IGNORED

Gone and not replaced

KeepUpLino

41 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If you take away the goals from Flint's game then it completely changes his benefit to any team. But he does score crucial goals which more than makes up for the rest of his deficiencies.

Last season on OTIB- there were a number of posters suggesting that Flint should be 'rested' i.e. dropped- and also the season before. How quickly we forget.

My memories of Flint will always be about the goals but I also just can't forget the huge number of times he'd make a crucial tackle only to give the ball straight back to the opposition and they'd be straight back at us. I think the difference with Baker ( when fit) and  Kelly along with Dasilva and Kalas ( based on highlights and at games respectively) is they are more likely to keep possession when they win the ball as opposed to hoof it back to the opposition. IMO.

Very similar to my take on Flint as well. 

He responded well to LJs advice to ‘keep it simple’  and made him better for it. Lay the ball off to a more skilled team mate was essentially what LJ told him and we saw the midfielders dropping back to receive his pass, knowing his limitations.

BobBobsuperbob either sneers at my opinion of Flint or simply ignores it and I’m glad I’m not the only one who has the same view.

Every single one of them has been replaced... 

Bryan- replaced with Kelly which IMO will get better and better. And da Silva 

flint- has been replaced with Webster and kalas...

reid- has been replaced with Weinman.. going by what I’ve saw I would have weinman up top over Reid... personal opinion 

and to add hunt and eisa I would honestly say we have a much better ‘Squad’

4 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Every single one of them has been replaced... 

Bryan- replaced with Kelly which IMO will get better and better. And da Silva 

flint- has been replaced with Webster and kalas...

reid- has been replaced with Weinman.. going by what I’ve saw I would have weinman up top over Reid... personal opinion 

and to add hunt and eisa I would honestly say we have a much better ‘Squad’

In the medium to long run, you may well be right.

This season however, you can't underestimate the continuity factor or lack of that seems to have followed under Johnson. Both of the team playing with them, and them in the team. Perhaps even more importantly, the experience that Flint in particular brought to the defence, fairly invaluable IMO. Which is why I foresee a transitional, building season ahead.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In the medium to long run, you may well be right.

This season however, you can't underestimate the continuity factor or lack of that seems to have followed under Johnson. Both of the team playing with them, and them in the team. Perhaps even more importantly, the experience that Flint in particular brought to the defence, fairly invaluable IMO. Which is why I foresee a transitional, building season ahead.

I’m pretty sure that’s why kalas has been brought in mate, 3 promotions out of the championship not sure we will get more experience than that. 

40 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

I’m pretty sure that’s why kalas has been brought in mate, 3 promotions out of the championship not sure we will get more experience than that. 

Don't get me wrong, Kalas is a great signing.

I just don't think because of the mix of churn in playing staff and reduction of experience, we'll be seriously pushing top 6. We'll see however.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't get me wrong, Kalas is a great signing.

I just don't think because of the mix of churn in playing staff and reduction of experience, we'll be seriously pushing top 6. We'll see however.

Bollocks.

With this single loan signing, the magician Johnson has placed the final piece of the jigsaw.

I feel no-one can now prevent City running away with the division.

Anyone who says different is a ******** ewok.

On 23/08/2018 at 17:10, BCFC Richard said:

You don't half talk some crap about Flint. One of the best regarded CB's in the division, consistent determined, put his body on the line and frankly little doubt a better overall player than Webster defensively. Webster is better at bringing the ball out but you are blinkered to the improvements flint made here and the fact that he often brought the ball out at a pace last season.  I'd rather have Flint but in terms of the system the sale made sense and Webster is the right replacement because although he's not as good as Flint is now he is better than Flint was when Flint arrived. He is also about the same age Flint was when he arrived. So to my mind, that's the system working - keep Webster a few years develope him sell him and buy a 23/24 year who is better than Webster was - rinse and repeat.

I totally agree although if you look at the young CBs we have at the club such as Vyner & Moore both 21 and add in Kelly who is going to be a top player I think the club have a succession path for replacing Webster, Baker & Wright

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If you take away the goals from Flint's game then it completely changes his benefit to any team. But he does score crucial goals which more than makes up for the rest of his deficiencies.

Last season on OTIB- there were a number of posters suggesting that Flint should be 'rested' i.e. dropped- and also the season before. How quickly we forget.

My memories of Flint will always be about the goals but I also just can't forget the huge number of times he'd make a crucial tackle only to give the ball straight back to the opposition and they'd be straight back at us. I think the difference with Baker ( when fit) and  Kelly along with Dasilva and Kalas ( based on highlights and at games respectively) is they are more likely to keep possession when they win the ball as opposed to hoof it back to the opposition. IMO.

Very few, and they'd be the same posters who never gave Flint credit for anything as they'd set out their stall with OTT criticism early on and refused to change their opinion one iota despite the overwhelmingly consistent evidence in his favour week after week.

Simply buffoons who refused to admit how wrong they were and continued to embarrass themselves by seeking to exaggerate any tiny lapse in Flint's game to try and put him down, and 'prove their point'.

I said buffoons, the word I'm really looking for is W*****s.

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very few, and they'd be the same posters who never gave Flint credit for anything as they'd set out their stall with OTT criticism early on and refused to change their opinion one iota despite the overwhelmingly consistent evidence in his favour week after week.

Simply buffoons who refused to admit how wrong they were and continued to embarrass themselves by seeking to exaggerate any tiny lapse in Flint's game to try and put him down, and 'prove their point'.

Just wait for someone to go on about how he was only praised for his goals..

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Harsh words but there is a minority who made their mind up early and ignore any evidence to the contrary.

Credit is due to Flint and to SC and LJ for the big improvement in his game over time.

We can all rush to judgement over a player but some of us don't mind admitting we were wrong.

Einstein said something along the lines of when the evidence changes I change my mind.

4 hours ago, Sturny said:

Yeh mate Flint and Bryan are w@nk we've clearly done Fulham/Middlesbrough one. Bet they're well pissed they bought those two instead of DaSilva/Webster. 

I'm sure they're gutted ?

The question was what have they achieved and think my response answered it. How about you give the new players a bit of time to prove they are good enough if not better.

Also, suggest you reserve judgement on Flint, Bryan and anyone else we have sold this summer as the grass isn’t always greener and - We may well have pulled their pants down, time will tell ?

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The question was what have they achieved and think my response answered it. How about you give the new players a bit of time to prove they are good enough if not better.

Also, suggest you reserve judgement on Flint, Bryan and anyone else we have sold this summer as the grass isn’t always greener and - We may well have pulled their pants down, time will tell ?

They’ve been given the chance because they’ve proved themselves at this level very well. Webster/DaSilva haven’t, yet. 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'd agree as I would about Lee Johnson who cannot do right for wrong. Neither are perfect but neither deserve their OTT criticism.

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'd agree as I would about Lee Johnson who cannot do right for wrong. Neither are perfect but neither deserve their OTT criticism.

Lee Johnson said he would get us into the Europa League quickly.

When he does this he will get FULL credit for doing so.

How much credit does one boy need, FFS??

Just now, ... said:

Lee Johnson said he would get us into the Europa League quickly.

When he does this he will get FULL credit for doing so.

How much credit does one boy need, FFS??

Once again....

I'm gonna have to call you out on this.

Show me the quote directly from LJ when he said:

" I'm going to get BCFC into the Europa League quickly".

( This is not rhetorical- show me the money)

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Once again....

I'm gonna have to call you out on this.

Show me the quote directly from LJ when he said:

" I'm going to get BCFC into the Europa League quickly".

( This is not rhetorical- show me the money)

Standby ............

(Can't have fake news, can we?)

Johnson said City aim to "fast-track" efforts to emulate Swansea and Stoke, who have both featured in Europe's second-tier competition in recent years.

"We'll give it a right good go, that's for sure," said Johnson at Tuesday's BBC Radio Bristol & BBC Somerset sports forum.

"I believe it as well. I believe it is putting pressure on everybody at the club and we can deal with that pressure.

"Yes it will be very, very difficult, but why not? We're ready to go. Bristol is a fantastic city.

So Lee said that this time last year and has 4 years left to come good. I do feel that ,at that point, SL may not have included the statement that our best players will be sold at the end of a reasonable season. I'm glad he's got such aspirations but I'd pretty much think that it's unlikely although four years is a huge amount of time in football and if Lee is still here then - in all likelihood it will be because he has got us into the PL and is challenging.

You cannot criticise a Manager for setting his sights high.I suspect that you may have made similar comments if he had said he'd be challenging for the League Cup after disposing of a number of PL clubs including Man U.

I revert to my comment that LJ, like Flint, has been subject to OTT criticism.

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Come on- it's not exactly what he said is it???

Called out and failed. :yes:

He said, one assumes, what the BBC reported.

I've said, that if he does that, he deserves FULL credit.

If you disagree with any of this, then you are arguing with yourself!

If we get into Europe under Johnson, within five years of him taking over, we will all be overjoyed.

:bounce:

Archived