IGNORED

Paterson

Red Army 75

21 minutes ago, Dylan said:

He was our best player in the second half against hull imo.

I thought he played ok today, again better second half. 

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt against him for me. I am a fan of his though and know that he can be brilliant at times and that he's not been at his best for a while.

Nothing to do with a witch-hunt. He’s been poor. Offered nothing. Explain what he’s done well 

18 minutes ago, Dylan said:

He was our best player in the second half against hull imo.

I thought he played ok today, again better second half. 

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt against him for me. I am a fan of his though and know that he can be brilliant at times and that he's not been at his best for a while.

I think most know how good he can be and at times we have seen it - about a year ago he was our best player in a long running purple patch for him personally BUT you are only as good as your last game and he has not been very good in many last games in a row now and I think you are confusing a witch hunt with utter frustration at his continued poor performance.

His manager could help by taking him out the firing line and using him more sparingly as a sub until we start to see glimpses of the player we once knew.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of his - I am too - but you have to also be subjective at times and accept that no rouge tint to your glasses can justify his inclusion presently.

Poor kid is the target of our "someone need to be a scapegoat fans".

His best form for the club was in a free role behind Bobby Reed in the first half of last season. He could interchange with BR and the midfield and, the opposition defense could not mark him, as he was neither a striker or midfielder, he was very effective in that role. Come Christmas, an illness and Famara's return to the starting eleven, he was relocated to the left wing, with Ryan Kent brought in to occupy the right wing. The attention on our attack was moved to supplying Famara, with BR and Patterson being less effective in that second half of the season, along with the team as a result. This year, Weimann was very effective and scoring regularly when playing in BR's position of last season then, after a six game ban, Famara is reintroduced into the team and Weimann stops scoring.

Against SWFC our first half play was much better and our midfield had someone they could link up attack and defense in Patterson, sadly we never capitalised on it. Second half he was shifted to the wing and at Brentford he was predominantly played as a winger and ultimately less effective. Today we never managed to get any ball through the middle because of a superior opposition midfield, so it must be Pattersons fault. 

If you want someone to blame for him not being played in the position best suited to his attributes, find someone else. If it's not Patterson it's Pack and, if not him it's Hunt. Try giving a bit of support instead of finding an easy outlet for your frustrations.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nothing to do with a witch-hunt. He’s been poor. Offered nothing. Explain what he’s done well 

He's skinned plenty of defenders nutmeg on Wednesday night , looks to make things happen.

Against Wigan early in the match I think went round a player and hit a superb pass only for Famara to fluff it. 

Thats just off the top of my head, I agree he's not been at his best but I think sometimes he gets far to much stick , I think he's still more influential than COD at the moment .

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

I think most know how good he can be and at times we have seen it - about a year ago he was our best player in a long running purple patch for him personally BUT you are only as good as your last game and he has not been very good in many last games in a row now and I think you are confusing a witch hunt with utter frustration at his continued poor performance.

His manager could help by taking him out the firing line and using him more sparingly as a sub until we start to see glimpses of the player we once knew.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of his - I am too - but you have to also be subjective at times and accept that no rouge tint to your glasses can justify his inclusion presently.

I am out of likes but agree with . You're spot on mate put it better than I could have myself

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I'd much rather see Watkins on the right Eliasson on the left than Paterson playing anywhere. Taylor can do a better job playing off Fam too. Get Adelakun fit and in the team as he can't be any worse than Paterson.

Also, mental how much O'dowda has seemingly regressed in the last year.

Great- that shape definitely has a good chance...of conceding the midfield.

Is he a forward, a midfield player or a winger? IMO he is not Championship standard in any of these positions. He runs around a bit, but so could the younger members of the forum. As @RidgeRed said “...... Pato is in the team for what he MIGHT do”.Thats not a good enough reason to pick somebody unless they are exceptional, which he isn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Dylan said:

He's skinned plenty of defenders nutmeg on Wednesday night , looks to make things happen.

Against Wigan early in the match I think went round a player and hit a superb pass only for Famara to fluff it. 

Thats just off the top of my head, I agree he's not been at his best but I think sometimes he gets far to much stick , I think he's still more influential than COD at the moment .

Didnt see today but he was awful Weds and has been for a long time. Needs a move.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Are we paying him or is he paying us?

This from someone who watches every game and knows his shit..

He's very good at getting on the ball.  Trouble is not much really happens when he does.  Complete contrast to Eliasson who is poor at making himself available but when he gets the ball, something happens..

31 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Been poor for a long time,be good to see what adelukan is like.

Callum o,dowda is another one that frustrates.he plays better for Ireland than city!

Ask yourself why that is?  Martin O’Neill and Keane trust him and COD recently said he feels confident playing under their management.  

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Thought the problem first half was he was playing just off of Diedhiou, often with his back to goal. We lacked the ability with Pack and Brownhill to link up with him in that position. Their full backs got very tight on our wingers and we needed Pato to come deep, but clearly Johnson didn't want him to. They had the extra body in midfield which made it so hard to get the ball and then keep the ball against the class of Woods and Allen. Walsh made all the difference second half. Paterson was then better as he got on the ball a lot more. If Paterson is not getting the ball, then no point in playing him. 

Probably in the minority but I thought he had a decent game today, had a bit of spark (following a better second half on Wed), got on the ball, little give and go’s, especially linking well with Dasilva.  Also Walsh getting passes into him quicker helped him too.

He even worked hard off the ball too.

If he played like that regularly, I’d have no problems seeing him start a fair number of games.

I’m sorry but I cannot recall a bigger pussie in a BCFC shirt.

I would give him a 1 for his first half performance, because I am assuming that he put his boots on the correct feet.

And a 2 for his 2nd half performance, it might have been a higher 2nd half rating had he actually had a proper go at the header that was pretty much set up on a plate for him but as usual he made a half hearted attempt.

I will be amazed if Stoke are in the shake up at the end of the season, they were pretty poor.

But today LJ got most things wrong, he was correct to replace Kelly with Da Silva, I thought Lloyd was very sloppy but sadly Da Silva was little better. But keeping Paterson on defied logic, Taylor is better and braver.

@JonDolman

Paterson behind Diedhiou? It's not a natural fit IMO. Diedhiou lacks the technical ability of Reid, the pressing style, the ability to drop off- to dovetail IMO.

If anything, Taylor behind Diedhiou due to his mix of intense work rate, movement, nuisance factor and yeah technical ability a better fit.

Paterson behind Weimann though- and you'd need better form and confidence from both to try that- would be interesting I think, like Paterson and Reid maybe.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I’m sorry but I cannot recall a bigger pussie in a BCFC shirt.

I would give him a 1 for his first half performance, because I am assuming that he put his boots on the correct feet.

And a 2 for his 2nd half performance, it might have been a higher 2nd half rating had he actually had a proper go at the header that was pretty much set up on a plate for him but as usual he made a half hearted attempt.

I will be amazed if Stoke are in the shake up at the end of the season, they were pretty poor.

But today LJ got most things wrong, he was correct to replace Kelly with Da Silva, I thought Lloyd was very sloppy but sadly Da Silva was little better. But keeping Paterson on defied logic, Taylor is better and braver.

LJ was a complete clit, but Callum as you say is a pussy, a wet one at that.

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably in the minority but I thought he had a decent game today, had a bit of spark (following a better second half on Wed), got on the ball, little give and go’s, especially linking well with Dasilva.  Also Walsh getting passes into him quicker helped him too.

He even worked hard off the ball too.

If he played like that regularly, I’d have no problems seeing him start a fair number of games.

You could see at times he was trying, but as others have said he bottled a couple of challenges and his heart was not 100% in this game. Got shrugged off the ball too easily at times and imo needs to put on some athletic strength...muscle!

4 hours ago, Dredd said:

The midfield three in the second half was. 

I thought we looked good and nice and balanced with the 3, then LJ takes Brownhill off when sure Paterson should have given way for Taylor.

17 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

but as others have said he bottled a couple of challenges and his heart was not 100% in this game

Watch him when he pretends to challenge for a header, has a back of looking like he going for it without actually trying to get near the ball.

Let's all rip the shit out of a guy who is trying his best, didn't play at all that badly today, tries his best to make things happen, and was nowhere near the worst on the pitch today.

Great idea, guys. Not naming names, no sod it Esmond's milion whatever you're out of order

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Agreed. But will they. Johnson rewarded Paterson's abysmal performances in the second half of last season with a new 3 year deal. How he could that only he knows.

Must be Fa-king amazing in training

Last season, Paterson got 8 assists. He had 5 by the end of September ‘17!

So in just over a year, he’s got 3 assists. The decline in form from his great form at the start of last season is staggering. 

I’d have him nowhere near the starting line up at the moment. 

Until Adelakun is fully fit, I’d probably get Brownhill back out on the right, Eliasson on the left  and Walsh in the middle. 

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

He's very good at getting on the ball.  Trouble is not much really happens when he does.

I appreciate your confidence in my "experience" but your summary is very accurate and I don't need to add much.

I like Pato, he seems like a decent down to earth footballer, the person we all hope we would be if we got the chance.

At times last season when left well alone he was unplayable - the skillful player you can't tackle who runs all over you.

But it doesn't excuse the fact he seems to be lightweight now and drifts away from the action or can't keep up with it.

He looks like I think I would out there - fragile and somewhat off the pace. Great if he gets space, terrified if he doesn't.

No shame on Pato who is clearly a willing player, but what is it LJ sees that lets him out last every other poor performance.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's all rip the shit out of a guy who is trying his best, didn't play at all that badly today, tries his best to make things happen, and was nowhere near the worst on the pitch today.

Great idea, guys. Not naming names, no sod it Esmond's milion whatever you're out of order

Did he play today? 

I do not believe he did. He might have been on the pitch for the whole match but what did he actually contribute?

Zilch!

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Did he play today? 

I do not believe he did. He might have been on the pitch for the whole match but what did he actually contribute?

Zilch!

Love to know your answers as to how we could improve..  shall I ring up Steve Lansdown and offer your services?

Pato wasn't amazing but he did not offer "zilch"  if you think that, you've lost lost your argument already for talking utter crap.

16 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's all rip the shit out of a guy who is trying his best

You appear to have missed the point. If that's his best (and I think in that you're correct) he's utter, utter **** and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the starting XI. With his name on the sheet we start a man down. Yesterday was one of his better performances, though again  being comparative it was still sub-standard, non-league fare. His attitude stinks, he doesn't want the ball, hides in plain sight and contributes next to nothing. 

21 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Think of Paterson's very best moments for us - the goal at Bolton, the goal at home to Reading last season, the goal at Sheffield Utd last season, and the passes and nutmegs etc from before 2018 began - this is what LJ "sees," what he continues to cling to, hoping that by sticking by him in this fallow period/year, he can restore the player's confidence and belief in himself, so that he produces the form of last autumn/early winter again....

This was against Hull City last week....(I agree Pato is very out of form at the moment, but his confidence looks ok in this vid)

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This was against Hull City last week....(I agree Pato is very out of form at the moment, but his confidence looks ok in this vid)

Love the way this is doing the rounds. One, brief clip from the past God knows how many months? In the longer version I think he checks against the next opponent and knocks it back to Fammy taking us precisely back from where he started. Taylor starts in preference to him yesterday and it's a whole different ballgame.

Archived