IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 20

Septic Peg

Yesterday, myself and the boy were taking a stroll down West St to visit the man Jim at Argus. (£6.95 for a cod lot!)

Walking back the other way, we passed the Lions. My son said "that's a football pub". I confirmed it was and said one day, he can go in there. Upon hearing the cheers for the egg chasing at AG yesterday, he asked if we can go to City tomorrow. Now, I've been to a Millwall match as a kid and have the 2p shaped dent in my skull to prove it so I said no. He asked why and I told him the story.

Imagine my absolute shock when I hear that allegedly Millwall and City have been having handbags in and around the area I was in two hours previously. 

As I said in a previous thread, the Luckwell was my old local. I got engaged in there, I worked in there, we've had family parties in there. I can go in there now and I can guarantee, there is someone who will call me over. I have good friends from that place including @CyderInACan amongst others on this platform and I miss that building. It holds so many memories for me.

You've seen the photos and videos of what happened last night and it upsets me. I'm just glad that Alan and staff had the community to support them. If I still lived nearby, I would have been there too with a broom and a bin bag.

On to today.

Lloyd Kelly is an absolute must. Bailey Wright will feature at some stage. 

The atmosphere will be tense. I can see us nicking this by an odd goal. 2-1. Millwall will be up the wall and the plod will be all over BS3 like spots on a teenager.

COYRs

I will be missing in action today.

The tale of the smoke alarm, vaulted ceiling, numerous step ladder combinations, shoes thrown, two night of beeping and the emergency electrician sees my day otherwise occupied.

No red button by way of consolation either, if the other thread is correct.

This not the Sunday I planned.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

The tale of the smoke alarm, vaulted ceiling, numerous step ladder combinations, shoes thrown, two night of beeping and the emergency electrician sees my day otherwise occupied.

Thoughts and prayers brother. Thoughts and prayers. 

28 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Yesterday, myself and the boy were taking a stroll down West St to visit the man Jim at Argus. (£6.95 for a cod lot!)

Walking back the other way, we passed the Lions. My son said "that's a football pub". I confirmed it was and said one day, he can go in there. Upon hearing the cheers for the egg chasing at AG yesterday, he asked if we can go to City tomorrow. Now, I've been to a Millwall match as a kid and have the 2p shaped dent in my skull to prove it so I said no. He asked why and I told him the story.

Imagine my absolute shock when I hear that allegedly Millwall and City have been having handbags in and around the area I was in two hours previously. 

As I said in a previous thread, the Luckwell was my old local. I got engaged in there, I worked in there, we've had family parties in there. I can go in there now and I can guarantee, there is someone who will call me over. I have good friends from that place including @CyderInACan amongst others on this platform and I miss that building. It holds so many memories for me.

You've seen the photos and videos of what happened last night and it upsets me. I'm just glad that Alan and staff had the community to support them. If I still lived nearby, I would have been there too with a broom and a bin bag.

On to today.

Lloyd Kelly is an absolute must. Bailey Wright will feature at some stage. 

The atmosphere will be tense. I can see us nicking this by an odd goal. 2-1. Millwall will be up the wall and the plod will be all over BS3 like spots on a teenager.

COYRs

Condensed Version 

Millwall 

Millwall and City fans have been out exchanging handbags

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Smoke alarms ! Are they really there to protect us ?

I have replaced mine three times now. Why in the name of Hades do these vicious bastards decide to go off systematically at 3 in the morning ? 

No bloody smoke for thirty miles around but they seem as sensitive as a teenage  couple about to go at it for the very first time . 

So , my electrician Simon , we are on first name terms now , tells me there's absolutely nothing wrong with my detectors. 

Tell that to Mrs Isewater as she's up the ladder in the small hours I say .

Why Mrs Isewater you ask ? Surely you , being the gentleman, would climb said ladder ? 

Just that I don't know how to disarm the buggers , the batteries are installed in such a way that even Stephen Hawkins would take six months to figure it out .

Mrs I is made of stern stuff and this allied to the fact she watched Simon , who is now living in our spare room , fix the evil sods to the wall made her believe that she could succeed where many have failed . 

She couldn't but with all the dexterity of an Amazon warehouse employee she wrapped it up in a quilt and hid it in the shed .

The rest of the night was spent trying to determine if we could hear it or not. 

We could . 

Mrs I refused my offer to silence it with a hammer view the fact that it was still under guarantee .

So deciding that I'd rather die of smoke inhalation than replace the bloody things again we currently just have the marks on the wall to remind us of the very real danger we have of dying from a fall from the ladder as in a Zombie like state we try to silence the alarms of Satan. 

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Smoke alarms ! Are they really there to protect us ?

I have replaced mine three times now. Why in the name of Hades do these vicious bastards decide to go off systematically at 3 in the morning ? 

No bloody smoke for thirty miles around but they seem as sensitive as a teenage  couple about to go at it for the very first time . 

So , my electrician Simon , we are on first name terms now , tells me there's absolutely nothing wrong with my detectors. 

Tell that to Mrs Isewater as she's up the ladder in the small hours I say .

Why Mrs Isewater you ask ? Surely you , being the gentleman, would climb said ladder ? 

Just that I don't know how to disarm the buggers , the batteries are installed in such a way that even Stephen Hawkins would take six months to figure it out .

Mrs I is made of stern stuff and this allied to the fact she watched Simon , who is now living in our spare room , fix the evil sods to the wall made her believe that she could succeed where many have failed . 

She couldn't but with all the dexterity of an Amazon warehouse employee she wrapped it up in a quilt and hid it in the shed .

The rest of the night was spent trying to determine if we could hear it or not. 

We could . 

Mrs I refused my offer to silence it with a hammer view the fact that it was still under guarantee .

So deciding that I'd rather die of smoke inhalation than replace the bloody things again we currently just have the marks on the wall to remind us of the very real danger we have of dying from a fall from the ladder as in a Zombie like state we try to silence the alarms of Satan. 

We should form a support group.

This is a very real issue, and many lives are being impacted by this menace.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

We should form a support group.

This is a very real issue, and many lives are being impacted by this menace.

Not just deaths from attempting to silence rogue detectors but our hospitals are being over run with broken bones following falls .

When I lived in Norwich , my neighbour's alarm woke me up . Fearing the worst I called the fire brigade who getting no reply to their questions posed through the letter box , delicately smashed in her front door and trampled mud all through her house in search of a fire and or a corpse, there was neither. 

I had to move house as Mrs Neighbour never forgave me . I told her the next time it woke me up in the middle of the night I'd let her house burn down . 

8 minutes ago, ... said:

Can we also set up a support group for those fans with out-of-control sarcasm.

Welcome .

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not just deaths from attempting to silence rogue detectors but our hospitals are being over run with broken bones following falls .

When I lived in Norwich , my neighbour's alarm woke me up . Fearing the worst I called the fire brigade who getting no reply to their questions posed through the letter box , delicately smashed in her front door and trampled mud all through her house in search of a fire and or a corpse, there was neither. 

I had to move house as Mrs Neighbour never forgave me . I told her the next time it woke me up in the middle of the night I'd let her house burn down . 

Welcome .

......... you would let a neighbour burn to death??

Do many gas-heads live in Norwich?

Kin 'ell.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Cheers Reg, it has been like living with one of them Tamagotchi pets that the kids love for the last 2 days.

IMG_20181202_124319.jpg

Should Pack be playing if his sore nipple has not cleared up?

Mind you, I can see why Johnson is playing him as he is our main goal threat.

Archived