IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed, who saw that coming. 

FFS they're a considerably better side than us with 11 v 11 so honestly what did anyone expect at 11 v 10?

People moan about budgets etc.

Sorry to say but - that Leeds team, if on a similar wage budget to their last figures, now would have lower wage costs than ourselves. The epitome of too many wasted signings.

Buck stops with recruitment. We've done it poorly and not adequately improved on the players we've lost, including the likes of Ayling, Flint, Bryan, Tomlin, Kodjia, Reid, and Freeman.

We've gone so far backwards in 18 months - its abysmal. More weaknesses in the squad than the one LJ took over. We dont have a team spirit, and we don't have the right tactics.

Ashton and LJ out.

Get a director on board with some proper football/recruitment knowledge, ala Nick Hammond (Reading up to 2016 so knows a decent player) - restructure the scouting, get an experienced manager ala McCarthy who can liaise with the scouting team in terms of targets (that he actually knows he needs) and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Well we were up against it after sending off.......we battled well.......we go again Tuesday after we have been through this game of course.........we are fighters......we are still 6pts clear of the drop zone  (but now 9 away from a play off).......we had some young lads out there........they were tired no cant say that we just had a holiday........ummm I hurt .........fine lines.......a close offside decision......feel sorry for the fans......we believe in ourselves.........where`s that kin laptop ????

Pick one Lee

We are a new team

Its a tough place to come to

They are a big club

The progress we see at training will soon come through on a match day

I can't  criticise the effort

Few more for him

6 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Yes man Johnson aint going nowhere.

He will still be manager next season even if we get relegated. SL likes the comfort Johnson gives him. Most on here are now fed up with Johnson, including me! He fails to motivate the team/strategise when he hits bad runs and this is now looking bad. Not sure if the players actually care at the moment?

Exactly this ! 

Sorry lads & lasses and in particular the deluded few who think stability with a clueless clown is the way forward your very wrong unless you are happy with Div 1 football all over again which I'm not and i certainly don't see we are progressing to better things as Wednesday will prove as we will bring nothing back from Ipswich. JOHNSON OUT now to give us half a chance as this team has no direction under him and I'm sure SL is starting to see it..... 

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

Dicks in! 

I agree - though I would say most fans can take a loss or two in isolation if the performance is good and we bounce back the following week with a valiant victory or determined draw. However, these Jekyll and Hyde like performances which lead to runs of losses under LJ's leadership are just getting too much now. 

...not much Jekyll & Hyde about us lately,  reckon we've found some consistency at last - SADLY!

25 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

He's got a job for life as long as lansdown is in charge he really should of been gone long ago

Should never never never have been appointed. Utterly clueless and incompetent. Not his fault though, blame the one who wouldn't back Cotts and wanted him out, and this imposter in.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Agreed. We are incapable of bouncing back and I don't think LJ is capable of installing that into the team.

Exactly - in my eyes, he is a coach but not a leader of men. All the spiel he gave prior to taking over the helm at AG about going to the NHS and the military to learn about leadership... it's nonsense. I watch him closely on the touchline, it's nothing to do with his stature as such but just his general body language and use of voice does not inspire qualities of a man-motivator and leader in my view.

7 minutes ago, Fuber said:

People moan about budgets etc.

Sorry to say but - that Leeds team, if on a similar wage budget to their last figures, now would have lower wage costs than ourselves. The epitome of too many wasted signings.

Buck stops with recruitment. We've done it poorly and not adequately improved on the players we've lost, including the likes of Ayling, Flint, Bryan, Tomlin, Kodjia, Reid, and Freeman.

We've gone so far backwards in 18 months - its abysmal. More weaknesses in the squad than the one LJ took over. We dont have a team spirit, and we don't have the right tactics.

Ashton and LJ out.

Get a director on board with some proper football/recruitment knowledge, ala Nick Hammond (Reading up to 2016 so knows a decent player) - restructure the scouting, get an experienced manager ala McCarthy who can liaise with the scouting team in terms of targets (that he actually knows he needs) and see what happens.

Gone ‘so far backwards in 18 months it’s abysmal’? Sorry, but what? We were nearly top less than a year ago,  and last season finished in our highest placing in the football league in nearly a decade so that’s reactionary nonsense. 

I don’t disagree about serious questions needing to be answered about recruitment however. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gone ‘so far backwards in 18 months it’s anysmal’? Sorry, but what? We were nearly top less than a year ago,  and last season finished in our highest placing in the football league in nearly a decade so that’s reactionary nonsense. 

I don’t disagree about serious questions needing to be answered about recruitment however. 

not "reactionary". 

I was watching the LUFC  live feed and the best we could hope for was a 0-0. We created nothing and considering they had a rookie keeper makes it all the more worrying. This losing run is looking like it's got some way to go on the recent performances and for all his tinkering he seems unable to do anything about it. 

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Is 11 months not a wide enough range?

It's a deliberatly picked time, of which more than half of it isn't relevant to the current season. Just like the 3 games was deliberately picked for Leeds form because that suited you.

Generally the standard range people pick for form is 5 or 6 games.

Alternatively you can look at the whole of the current season.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I don't think that, remember our blistering form in the first half of last season, but I think he is never going to do that again at this club. We had to push on at that point, we haven't and its too long now.

Oh I remember it. But given the subsequent and continued implosion, I put that run down more to luck rather than judgement, as far as Johnson is concerned.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gone ‘so far backwards in 18 months it’s anysmal’? Sorry, but what? We were nearly top less than a year ago,  and last season finished in our highest placing in the football league in nearly a decade so that’s reactionary nonsense. 

Weird isn't it.

18 months ago was the end of LJs first full season. The one with the record breaking run of losses, and we've apparently moved backwards from there!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's a deliberatly picked time, of which more than half of it isn't relevant to the current season. Just like the 3 games was deliberately picked for Leeds form because that suited you.

Generally the standard range people pick for form is 5 or 6 games.

Alternatively you can look at the whole of the current season.

10 games = 30points but 8pts gained is not ok

Archived