IGNORED

Gone and not replaced

KeepUpLino

Final comment...... you posted:

Lee Johnson said he would get us into the Europa League quickly.

I called you out on the fact that he never said that.

And he didn't!  He said :

"We'll give it a right good go, that's for sure," said Johnson at Tuesday's BBC Radio Bristol & BBC Somerset sports forum.

"I believe it as well. I believe it is putting pressure on everybody at the club and we can deal with that pressure.

"Yes it will be very, very difficult, but why not? We're ready to go. Bristol is a fantastic city.

Fake news based on Agenda posting.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Final comment...... you posted:

Lee Johnson said he would get us into the Europa League quickly.

I called you out on the fact that he never said that.

And he didn't!  He said :

"We'll give it a right good go, that's for sure," said Johnson at Tuesday's BBC Radio Bristol & BBC Somerset sports forum.

"I believe it as well. I believe it is putting pressure on everybody at the club and we can deal with that pressure.

"Yes it will be very, very difficult, but why not? We're ready to go. Bristol is a fantastic city.

Fake news based on Agenda posting.

I admit I lied about Lee Johnson ever mentioning European football at Ashton Gate.

If Bristol City do get into European football within five years of Lee becoming manager, then this was never claimed by either Mr Johnson, the BBC, or any officials BCFC Ltd.

Any participation in European football, by association, is mere coincidence, and has never been referred to by public interview.

I do not know who Lee Johnson is, and totally disassociate myself with the false representation made by https, above, which I was put up to by Russian coercion.

In short, Lee Johnson has never made any claim in relation to the prospect of European football, or associated ambitions.

May God forgive me.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Johnson said City aim to "fast-track" efforts to emulate Swansea and Stoke, who have both featured in Europe's second-tier competition in recent years.

So Lee said that this time last year and has 4 years left to come good. I do feel that ,at that point, SL may not have included the statement that our best players will be sold at the end of a reasonable season. I'm glad he's got such aspirations but I'd pretty much think that it's unlikely although four years is a huge amount of time in football and if Lee is still here then - in all likelihood it will be because he has got us into the PL and is challenging.

You cannot criticise a Manager for setting his sights high.I suspect that you may have made similar comments if he had said he'd be challenging for the League Cup after disposing of a number of PL clubs including Man U.

I revert to my comment that LJ, like Flint, has been subject to OTT criticism.

Minor point: he said it two years ago, so he’s got three left.

But I do agree with you that aims and ambitions are not the same as promises, and I wouldn’t hold it against him if he doesn’t achieve it.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Minor point: he said it two years ago, so he’s got three left.

But I do agree with you that aims and ambitions are not the same as promises, and I wouldn’t hold it against him if he doesn’t achieve it.

It's always a tricky one for any Manager/Owner/Chairman to state that  " we are aiming for Promotion/Silverware/Europe" and then fans expect exactly that as a rite of passage. If they don't state any ambition then they are deemed to have no ambition by the very same fans - yet there is no middle ground.

" We'll do our best and try jolly hard " doesn't really cut any ice with anyone. 

I just think it's fair to say that LJ has stated where he wants the club to be not where it's going to be- same goes for Ashton and SL.

Flint is the perfect example for why we should not rush to judgement on new signings. He improved massively compared to his first season here, although I don’t expect SOD saying we paid too much for him (£300k) was a great confidence booster at the start of his City career! I liked the look of Webster on Tuesday - he was even beating Matt Smith in the air - and if he can maintain that level of performance, he’ll do well here. 

Archived