IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

22 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

LJ is on Radio Bristol talking absolute rubbish. "we were the best team for most of the game" WHAT!!!!!!!!! "much improved performance" WHAT!!!!!!!!! No mention of only one shot on goal WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!.  LJ please go and go now, as they shout to the Ref "you don't know what you doing"

That interview is very worrying if he genuine believes what he is saying. We had one shot!

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Sorry didnt see this.

Cant give pre match thoughts now :laugh:.

Thought we were both very average till the sending off, neither looked like scoring.

After it then we started to play and deserved the win in the end.

Lord knows what Lee Johnson was smoking before his little media chat.

Thats a man under real pressure.

That’s the bullshit we’ve got to listen to after every game. When your manager says he made a substitution the other week and brought on a player because he has a song , you know you’re in trouble!

49 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Do we ever do well after an international break?

Is anyone really surprised we never do well away at Leeds LJ or no LJ

I swear it’s when we switch to the yellow footballs we suffer. So our form will improve on 1st March.:blink:

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is this seasons form good? No

Is it abysmal? No.

You mentioned picking stats to prove an  argument , I gave you this season and almost a years worth. Current form 3 wins 2 draws from 12 , less than a point a game and we are enjoying one of Johnsons famous "runs" , who knows when it will end. 
While we are at it, 0.9 of a point a game may not be abysmal in your book, but it has to be knocking on the door.

It's not just simple facts of points and positions , it's almost painful to watch and we HAVE to keep a clean sheet to even hope to get a point. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You mentioned picking stats to prove an  argument , I gave you this season and almost a years worth. Current form 3 wins 2 draws from 12 , less than a point a game and we are enjoying one of Johnsons famous "runs" , who knows when it will end. 
While we are at it, 0.9 of a point a game may not be abysmal in your book, but it has to be knocking on the door.

It's not just simple facts of points and positions , it's almost painful to watch and we HAVE to keep a clean sheet to even hope to get a point. 

Yes, I mentioned it because that's what someone else was doing.

I wasn't making a counter argument using any stats, nor was I picking an amount of time to choose from. Do you really think I'd have said to use the last 5 or 6 games if I was trying to make a point about our form?

We aren't on 0.9 points a game this season, as I have said multiple times, using last seasons form is irrelevant because it is form of a side that we lost multiple key players from. And in using what you have you are also deliberately ignoring half of that seasons form as well.

Is your reading comprehension really this bad, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Exactly.

I can't see where goals are coming from at the minute, let alone points.

I’m certainly not calling for anyone’s head, not sure who we would bring in. The type of manager we need we won’t get, that’s not our style. That said I am certainly not happy at the moment.

We might have been the better team today ( highly doubtful), but that doesn’t win you games or put points on the board. We seem to be sailing along on the strength we had won a lot of friends after last seasons cup run, well that’s long gone.

We won’t ever get a better time to play Leeds, and we didn’t take it. We should have attacked and exploited their weaknesses, that’s what we were promised. Yes we were better than against Preston, but that’s not difficult.

We have no leaders on the pitch, too much blandness. Too many players just there treading water. No hunger, desire or passion. Yes they are a young new team, but they haven’t progressed or shown potential yet. Last year they got burnt out, this year they aren’t smouldering. It’s down to the Manager to get the best out of his players, I’m not sure why he can’t at the moment. One shot in a football game is appalling.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Who are we going to finish above?

For me Brentford,Sheff Wed and Preston will all have enough to comfortably climb above us.  Then you have Wigan,good enough home form to see them safe.  We don't fair to well against battling sides like Rotherham and Millwall.

A defeat at  Ipswich on Wednesday and we really are in the shit. Could end up in a battle with the likes of Reading and Hull for the third relegation spot.

Anything can happen I know, but a very twitchy second half of the season beckons if Jono cannot reverse recent trends.

History doesn't bode well.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We aren't on 0.9 points a game this season, as I have said multiple times, using last seasons form is irrelevant because it is form of a side that we lost multiple key players from. And in using what you have you are also deliberately ignoring half of that seasons form as well.

Sorry my using the last 12 games as a point is me being obtuse? Or did your comprehension let you down
I pointed out this season, the last 12 games AND a years worth, to add a decent sample selection.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd have said to use the last 5 or 6 games if I was trying to make a point about our form?

Probably like I said in my post about the last 12 games then. 12 games , 3 wins , 2 draws average 0.9 points per game 

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Sorry my using the last 12 games as a point is me being obtuse? Or did your comprehension let you down
I pointed out this season, the last 12 games AND a years worth, to add a decent sample selection.

Probably like I said in my post about the last 12 games then. 12 games , 3 wins , 2 draws average 0.9 points per game 

My comprehension is perfectly good.

In the segment of my post you responded to before where I said our form wasn't abysmal, it did say "this season"

Not "for the last 12 games of this season"

You then at that point brought up the last 12 games, and then said "really 0.9 points per game isn't abysmal..."

So you deliberately held my words against a different standard to what my comment was actually saying.

That is dishonest and misrepresentative of what I said.

If you're going to do that I won't waste my time on you as there is no point. Have a good evening.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

IMO, Hava, the man has lost it, starting with the players, who don't know what the hell he wants them to do!

Perhaps they do but they are not executing it because they are not the right blend of players. I think what we can all agree on is that there remains no spine in the team and never has been since Elliott left. The most glaring error for any team is not to have a spine from central defence through midfield and into the forward line and any experienced manager would rectify that immediately. That LJ believes Smith can be the fulcrum of that spine is misguided; he is a big loss but he is not the Elliott replacement so sorely lacking. I think the young gaffer has had plenty of time and even with 3 of our best players going he has not, overall, recruited well. I would actually give him a D- vis a vis the cash at his disposal. 

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Sorry didnt see this.

Cant give pre match thoughts now :laugh:.

Thought we were both very average till the sending off, neither looked like scoring.

After it then we started to play and deserved the win in the end.

Lord knows what Lee Johnson was smoking before his little media chat.

Thats a man under real pressure.

We played with our DNA in tact despite half our DNA being destroyed by injury. 

Huffer and Halme on debut and clearly not up to speed with the pass it at all costs ethos, but still getting away with fluffing their lines. The sending off helped, of course, but we score in every game, and there was nothing on that pitch that made me think we wouldn't score today. 

City's No 17 seemed to be way above the general dross. Until we scored it was a horrible match, worse than anything seen this season.

I'm only a Leeds fan on an opposition board, but we were there for the taking today. One we got to half time 0-0 as with every game but one this season I knew we'd score.

If Johnson takes anything out of that he's away with the fairies.

3 hours ago, daored said:

That’s the bullshit we’ve got to listen to after every game. When your manager says he made a substitution the other week and brought on a player because he has a song , you know you’re in trouble!

I used to like the Antiques programme ' Going for a Song ' I 'm hoping that it becomes prophetic .

LJ lovely bloke , lousy coach .

3 hours ago, daored said:

:clapping:still tickles me that does. 

But yes, he sounds like a man who knows he is under pressure.

Seems most managers whenever that happens lose all sense of er  sense. They just ramble on and talk nonsense. 

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

We played with our DNA in tact despite half our DNA being destroyed by injury. 

Huffer and Halme on debut and clearly not up to speed with the pass it at all costs ethos, but still getting away with fluffing their lines. The sending off helped, of course, but we score in every game, and there was nothing on that pitch that made me think we wouldn't score today. 

City's No 17 seemed to be way above the general dross. Until we scored it was a horrible match, worse than anything seen this season.

I'm only a Leeds fan on an opposition board, but we were there for the taking today. One we got to half time 0-0 as with every game but one this season I knew we'd score.

If Johnson takes anything out of that he's away with the fairies.

I agree it was pretty dire till the sending off. 

We were poor for more of the game then we were good, i can understand the anger on this board because sending off or not when your opponents have a young kid in goal, in central defence and a very average right winger at right back, you have to do more then 1 shot on target, thats not good enough from there point of view. 

Always felt we'd score (didnt have a clue how) but as you say, we always do even at our most useless (WBA). 

Thought the BCFC number 9 did well. Halme and Huffer were ok considering, but they wernt put under enough pressure, id be livid if the roles were reversed (and rightly so most seem to be). 

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I agree it was pretty dire till the sending off. 

We were poor for more of the game then we were good, i can understand the anger on this board because sending off or not when your opponents have a young kid in goal, in central defence and a very average right winger at right back, you have to do more then 1 shot on target, thats not good enough from there point of view. 

Always felt we'd score (didnt have a clue how) but as you say, we always do even at our most useless (WBA). 

Thought the BCFC number 9 did well. Halme and Huffer were ok considering, but they wernt put under enough pressure, id be livid if the roles were reversed (and rightly so most seem to be). 

I think that word is over-used. Poor is Heckingbotham, poor is Steve Evans. Poor was Bristol City.

At no stage today could any Leeds fan seriously though we were 'poor'. As I say, wholly over-used word.

Marvellous - not long ago I pointed out that our current form was just a continuation from last season, a total failure in 2018 of a Johnson led team - and I was rewarded with loads of wheelchair emojis.

Today, going by commentary we seemed to have done a lot better in most of the game - except when it came to creating chances! 

Johnson is a total clown, in love with Paterson who gives us f all and has not all year - but hey he’s doing well in training, but is gutless in a competitive environment!

Its not down to the leavers, it’s down to the direction the team is getting, experience is lacking at every level, a head coach that over complicates everything, other coaches that actually do not have the experience to affect the game - in short we are stuffed!

The players know our shortcomings and confidence goes out of the window with every team sheet - Our dressing room has to be a shambles.

This is not the city we love Mr Lansdown, you pay the bills and make the decisions - you gave us David James and took us down, You gave us another Johnson, unfortunately the young one, no pedigree as a player, none as a coach and still wet behind the ears as a leader - small man syndrome and no team spirit!

7 minutes ago, SR1 said:

I think that word is over-used. Poor is Heckingbotham, poor is Steve Evans. Poor was Bristol City.

At no stage today could any Leeds fan seriously though we were 'poor'. As I say, wholly over-used word.

Depends on context imo.

Poor compared to under Hecky, god no.

Poor compared to vs Norwich, Derby etc, then yessss.

3 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Marvellous - not long ago I pointed out that our current form was just a continuation from last season, a total failure in 2018 of a Johnson led team - and I was rewarded with loads of wheelchair emojis.

Today, going by commentary we seemed to have done a lot better in most of the game - except when it came to creating chances! 

Johnson is a total clown, in love with Paterson who gives us f all and has not all year - but hey he’s doing well in training, but is gutless in a competitive environment!

Its not down to the leavers, it’s down to the direction the team is getting, experience is lacking at every level, a head coach that over complicates everything, other coaches that actually do not have the experience to affect the game - in short we are stuffed!

The players know our shortcomings and confidence goes out of the window with every team sheet - Our dressing room has to be a shambles.

This is not the city we love Mr Lansdown, you pay the bills and make the decisions - you gave us David James and took us down, You gave us another Johnson, unfortunately the young one, no pedigree as a player, none as a coach and still wet behind the ears as a leader - small man syndrome and no team spirit!

:clap:but he will do it his way........because he can.

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

And I've been told likewise from the stands from those who clearly have little understanding of the game. We're in deep DooDoo and are a very poor side. Until we accept as much we will not move on.

5 points off the drop zone at the moment even mid table teams at this stage of the season can go down, we are toothless and gutless unfortunately this team is just like its manager 

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The table doesn't lie, and they're top.

when I hear a team described as flying I tend to think of current form, their form in the games leading up to playing us could not be described as that, but yes over a longer period of time they are deservedly where they are.

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gone ‘so far backwards in 18 months it’s abysmal’? Sorry, but what? We were nearly top less than a year ago,  and last season finished in our highest placing in the football league in nearly a decade so that’s reactionary nonsense. 

I don’t disagree about serious questions needing to be answered about recruitment however. 

Okay. A Year. Fair enough 86.

Recruitment is the biggest weapon that threatens LJ s position in my book. Now we have a decent defence, still question marks over the GK position, no midfield to speak of, and seemingly no up front. After spending something around £35m since Cotts left almost three years ago.

Just... How?

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

Get a director on board with some proper football/recruitment knowledge, ala Nick Hammond (Reading up to 2016 so knows a decent player) - restructure the scouting, get an experienced manager ala McCarthy who can liaise with the scouting team in terms of targets (that he actually knows he needs) and see what happens.

Just seen that Mad Mick is getting the RoI job.

My second choice, if we're serious and could tempt him.

Ralph Hasenhüttl please SL.

Archived