IGNORED

FA Cup Numbers/Draw - HUDDERSFIELD HOME (Merged)

phantom

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

The stadium is in walking distance but I've only been past it on the bus. Would certainly like a high profile FA Cup game but it could prove embarrassing :city:

Can't be anymore embarrassing than last year's Watford v Bristol City U21's. That was a tragic little trip to Vicarage Road.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And ours:

Watford (a)

Fleetwood (h)

West Brom (a)

Doncaster (h)

Watford (h)

Not exactly scintillating, but nothing unexpected either.

I spot a sequence! We will get a team beginning with H!

3 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Wednesday`s last 5 in the 3rd round, it's more of a mixed bag than I remember, what you'd expect really. 

Carlisle a

Boro a

Fulham h

Man City a

Macclesfield a

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

And ours:

Watford (a)

Fleetwood (h)

West Brom (a)

Doncaster (h)

Watford (h)

Not exactly scintillating, but nothing unexpected either.

How far back would a Rovers fan have to go to do that..?! 

36 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Not bothered tbh - and if LJ plays fringe players so be it. I can imagine the meltdown on here if he played his first team and we ended up with injuries. 

Our ‘reserves’ did rather well in the League Cup last year so I’d give them another runout this time around. 

So by not playing his strongest side, he's actually saying he doesn't really want to win badly enough. The League season is over for us already and the cup should be a major priority for this club.

34 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

So by not playing his strongest side, he's actually saying he doesn't really want to win badly enough. The League season is over for us already and the cup should be a major priority for this club.

1. We are 8 points off the playoffs - our season isn’t over. 

2. Equally, there is still time for us to plummet. There is loads to play for and the league is way more important  

3. It worked for the League Cup last season, why not now?

4. In the same breath as the above, some people blamed our demise after Christmas last season on our players being knackered after the Man U and Man C games. That’s debatable but why take the chance? We are arguably weaker than last season so don’t want to exhaust our best players on a cup run which will ultimately end in defeat  

5. Does Lee even know what his strongest side is? I know I don’t - because I thought it was the side that ended the game vs Stoke - the same side which was beaten at Reading. 

My my opinion only of course. 

On 30/11/2018 at 17:42, 22A said:

Of course, just to establish a following fact. Get drawn away to Barnet, then replay in Bristol on  a Tuesday night and see how many rather than how few turn up.

Barnet are in Monday night's draw.....

Archived