IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly (Merged)

Red Army 75

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

People may be disappointed if they think we could milk Liverpool on a transfer fee, Robertson -  £8m, Salah £37m, Shaqiri £13m. Their transfers for big fees are all established talent in top divisions. I don't think we'd be getting more than £10m - £15m offers for him with a varying range of sell on fee. Whether that would be enough to interest us is hard to say but can imagine there would be a level of resentment should we block him moving to Liverpool. As said above we'd probably get him on loan till the end of the season but adding a clause of first dibs should he get loaned back to the championship would serve us well too ala Tammy getting loaned to Villa. 

Let me flip this... Liverpool will be disappointed if they think they can milk us for a young player with over 2 years left on his deal. As we’ve shown in the cases of Reid, Bryan, Flint and Kodjia in recent years we’re no pushovers and will hold out for whatever we want in any circumstances. He’s going nowhere on the cheap.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

Let me flip this... Liverpool will be disappointed if they think they can milk us for a young player with over 2 years left on his deal. As we’ve shown in the cases of Reid, Bryan, Flint and Kodjia in recent years we’re no pushovers and will hold out for whatever we want in any circumstances. He’s going nowhere on the cheap.

Which is why I think this will either result in a stalemate or Lloyd will go to Lee etc saying he wants to join Liverpool while he can and put pressure on.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

You mean like Flint, Kodjia and Bryan all did? It didn’t make us drop their value.

Bryan having 12 months left on his deal dropped his market value already, Flint still think we had agreed a clause for him to leave which probably set a rough fee, Kodjia though we did very well. I think Kelly's situation is different though, 2 1/2 years left on his contract and an extremely bright future ahead of him (Flint/Kodjia were peak rather than greater potential) add that a club like Liverpool doesn't just come along, whereas for the other 3 would it really have mattered if it was another club of similar standing rather than the ones they went to they'd probably have moved anyway.

21 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Fair enough, I don't see it. 

We'll, considering we got 6 million for a left back who couldn't defend and was in the final year of his contract , 5 million plus add ons for a 29 year old centre back who we'd signed for 300k and 10 million for a player who at 25, had only been a first team regular for a season, who knows what we could get for a 20 year old England u21 International... 

I'd certainly argue it'd be more than what we go for those three, I struggle to see how you could feel differently

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We'll, considering we got 6 million for a left back who couldn't defend in the final year of his contract , 5 million plus add ons for a 29 year old centre back who we'd signed for 300k and 10 million for a player who at 25, had only been a first team regular for a season, who knows what we could get for a 20 year old England u21 International... 

I'd certainly argue it'd be more than what we go for those three, I struggle to see how you could feel differently

Because they were proven. Kelly hasn't even completed half a season in the champ yet. 

Kelly won't be the most expensive championship young LB ever bought. Take the rose glasses off. 

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Because they were proven. Kelly hasn't even completed half a season in the champ yet. 

Kelly won't be the most expensive championship young LB ever bought. Take the rose glasses off. 

Were they proven? 

Reid had one full season of championship football under his belt and we got 10 million for him, hardly proven. 

Kodjia had one season of English football under his belt, we got 11 million rising to 15 for him. 

Kelly has 28 appearances under his belt now, add in multiple games for England at youth level plus he's been training with England's first team. 

Maybe instead of telling me to 'take the rose glasses off' you should try and look at something with a glass half full view for once. We could easily push for 15 million for Kelly in the current market. 

To believe he's only worth 5 million is pretty funny tbh

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Were they proven? 

Reid had one full season of championship football under his belt and we got 10 million for him, hardly proven. 

Kodjia had one season of English football under his belt, we got 11 million rising to 15 for him

Kelly has 28 appearances under his belt now, add in multiple games for England at youth level plus he's been training with England's first team. 

Maybe instead of telling me to 'take the rose glasses off' you should try and look at something with a glass half full view for once. We could easily push for 15 million for Kelly in the current market. 

Both were up there as top scorers for the season though, essentially proven at championship level. Is Kelly even in the top 5 left backs of the division?

Were they proven? 

Kodjia had one season of English football under his belt, we got 11 million rising to 15 for him. 

Gomez was bought for 3.5mil. So maybe it's you who needs to look around more. 

If Liverpool bid 5mil he'll be gone. A move to the prem would be his dream right now and I'm sure he'd want to go

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Both were up there as top scorers for the season though, essentially proven at championship level. Is Kelly even in the top 5 left backs of the division?

I'd say he is definitely. 

Reid was hardly proven at championship level, never mind premier league level, so to get 10 million for him was impressive. And I'd argue that you need a couple of seasons at the top of the championship, like kodjia has gone on to do, in order to make yourself proven

Reid was hardly proven at championship level, never mind premier league level, so to get 10 million for him was impressive. And I'd argue that you need a couple of seasons at the top of the championship, like kodjia has gone on to do, in order to make yourself proven

19 goals in a season "hardly proven"

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Gomez was bought for 3.5mil. So maybe it's you who needs to look around more. 

If Liverpool bid 5mil he'll be gone. A move to the prem would be his dream right now and I'm sure he'd want to go

Gomez moved in 2015, the market has got slightly out of hand since then, as we showed last summer. 

5 million for a 20 year old England u20 International won't happen. I know you have a vendetta against Johnson and ashton but they do know how to get good money for a player

Just now, Sturny said:

19 goals in a season "hardly proven"

One season, exactly. 

Read what I said after... 

Strikers are different, any striker who scorers approximately 20 league goals will go for big money. According to transfermarket Lloyd has played 32 games for us so your points on Reid/Kelly contradict each other, Reid wasn't proven after a full season as a striker scoring 19 league goals, but Kelly is proven enough after 30 odd games spread over 2 seasons?

38 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You should be moved away from the keyboard

To be fair. There isn’t much competition for any central midfield spot. 

Personally, I’d play him up front though with Baker and Wright the central midfield pairing.

Get past that you lightweights. 

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Given that was 4 years ago. We should be looking for at least double that. Amazing him and Robertson cost them 11.5m combined.

Gomez was more promising than Kelly currently is. He won awards for England youth. Something Kelly is yet to do. 

Archived