IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

22 minutes ago, forbespm said:

I,m glad we 're away next game but we need to be better in the clutch

LJ was probably never taught about double de-clutching cos all his formats are synchronised water dances and if they don't work he throws a few more wingers on and we prance around like lost fish in a small bowl

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Weird isn't it.

18 months ago was the end of LJs first full season. The one with the record breaking run of losses, and we've apparently moved backwards from there!

Standing still is moving backwards; not that i think we have mind.

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

10 games = 30points but 8pts gained is not ok

This.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's a deliberatly picked time, of which more than half of it isn't relevant to the current season. Just like the 3 games was deliberately picked for Leeds form because that suited you.

Generally the standard range people pick for form is 5 or 6 games.

Alternatively you can look at the whole of the current season.

Or you could just view that dire performance today and draw your own conclusion.  Form over a calendar year, which is as poor as ours is looking likely to end up, is, I would say, a very good indicator of where we are heading.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is your definition of form literally just deliberately picked dates to suit what you want to say?

Mate, I enjoy your well informed posts and respect the effort and research you put into them. But the simple fact is good coaches do not allow such massive swings in form.

It speaks to someone who is actually not in control of the situation. 

If Steve Lansdown wants to stick with Lee Johnson because he believes things will change, then fair enough. However Lee Johnson is struggling and unless he learns to coach a consistent team and starts to develop then he is just a student who is learning at the clubs expense.

Lets hope we’re not playing rovers next year and looking back on 15 years of meh

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Weird isn't it.

18 months ago was the end of LJs first full season. The one with the record breaking run of losses, and we've apparently moved backwards from there!

I’m no LJ lover by any stretch, and have called for his head in the past, but if people are going to make sweeping generalisations then at least make them factual! 

Do I think we should sack the manager because we’re 14th? No. 

Do I think that if we want to be a top six team, consistently, we need a change in manager? Yes. 

Trouble is I don’t know what SL genuinely wants. He said he wants improvement on last season, but didn’t back that up in the summer. 

We’re a mid table squad at best and unsurprisingly we’re in mid table. 

No panic lads.

Some of us realised we were in a relegation fight 6 or so weeks ago. Pretty sure LJs computer/team of analysts would have told him that was the case around the same time. We’ve just be coasting for a few matches waiting for the big one versus Ipswich. 

Absolutely massive game for him. If he loses that computer says ‘sack’. If he doesn’t win against either Ipswich or Millwall he’ll be gone.

SL ain’t stupid 1) he can see actual attendances plummeting and that 2) dropping back to League 1 isn’t an option and 3) he’ll see through the LJ/MA froth and call out that recruitment, tactics and selection is a shambles with performances to match. 

Sure LJ is hurting more than me over the loss now. Want us to win but, frankly, if we lose that hastens key departures.

LJ is on Radio Bristol talking absolute rubbish. "we were the best team for most of the game" WHAT!!!!!!!!! "much improved performance" WHAT!!!!!!!!! No mention of only one shot on goal WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!.  LJ please go and go now, as they shout to the Ref "you don't know what you doing"

Just now, 054123 said:

Mate, I enjoy your well informed posts and respect the effort and research you put into them. But the simple fact is good coaches do not allow such massive swings in form.

It speaks to someone who is actually not in control of the situation. 

Perhaps, there are certainly issues that need to be addressed.

If Steve Lansdown wants to stick with Lee Johnson because he believes things will change, then fair enough. However Lee Johnson is struggling and unless he learns to coach a consistent team and starts to develop then he is just a student who is learning at the clubs expense.

Note that I haven't actually been arguing in defense of LJ tonight. I am fighting against the bullshit and hyperbolic exaggerations that get spread on here, which if unchallenged become accepted as fact.

Lets hope we’re not playing rovers next year and looking back on 15 years of meh

I'd confidently bet that we won't be, and not just because Rovers are struggling too!

Appreciate the respect, and don't really disagree with much you have said there.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

LJ is on Radio Bristol talking absolute rubbish. "we were the best team for most of the game" WHAT!!!!!!!!! "much improved performance" WHAT!!!!!!!!! No mention of only one shot on goal WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!.  LJ please go and go now, as they shout to the Ref "you don't know what you doing"

He said that? wow. Desperate words me thinks.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I think he had his SoD moment last week with the reference to putting on players who had a song. He’s now losing the plot completely. 

19 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Sorry lads & lasses and in particular the deluded few who think stability with a clueless clown is the way forward your very wrong unless you are happy with Div 1 football all over again which I'm not and i certainly don't see we are progressing to better things as Wednesday will prove as we will bring nothing back from Ipswich. JOHNSON OUT now to give us half a chance as this team has no direction under him and I'm sure SL is starting to see it..... 

I would hope so but don't think for one second SL will do anything for a long while yet

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is your definition of form literally just deliberately picked dates to suit what you want to say?

THIS SEASON DDLWWWWLLDdLWWLLLL.    1.2 points a game. You add the rest of 2018 and it's something like another 20 points from 24 games, that would bring over almost a full season 42 points . That would have had us just outside last year relegation zone, quite telling figures whether you want to believe them or not.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m no LJ lover by any stretch, and have called for his head in the past, but if people are going to make sweeping generalisations then at least make them factual! 

Do I think we should sack the manager because we’re 14th? No. 

Do I think that if we want to be a top six team, consistently, we need a change in manager? Yes. 

Trouble is I don’t know what SL genuinely wants. He said he wants improvement on last season, but didn’t back that up in the summer. 

We’re a mid table squad at best and unsurprisingly we’re in mid table. 

I've defended LJ more than most and thinks that's pretty widely known.

Thing is, when people make the BS exaggerations, it makes me argue against them  more.

I do think LJ could get us to the top 6 team stage, but it wouldn't be this season, and probably not next season either- and that's exactly how I viewed it before this season started.

Fully agree with your last line, 

13 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

I put that on here 6 weeks ago.  Was told don't talk daft were a midtable side?

And I've been told likewise from the stands from those who clearly have little understanding of the game. We're in deep DooDoo and are a very poor side. Until we accept as much we will not move on.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

THIS SEASON DDLWWWWLLDdLWWLLLL.    1.2 points a game. You add the rest of 2018 and it's something like another 20 points from 24 games, that would bring over almost a full season 42 points . That would have had us just outside last year relegation zone, quite telling figures whether you want to believe them or not.

Your point?

Last seasons form is completely irrelevant to this season because we have since sold multiple key players.

Is this seasons form good? No

Is it abysmal? No.

Nothing to do with "believing" the numbers you have given me, because I haven't been making any arguments about our form, until my 2 lines in bold.

28 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

We are a new team

Its a tough place to come to

They are a big club

The progress we see at training will soon come through on a match day

I can't  criticise the effort

Few more for him

We forgot we were the better team and......the triggers they were good ?

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I've defended LJ more than most and thinks that's pretty widely known.

Thing is, when people make the BS exaggerations, it makes me argue against them  more.

I do think LJ could get us to the top 6 team stage, but it wouldn't be this season, and probably not next season either- and that's exactly how I viewed it before this season started.

Fully agree with your last line, 

I’ve defended him when I felt he deserved it and criticised him likewise. I don’t think he’s the man to take us any further than what we presently are, but I’m not going to be part of the mob trying to hound him out of the club when we’re mid table, when the evidence from the top suggests that we’re happy to be exactly that.

Another couple of defeats and there will be questions to answer however, I don’t see how he can survive another relegation battle. Wins against Ipswich and Millwall and we’ll be as close of not closer to 6th than 22nd, it’s pretty tight all the way though as it normally is. 

Defeats against both in the worst case....well it doesn’t bear thinking about! 

5 hours ago, daored said:

It’s hard to see past a comfortable Leeds victory today considering we appear to have lost all confidence and ideas. However, I think we may be surprised today, a few out for Leeds today. 2-2.

@SR1 and @Cjay your thoughts on today ?

Sorry didnt see this.

Cant give pre match thoughts now :laugh:.

Thought we were both very average till the sending off, neither looked like scoring.

After it then we started to play and deserved the win in the end.

Lord knows what Lee Johnson was smoking before his little media chat.

Thats a man under real pressure.

Archived