IGNORED

Bristol City fans look for help in legal fight against West Midlands police force

COACH2

22 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Out of interest, if you win the case what will change to stop this happening again?

Apart from the obvious injustice of this and making it right for the fans involved, this is the main reason the Supporters Club & Trust are supporting this. We believe that a ruling against a police force for abusing these powers will bring about a change in behaviour and make other police forces think twice before applying it in the future. 

The thing I don’t get is that this just wouldn’t happen if it was a group of people going to watch any other kind of event. I have full respect for the police and the difficult job they do - especially so in these uncertain times - but cases like this serve to undermine their position and bring the entire thing into disrepute. 

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm a bit torn by this, quite agree that those treated unfairly deserve justice against a police force that have historically 'made it up as we go along' but then we have the 'no pyro, no party' brigade who, despite warning insist on doing their thing.

On the assumption that 'no pyro' are non violent law breakers who believe they are adding to the atmosphere, I am more minded to hold back on donating, who knows who is being targeted because of that?

I'll sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning.

Not entirely sure what you mean Rob but all I can say is that a small group of lads (not a mob, not a firm) simply travelled to Birmingham on the train to watch City. Went to a couple of pubs, not drunk, no pyro - just a normal away day that any of us could've been having and they were stitched up as described in @Blagdon red post. This is why they are taking the police all the way on this one as it is in their view so clear that they have been treated unfairly - and it literally could've been any of us.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not entirely sure what you mean Rob but all I can say is that a small group of lads (not a mob, not a firm) simply travelled to Birmingham on the train to watch City. Went to a couple of pubs, not drunk, no pyro - just a normal away day that any of us could've been having and they were stitched up as described in @Blagdon red post. This is why they are taking the police all the way on this one as it is in their view so clear that they have been treated unfairly - and it literally could've been any of us.

Indeed. If my son and I had left the pub 5 minutes later than we did, we would very likely have been caught up in this.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My conflicting thoughts arise from the fact we seem to have a fair number of 'mischief makers' who are seemingly under the radar of the authorities and their actions are possibly a reason why completely innocent fans get a raw deal.

Appreciate that in any large group you are going to get one or two who walk to the beat of their own drum, but is this the result we now see? People with no criminal intentions having their civil liberties compromised.

This doesn't justify the behaviour of the WMP in this case, but I just wonder if the actions of some of the collective has resulted in incorrect policing.

Or is it a case that WMP still have the hump over Walsall in the play offs?

• SC&T Board Members
5 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Indeed. If my son and I had left the pub 5 minutes later than we did, we would very likely have been caught up in this.

Me and my nephew too. We were with @thatcham red that day.

This is another important aspect of this: these 10 weren't even a group of people who travelled together. They didn't all know each other. They just happened to be walking along the same stretch of pavement on the way to St Andrews when WMP decided they were all hooligans.

Here's the link for donations towards the court costs (if not needed the money will go the FSF to fight other similar cases of abuse of power by the police against football fans)

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yep like the ones beating their shields and waving Tenners at the miners...There have been simply thousands of Police abuse of power problems in my lifetime, up to and including, fitting up ‘terrorists’, protecting political figures from a variety of crimes (would you like me to go through the list), turning a blind eye to Free masonary...Give me ******* strength, The Police Force in the UK has been bent my entire life time and for years did not care who knew iT!

HILLSBOROUGH!

I hope that helps with the why!! The issue is many blue hats don’t understand why there is no trust in them.

WMP have been total dicks, starting fights and abusing football supporters for years. This is the tip of the Iceberg, finally there are a few pushing back. They will get a 100 from me!

This plus Walsall away play offs, Cardiff away several times, Hillsborough, Milwall fan assaulted last year at AG, recent revelations re "sexual misconduct"...( Guardian article 2 weeks ago )etc etc.

That's just without really thinking too hard about it...….

3 minutes ago, KevP said:

This plus Walsall away play offs, Cardiff away several times, Hillsborough, Milwall fan assaulted last year at AG, recent revelations re "sexual misconduct"...etc etc.

That's just without really thinking too hard about it...….

See this is the 'reasoning' that people like you put up to demean the Police, of course there will be cases where the Police have not been up to the mark, corruption assault you name it, why don't you include the police that have dies in the course of duty? The House of Commons killing recently, the copper that was hacked to death in London, Manchester....there is a long list.

But remember cops are recruited from society, like you and me, of course there will be issues, but by and large it works well, nothing is perfect, but without the support of the Public it is almost impossible for the Police to do their job, what I am seeing is a Police Force that has the weight of societies problems thrust upon them that has nothing to do with Law and Order, for instance boozed up High Streets every weekend, and having to deal with societies homeless, mentally ill etc.

Football 'hooligans' are at least bread and butter Police matters, as I said it's the sort of situation they are trained for, and on the whole the handle it just fine.   

Rather odd that we castigate some that we accuse as Horse Punchers when the Police are going about their duties, yet our own seem to happy do condemn the Police on here.

So what's it to be?

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

See this is the 'reasoning' that people like you put up to demean the Police, of course there will be cases where the Police have not been up to the mark, corruption assault you name it, why don't you include the police that have dies in the course of duty? The House of Commons killing recently, the copper that was hacked to death in London, Manchester....there is a long list.

But remember cops are recruited from society, like you and me, of course there will be issues, but by and large it works well, nothing is perfect, but without the support of the Public it is almost impossible for the Police to do their job, what I am seeing is a Police Force that has the weight of societies problems thrust upon them that has nothing to do with Law and Order, for instance boozed up High Streets every weekend, and having to deal with societies homeless, mentally ill etc.

Football 'hooligans' are at least bread and butter Police matters, as I said it's the sort of situation they are trained for, and on the whole the handle it just fine.   

Rather odd that we castigate some that we accuse as Horse Punchers when the Police are going about their duties, yet our own seem to happy do condemn the Police on here.

So what's it to be?

"people like you"...….??? Im like you, "just a member of the great British Public who support Law and Order "...….

:robbored:

3 minutes ago, KevP said:

"people like you"...….??? Im like you, "just a member of the great British Public who support Law and Order "...….

:robbored:

think he means ****......

But from what I can see there is only one **** in this thread and its not you or me.... ;)

Shame the snake emoji is gone...... Once a copper always a copper..... they should be banned from here!!

22 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

So what's it to be?

If only this made sense.

It reads like your notes have been deliberately doctored to fit your case.

13 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

The Police do a fantastic job in this country, picking up societies mess, try doing the job for a week and come back here and tell us all how you coped.

Thankyou Inspector Knacker of the Yard.........the plain brown envelope is in it's regular place. ?

11 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

OK!'enough already...

All you need is to believe in the Cops....of course they are not 100% all the time they are Human, but the day we turn on the Police is the day we have lost it. Not surprised there is a great deal of anti police feelings on here, I have known that for some time. Just why I am not sure.  

23 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't think there is an anti police feeling on here just a view that they should be held accountable if they exceed their authority

I have worked as a contractor for Avon and Somerset police and was amazed at just how much a closed shop it is, fathers and sons brother or some other family member.

In my opinion this creates a very small "gene pool" and as a result swiftly close rank to protect one of their own.

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If only this made sense.

It reads like your notes have been deliberately doctored to fit your case.

I don't 'have 'notes' I am not a cop, but then again that wouldn't suit your agenda. So why don't you argue back the points I make rather than make stupid comments 

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

I don't 'have 'notes' I am not a cop, but then again that wouldn't suit your agenda. So why don't you argue back the points I make rather than make stupid comments 

Ok, I will try.

Please explain what you mean by "people like you"?

Isn't that a stupid comment?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Ok, I will try.

Please explain what you mean by "people like you"?

Isn't that a stupid comment?

I was alluding to the post regarding Police bravery, and other issues, why don't you argue those points? 

But 'people like you' by that I mean society as whole. Don't you consider you as being a member of society, that need policing, or even have the rights to actually do something by being in Law enforcement? 

Are we really so stupid on here to just name call, troll, Knacker of the Yard, and all the other bilge that gets trotted out without someone actually trying to make a argument against what I have said that makes any sense at all?

Anyway off to work, it will give you a few hours to think while I am away...ask an adult if you must x  

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I was alluding to the post regarding Police bravery, and other issues, why don't you argue those points? 

But 'people like you' by that I mean society as whole. Don't you consider you as being a member of society, that need policing, or even have the rights to actually do something by being in Law enforcement? 

Are we really so stupid on here to just name call, troll, Knacker of the Yard, and all the other bilge that gets trotted out without someone actually trying to make a argument against what I have said that makes any sense at all?

Anyway off to work, it will give you a few hours to think while I am away...ask an adult if you must x  

I'm more than happy to support innocent people rather than 'people like you'

12 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

OK!'enough already...

All you need is to believe in the Cops....of course they are not 100% all the time they are Human, but the day we turn on the Police is the day we have lost it. Not surprised there is a great deal of anti police feelings on here, I have known that for some time. Just why I am not sure.  

People like you would lead us into a police state / military dictatorship with such a dopey attitude. This is a straight forward case of abuse of power by the WMP.  Why is there anti police feeling?  Well because those of us with our eyes open have seen police take the opportunity with football fans to get away with a few things.  My brother was punched at Leicester for no good reason for example. I work with the police in my job so I have an understanding of the challenges they face.  However, you can't turn a blind eye to nonsense like this.  I think those taking this action should be supported and applauded as they are carrying out a civic duty.

Archived