IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly (Merged)

Red Army 75

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Gomez moved in 2015, the market has got slightly out of hand since then, as we showed last summer. 

5 million for a 20 year old England u20 International won't happen. I know you have a vendetta against Johnson and ashton but they do know how to get good money for a player

One season, exactly. 

Read what I said after... 

If you want people to read the rest of what you said, I suggest not stating with “Reid was hardly proven in the championship” 

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

If you want people to read the rest of what you said, I suggest not stating with “Reid was hardly proven in the championship” 

I normally read someone's whole post before commenting on it, different style I guess. 

And we must have differing opinions on proven. I wouldn't say one full championship season at the age of 25 makes someone a proven premiership striker. Each to their own I suppose 

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

Strikers are different, any striker who scorers approximately 20 league goals will go for big money. According to transfermarket Lloyd has played 32 games for us so your points on Reid/Kelly contradict each other, Reid wasn't proven after a full season as a striker scoring 19 league goals, but Kelly is proven enough after 30 odd games spread over 2 seasons?

I never said Kelly is proven, he isn't. 

The difference between him and Reid is that although Reid wasn't proven much like Kelly now, Kelly has 5 years on Reid so his price will go up because of that 

Just now, JBFC II said:

I never said Kelly is proven, he isn't. 

The difference between him and Reid is that although Reid wasn't proven much like Kelly now, Kelly has 5 years on Reid so his price will go up because of that 

But strikers are always valued more than defenders. John stones was bought by Everton for around £3.5m apparently. I don't think we'd get more than £8m-£10m upfront. Some form of sell on clause and then potentially Lloyd being loaned back for 6 or 18 months. 

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Liverpool if they want himwill likely buy andnlet him stay until the end of the season. It’s going to be serious cash. 

What amazes me are some of the utter tossers on here that ‘don’t see’ what a great player he is!

He’s not a great player....yet!

He’s a player playing decently with huge potential.  He’s had some good games of late, but he’s had a couple of poor ones too.  Overall he’s been one of our better players this season.

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

It’s ok having an opinion. But if you really can’t see it you (unclear what you see) are an utter tosser. 

He has “great” potential and for his age in a tough league has come in and do well.

3 hours ago, Sturny said:

Because they were proven. Kelly hasn't even completed half a season in the champ yet. 

Kelly won't be the most expensive championship young LB ever bought. Take the rose glasses off. 

I can’t recall many LB’s who have left yet the championship for big money?

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Both were up there as top scorers for the season though, essentially proven at championship level. Is Kelly even in the top 5 left backs of the division?

He is one of the top English under 21s playing in the country. That’s a given as he plays regularly for England What he is ‘now’ is not 100% relevant. A club like Liverpool are buying potential while minimizing the risk.

He is also one of a very few that we have that have value over 2.5m right now based upon the garbage we watch every week..

Tthe only others we could move on in Jan for as much or more than we paid are Brownhill Webster and strangely Taylor as he was so cheap...

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think Kelly will go right to the top. We don't need to sell and I think our asking price will be too high for what Liverpool will be prepared to bid. We need to play him centre back and I really don't mind if Kalas goes back to Chelsea in January so Kelly can play in his best position. 

We maybe don't need to sell but if the price was right he would be gone.......

Also, given the way things are, the lad himself may well want out.

Bristol City defender to join Liverpool?
© Reuters

Liverpool are set for talks with Bristol City over a permanent transfer for defender Lloyd Kelly, according to a report.

The 20-year-old emerged from the club's academy at the start of last season and has started 16 of the Robins' 20 Championship matches this term.

Kelly's form earned him a first England Under-21s call-up earlier in the season, and ClubCall suggests that his performances have also caught the eye of Liverpool talent spotters.

Bristol City handed the full-back a new three-year deal in the summer, but the report claims that they now face a battle keeping him at Ashton Gate, as the Reds were one of several clubs to send scouts to watch the youngster up close against Leeds United last month.

A move could be on the cards as early as January, with Jurgen Klopp said to be seeking a replacement for Alberto Moreno, who currently provides cover for Andrew Robertson

Written by Daniel Lewis for SportMole

Archived