IGNORED

Plastic

NickJ

Takes 5 milk plastic things for my over priced £2.50 cup of coffee.

That's a lot of landfill and not too good for the environment - and I'm not even a tree hugger.

Any chance Bristol Sport could catch up with the rest of the planet and put big jugs of milk out.

Think that's a question for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

maybe.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Bring back natch in glass flagans, that would improve the world

Yes it would but I drink coffee in the ground and save my "drinking" for North Street after the game, or anywhere I can get a proper beer in a proper pub, really.

In the meantime a reduction to the stupid amount of those silly little plastic sachets of milk could be Bristol Sport's contribution to the planet.

5 hours ago, NickJ said:

That's a lot of landfill and not too good for the environment - and I'm not even a tree hugger.

Any chance Bristol Sport could catch up with the rest of the planet and put big jugs of milk out.

maybe.

Cheers

I’ll pass your feedback onto the Ashton Gat catering team. Nick

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

maybe.

Cheers

Hi Nick. It's interesting how we are all noticing this stuff now, I don't think this would be a question that would have appeared even a year ago. I have been pointing out to all the hotels I visit (too many) about their plastic waste around the in room toiletries etc, at the risk of sounding like a Radio 4 presenter, it really is a societal problem.

I don't know what the alternatives would be that would be practical for the club as I think they are at the mercy of the catering suppliers and the options they present. Maybe the milk dispensing machines? But the maintenance involved in keeping those stations clean and healthy would be huge. Until they are given alternatives to purchase conveniently packaged items that are are also environmentally friendly, then I think they are stuck.
I h

15 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Overall, skimmed milk contains about 0.5% fat, semi-skimmed milk 1.5% fat and full fat milk contains about 3.5% fat. 

So by the time Tomarse adds his full fat milk to his tea he won’t need to worry about his arteries getting furred up then!

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Hi Nick. It's interesting how we are all noticing this stuff now, I don't think this would be a question that would have appeared even a year ago. I have been pointing out to all the hotels I visit (too many) about their plastic waste around the in room toiletries etc, at the risk of sounding like a Radio 4 presenter, it really is a societal problem.

I don't know what the alternatives would be that would be practical for the club as I think they are at the mercy of the catering suppliers and the options they present. Maybe the milk dispensing machines? But the maintenance involved in keeping those stations clean and healthy would be huge. Until they are given alternatives to purchase conveniently packaged items that are are also environmentally friendly, then I think they are stuck.
I h

Last season they used jugs in the dolman at some point. So it’s not that they can’t do it. 

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I’ll pass your feedback onto the Ashton Gat catering team. Nick

Thanks Matt but I doubt you’ll get a proactive reply from them. 

It’ll probably be about the tied contract the club have with their suppliers.......can’t do anything about it.........blah, blah....

1 hour ago, swanker said:

So by the time Tomarse adds his full fat milk to his tea he won’t need to worry about his arteries getting furred up then!

I prefer it black to full fat!

8 hours ago, miser said:

What's the point of coffee if it tastes of milk? Ditto tea. Weird English obsession. 

I can help with this. With food and drink, sometimes people combine ingredients to make a different taste if they prefer it to the base ingredient. For example, bread on its own is quite bland.. add some additional ingredients and it can be quite tasty.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I h

It is, but ultimately getting worked up about something like is such a tiny tiny part of the problem is it even worth moaning about?

Until Asia, and the other major contributors to plastic pollution, clean up their act (pun intended) then there will always be a problem.

We can all do our bit, I get that but sometimes too much emphasis is put on really minute matters - all in my opinion of course.

Archived