IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly (Merged)

Red Army 75

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If memory is correct, he made his England under 19 debut in October last year in a match played in a town near Milano named Gorgonzola. I was in Bologna on holiday but didn't know about it until a few hours before ko, otherwise I'd have tried to go.

Met him at WSM at a City u23 game, not playing, and congratulated him on his England appearances. He smiled and we exchanged a few words. Very pleasant young man and a credit to himself, his family and the club. Clearly has a good career ahead.

Think it was a commentator on Sky when we played Wigan saying that in LK’s previous England U20’s outing when every other player had left the stadium he stayed behind and was clearing up the changing rooms, tells you what sort of person he is.

A bloody good cleaner!

Seriously though it’s nice to hear little things like that especially when it’s one of your own. Well done Lloyd, fully deserved.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Think it was a commentator on Sky when we played Wigan saying that in LK’s previous England U20’s outing when every other player had left the stadium he stayed behind and was clearing up the changing rooms, tells you what sort of person he is.

A bloody good cleaner!

Seriously though it’s nice to hear little things like that especially when it’s one of your own. Well done Lloyd, fully deserved.

Perhaps LJ could use him as a sweeper ? 

50 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

A bloody good cleaner!

I like hearing stories like that

Speaks massively for him and doesn’t surprise me - remember hearing GT speak to him when he won an academy award and couldn’t believe how grounded , sensible , polite , and mature he was - sounded a really really nice lad 

Dont think he had the easiest childhood and he appears an absolute credit to himself

Like Tammy Abraham makes me want them to fulfill all their dreams

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I like hearing stories like that

Speaks massively for him and doesn’t surprise me - remember hearing GT speak to him when he won an academy award and couldn’t believe how grounded , sensible , polite , and mature he was - sounded a really really nice lad 

Dont think he had the easiest childhood and he appears an absolute credit to himself

Like Tammy Abraham makes me want them to fulfill all their dreams

Totally agree Bob, when you hear and see how so many of these young lads who come through academies think they have made it at 16 it's heart warming to read stuff like this.

I hope young Lloyd goes on to have a fabulous career.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Well done LK. Lets hope he starts at Leeds.

Think it will depend how many minutes both Kelly/Dasilva play for 21's game on Tuesday, if Dasilva gets a lot of game time again think Kelly may well then start because of little rest for Dasilva.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went in January if a sizeable bid came in. Considering he's only 20 and already developing into a very good championship left back he has alot of potential.

LJ has pretty much said we will need to do some trading in Jan, so one or most likely, two outs to generate some £££ then hopefully upgrade our attack.

If he doesn't go in Jan then I'm almost certain he will over next summer.

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Liverpool if they want himwill likely buy andnlet him stay until the end of the season. It’s going to be serious cash. 

What amazes me are some of the utter tossers on here that ‘don’t see’ what a great player he is!

He's fast and that's about it ?

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Liverpool if they want himwill likely buy andnlet him stay until the end of the season. It’s going to be serious cash. 

What amazes me are some of the utter tossers on here that ‘don’t see’ what a great player he is!

People with a different opinion to you = “utter tossers”....seems fair...

People may be disappointed if they think we could milk Liverpool on a transfer fee, Robertson -  £8m, Salah £37m, Shaqiri £13m. Their transfers for big fees are all established talent in top divisions. I don't think we'd be getting more than £10m - £15m offers for him with a varying range of sell on fee. Whether that would be enough to interest us is hard to say but can imagine there would be a level of resentment should we block him moving to Liverpool. As said above we'd probably get him on loan till the end of the season but adding a clause of first dibs should he get loaned back to the championship would serve us well too ala Tammy getting loaned to Villa. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I see him going in the summer having played the 2nd half of our season at CB, as Kalas went to Celtic.

Wonder if we see Bailey playing RB or CB when fully fit, given Hunt's been alright but not excelled perhaps we may put Wright back at RB to try and have a solid back line which could mean Lloyd playing CB, if Bailey comes back at CB (with Kalas going) then Webster can go LCB and Lloyd stay at LB.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

People may be disappointed if they think we could milk Liverpool on a transfer fee, Robertson -  £8m, Salah £37m, Shaqiri £13m. Their transfers for big fees are all established talent in top divisions. I don't think we'd be getting more than £10m - £15m offers for him with a varying range of sell on fee. Whether that would be enough to interest us is hard to say but can imagine there would be a level of resentment should we block him moving to Liverpool. As said above we'd probably get him on loan till the end of the season but adding a clause of first dibs should he get loaned back to the championship would serve us well too ala Tammy getting loaned to Villa. 

Not that I think there is any weight in this rumour but I think if he continues his good form for us and England we would see high bids. Especially if he has a couple of years on his contract.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not that I think there is any weight in this rumour but I think if he continues his good form for us and England we would see high bids. Especially if he has a couple of years on his contract.

Maybe from other clubs but Liverpool have the finances that they could wait and see if he became a top talent at a different premier league club and then buy him rather than pay a big fee originally. Think they'd be interested now if they could get him on the cheaper side.

Archived