..............:disapointed2se:

I’ll explain....... JB is an experience and established Championship player. Far less risk in signing him rather than taking a risk on on a player with no Championship experience.

Clearly LJ considers Dasilva has the ability to perform in the Championship having been PotY at Charlton last season and has persuaded Chelsea to loan him to us . No doubt the fact that Tammy was a huge success at City played a significant part in the deal.

DaSilva has the ability to play in the championship is speculation but I agree, I too think he could make the step up, but Joe Bryan bossed the championship and has already done what people are speculating DaSilva can achieve. That’s my problem with people saying DaSilva is better/equal 

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And you’re a newbie as well that has fallen into the same snare........

Nah, just quietly watching from a far. 

35 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Me and Robbored will have to settle this with a coin toss by the looks ? 

Heads or tails?

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He doesn’t answer questions....just makes sweeping statements based on nothing, ignores facts and solid stats....eg he said none of our signings were ‘promotion contenders’ and then argued when it was pointed out that Weimann played in the championship play offs in May 2018, so he was obviously a ‘promotion contender’....

Archived