IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly (Merged)

Red Army 75

56 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

As if we’d sell for less, you’re off your rocker if you think we would. He’s worth more than any player we’ve ever had given his age and the market nowadays.

The only issue will be if his latest contract has a minimum release clause. 

Otherwise, he’s got got to have a value totalling 10-20 million including add ons. 

It ridiculous, yes, but it’s how the market is and if it’s a club like Liverpool who are buying, then that’s good for us. 

3 minutes ago, Cider red said:

I'd take 15m in jan plus 5 mil for 25 apps; and a good deal for a couple of their youngsters on loan over the next couple of years.  How's solanke these days?

Attracting interest from lower prem clubs for a loan move. Perhaps first dibs on Herbie when they think he's ready to go on loan to the championship?

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The only issue will be if his latest contract has a minimum release clause. 

Otherwise, he’s got got to have a value totalling 10-20 million including add ons. 

It ridiculous, yes, but it’s how the market is and if it’s a club like Liverpool who are buying, then that’s good for us

See in the sense of driving the price up I don't think its good for us that its Liverpool who are interested, their scouting network is so vast and their draw so big that I think they could easily get someone else for less money, compare that to a lower prem club and they're likely a bit more desperate for their target.

5 minutes ago, Cider red said:

I'd take 15m in jan plus 5 mil for 25 apps; and a good deal for a couple of their youngsters on loan over the next couple of years.  How's solanke these days?

I no longer worry about us getting proper amounts for anyone we sell. On the whole, we are generally quite good at that now. 

Players will move, that’s the nature of the game. We just have to get the most that we can for them and go again. 

Frustrating, but that’s football nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I no longer worry about us getting proper amounts for anyone we sell. On the whole, we are generally quite good at that now. 

Players will move, that’s the nature of the game. We just have to get the most that we can for them and go again. 

Frustrating, but that’s football nowadays. 

Perhaps something we can credit the much maligned Ashton with , no ? 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

See in the sense of driving the price up I don't think its good for us that its Liverpool who are interested, their scouting network is so vast and their draw so big that I think they could easily get someone else for less money, compare that to a lower prem club and they're likely a bit more desperate for their target.

True. But if they want an England under 21 international, who’s playing regular first team football, then they aren’t going to come cheap, if under contract. 

Don't forget that £10/15/20million isn’t that big a deal to clubs like Liverpool. Even for back up players. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

True. But if they want an England under 21 international, who’s playing regular first team football, then they aren’t going to come cheap, if under contract. 

Don't forget that £10/15/20million isn’t that big a deal to clubs like Liverpool. Even for back up players. 

Whole point I've been saying all along is I can see it being a stalemate and Lloyd not going anywhere. Factor in £20m is not far off what they paid for Shaqiri, Robertson and Gomez combined.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

How about £8m and Keep the Kent.

Kent has been outstanding for Rangers, lads got plenty of talent but needs to be used right, LJ didn't use him right at all.

That aside, if we lose LK about the only player of value we'll have left is Brownhill. I'm genuinely worried that this may be the start of our downwards turn unless some great business is done in Jan, that I don't have a lot of faith in happening.

2 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:
Bristol City defender to join Liverpool?
© Reuters

Liverpool are set for talks with Bristol City over a permanent transfer for defender Lloyd Kelly, according to a report.

The 20-year-old emerged from the club's academy at the start of last season and has started 16 of the Robins' 20 Championship matches this term.

Kelly's form earned him a first England Under-21s call-up earlier in the season, and ClubCall suggests that his performances have also caught the eye of Liverpool talent spotters.

Bristol City handed the full-back a new three-year deal in the summer, but the report claims that they now face a battle keeping him at Ashton Gate, as the Reds were one of several clubs to send scouts to watch the youngster up close against Leeds United last month.

A move could be on the cards as early as January, with Jurgen Klopp said to be seeking a replacement for Alberto Moreno, who currently provides cover for Andrew Robertson

Written by Daniel Lewis for SportMole

Anyone interested in being a reporter for this site ? 

Job: Part-time Reporters (speculative)

Sports Mole welcomes speculative applications for part-time writers who can produce sports news on a variety of areas across the site.

The Position: While we are not currently seeking new writers for specific shifts, we always welcome speculative applications in the event that work should become available. Part-time general sports news reporters are home-based and paid at a rate of £7 per hour. Availability at weekends is essential.

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps something we can credit the much maligned Ashton with , no ? 

I think he just happened to be in the club when certain players have been sold, reid having a dream season and the club cashing in on bryan, flint, and lloyd kelly would have gotten big money in no matter who arranged the sell, especially if SL has decreed they are to be sold and that they wont be cheap.

if he arranges the sell of the likes of paterson or bailey wright for multi millions then i will start believing the hype.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Kent has been outstanding for Rangers, lads got plenty of talent but needs to be used right, LJ didn't use him right at all.

That aside, if we lose LK about the only player of value we'll have left is Brownhill. I'm genuinely worried that this may be the start of our downwards turn unless some great business is done in Jan, that I don't have a lot of faith in happening.

Sorry, he was given plenty of chances here. More than he should have and definitely not a stick to beat LJ with .

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

From everything I've seen, what strikes me the most with LK, is how relaxed he always seems.  Nothing seems to faze him, not sure if this is always a good thing.

Totally agree with that post, unbelievable considering how young he is. I beleive sport is as much mental as physical,  in that you need both to succeed. He's got both qualities and seems to be talented too. Personally I think he will go all the way.

He'll be a millionaire in January if the move goes through .

8 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Totally agree with that post, unbelievable considering how young he is. I beleive sport is as much mental as physical,  in that you need both to succeed. He's got both qualities and seems to be talented too. Personally I think he will go all the way.

He'll be a millionaire in January if the move goes through .

It is quite possible that there will be interest in Kelly but the article from Sports Mole cites ' a report ' as it's source . 

Totally amateur reporting just cobbling together the rubbish put out by our friends the Post .

Any deal is a long way from being done so let's not dig out his curly wig and shell suit just yet . 

' Calm down ' 

IMG_0475.GIF

Archived