IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

In the midst of poor runs many if not most managers call the players in for extra training. LJ  gives them a holiday.

For most of my 55 years following City it has been a pretty cosy club. It is as cosy now as it has ever been.

I remember hearing Joe Jordan saying all players would be in at 8am Sunday morning after a defeat in Lancashire. I can’t remember hearing that much recently.

The club is cosy and quite happy sleepwalking along to relegation.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

In the midst of poor runs many if not most managers call the players in for extra training. LJ  gives them a holiday.

For most of my 55 years following City it has been a pretty cosy club. It is as cosy now as it has ever been.

They should've been running along the beach and up over Brean Down … not sunning in Dubai.. 

Just now, chinapig said:

Completely agree - there was a two week break when the majority of the first team squad could have been working to try and rectify the clear issues we have, yet they get time off.

It does make me wonder how serious the vastly inept coaching team are taking our recent run of results.

Is it that they are under no pressure from above so it's not an issue?

#toocosy

In a nutshell....Leeds were ordinary and did enough to comfortably control the game for long periods, at best I’d say we played in patches but failed to create a serious threat or goal scoring opportunity.

We clearly did not help ourselves by having JB sent off, giving the ball away so often and defending very poorly for both of their goals. 

In the end yet another example of us trying to counter better opponents, rather than having the resources to stamp ourselves on a game.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

When did I say anything about that? When did they test Maenpaa at 11 v 11? 

The obvious point was that we were well on the way to getting what would have been a very good point before it became 11 v 10. Doesn't take a genius to work out that if you're playing a better side than your own, there's only likely to be one outcome when you don't have the same number of players....

With the greatest respect my interpretation of 'we were well in the game' constitutes having an occasional shot against a rookie keeper. However i'm certain we can agree that at present we are a poor side with little character or spark, and we got what we deserved......zilch.

8 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

When Brownhill was send of, only matter of time Leeds should score. First half Leeds looked to be taken. A win vs Ipswich feels like a must, otherwise think LJ not have long time left in City.

Bet we wouldn't have gone and won if it had been the other way round 

Well we were up against it after sending off.......we battled well.......we go again Tuesday after we have been through this game of course.........we are fighters......we are still 6pts clear of the drop zone  (but now 9 away from a play off).......we had some young lads out there........they were tired no cant say that we just had a holiday........ummm I hurt .........fine lines.......a close offside decision......feel sorry for the fans......we believe in ourselves.........where`s that kin laptop ????

Pick one Lee

14 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree poor play by Brownhill who deserved both yellows, whether we would have held out for a 0-0 if he had not get sent off we will never know. Frankly hoping for 0-0s because we don't have a single meaningful attempt on the opposition's goal just isn't good enough for me.

#JohnsonOut

10 minutes after the first goal, the Leeds TV commentators read out the shot stats as Leeds having had 2 on goal, and us having 1.

Quite clearly it was one of those games where neither side was creating a wealth of chances.

The game changed in the red card and Leeds became more dominant, which is exactly as you'd expect when a team has an extra player.

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'm not wishing us to lose the next two games, but surely defeats to Ipswich & Millwall and SL would finally wake up from his LJ dream, wouldn't he?

To me there is now 2 big doors at AG

1. The trapdoor to Lge 1 which is on the horizon but still a bit away

2. The door LJ should be shown if SL knew anything about football, supporters ( and my god BCFC supporters are patient )

But  ..................which will our wealthy owner prefer...............cos I know which one I have patiently, like may fellow supporters prefer

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

You can take our form in 2018 - that's not good reading!

I don't disagree! But I'm talking about today's game.

I'm a realist, and the reality was that at 11 v 10 there wasn't a cat in hell's chance we were going to beat a side who are much better than us. What else is there to say?

Yes man Johnson aint going nowhere.

He will still be manager next season even if we get relegated. SL likes the comfort Johnson gives him. Most on here are now fed up with Johnson, including me! He fails to motivate the team/strategise when he hits bad runs and this is now looking bad. Not sure if the players actually care at the moment?

19 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree poor play by Brownhill who deserved both yellows, whether we would have held out for a 0-0 if he had not get sent off we will never know. Frankly hoping for 0-0s because we don't have a single meaningful attempt on the opposition's goal just isn't good enough for me.

#JohnsonOut

Unfortunate timing:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/brownhill-learning-all-the-time/

The only way LJ will be gone is when the fans start voting wiih their feet, it will be interesting to see if some more results and performances like the last few affect home attendances. I personally am loathe to pay out money for the current standard of football. It really is very poor and uninspriring

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They're top. Form is longer than 3 games - outside OTIB at least ;) 

So Ipswich and Millwall games coming up....both in relegation zone .....nailed on 6pts for us then?

20 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Johnsons out 

Dicks in! 

15 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I have to say, I'm getting bit fed up of losing now.

I agree - though I would say most fans can take a loss or two in isolation if the performance is good and we bounce back the following week with a valiant victory or determined draw. However, these Jekyll and Hyde like performances which lead to runs of losses under LJ's leadership are just getting too much now. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Next few games are becoming very very important, as we are heading into a relegation battle , and when you get into that, then confidence goes, tension rises, and it becomes a dark cloud, and I don't see the character in our squad to deal with that. 

I thought today, both sides were very average until the sending off.  But we still look confused, uncertain and devoid of any clear game plan. 

Exactly my point. There is no Aden Flint characters in this side. We are going one way - down!

Archived