IGNORED

No Leadership At This Club - 5 Examples

Boston Red

NO LEADERSHIP AT THIS CLUB - EXAMPLE 1. THE DEPARTURE OF GARY JOHNSON.

Away at Plymouth City played awfully and lost. After the match Johnson tore into the team. Apparently he made a comment about Ivan Sproule's late son, something along the lines of "You Ivan, you can score a brilliant goal away at Leicester in honour of your son, why can't you do it now as well?" The City players leapt to their feet, and a fight almost broke out. The next day, several senior players said they could not work with Gary Johnson anymore.

Very entertaining read, thanks. Fair play!

Really enjoyed it and probably pretty close to whats gone on.

Ok, small detail but the Gary Johnson aggro at Plymouth was a half time, as said by another poster earlier on. And I can vouch for that, because I was at the game and I went to buy a quick cuppa just as half time whistle blew, from the away end tea bar. I came straight back in to my seat to see some City players were already back on the pitch, and we waited five more minutes for Plymouth to appear.  

Loved the line about the biscuits... 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s obviously too difficult for you to call them Gary and Lee - it’s actually easier to type those two words than your patronising ‘Senior’ and ‘Junior’, anyway, your post above....sign of a bloody good manager....

Yep...............:cool2:

Remind me where he’s been since getting sacked by City?

12 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Correct, many years ago I wrote up about the half time incident. Who said what, and the events that occurred. I even wrote up the events that happened after the match. My post was took down before you could say kamikaze. 

Plymouth night was a bad one. 

In defence this was possibly when the club had control of the forum and therefore occasionally would ask for posts to be removed, there might have been at least one moderator who is no longer involved who was a lot stricter too. This rarely happens now, only something for legal reasons perhaps. I think the forum is very tolerant and most views can be accommodated if we all respect  eachother. 

9 hours ago, NickJ said:

There wasn't one, but if anybody is brave enough to put out more details I'm sure SC - and his lawyers - will be very interested.

And you can say that 100% categorically is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Care to elaborate on your sources, links, relationship to the deals, to know “there wasn’t one” - or is that a gut feeling?

Gary Johnson had alienated more than just the players (and it wasn't just over that half-time barny). His manner had pissed off pretty much everyone at the club, including several long-serving staff members who this forum would describe as beloved.

When he stopped winning matches and the team started going backwards that made it all the easier to sack him.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Style of play - it’s that simple. Dull, drab, pedestrian with little goal threat game after game.......:fastasleep:

Sadly, based on the recent matche at AG LJ is going the same way....

Certain posters slag off LJ for playing the same way as his dad did - the difference is that Senior somehow managed to scrap wins.

To be fair to Lee Johnson, he has (unfortunately) managed to do exactly the same thing, both last season and this.  

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair to Lee Johnson, he has (unfortunately) managed to do exactly the same thing, both last season and this.  

This season I’d agree.

The first part of last season was pretty good but City hit the wall during  the semi final cup run. Unfortunately although it raised our clubs profile it had a negative effect on league form.

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

And can you to say there was.....? Thought not.

Well mate, look at my posts and see me say they are rumours - so I’ve not said anything is fact.

Unlike that post where he writes “There wasn’t one” - as if it were fact and if he knew.

I’m not making any unfounded claims 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This season I’d agree.

The first part of last season was pretty good but City hit the wall during  the semi final cup run. Unfortunately although it raised our clubs profile it had a negative effect on league form.

somehow managed to scrap wins

Obviously too subtle: I was endeavouring to stress your typo, where you wrote scrap instead of scrape.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ummmm.........it wasn’t a typo Phil........obviously too subtle......

Obviously ?.

I had assumed, erroneously it would seem, that you were referring to GJ's successful habit of scraping 1-0 wins or last minute winners in the play-off season, whereas your post stated that GJ had scrapped wins, i.e. done away with them. 

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Obviously ?.

I had assumed, erroneously it would seem, that you were referring to GJ's successful habit of scraping 1-0 wins or last minute winners in the play-off season, whereas your post stated that GJ had scrapped wins, i.e. done away with them. 

(s)crap...........get it now?     

On 05/12/2018 at 13:42, Alessandro said:

Or did SL uncover a 'dodgy deal' SC had made for those players??

Just for balance - while we are chucking out rumours as truths.

On 05/12/2018 at 14:29, paul_fox said:

What was the dodgy deal? 

On 05/12/2018 at 15:52, Alessandro said:

Financial discrepancies 

22 hours ago, NickJ said:

There wasn't one, but if anybody is brave enough to put out more details I'm sure SC - and his lawyers - will be very interested.

13 hours ago, Alessandro said:

And you can say that 100% categorically is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Care to elaborate on your sources, links, relationship to the deals, to know “there wasn’t one” - or is that a gut feeling?

12 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

And can you to say there was.....? Thought not.

10 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Well mate, look at my posts and see me say they are rumours - so I’ve not said anything is fact.

Unlike that post where he writes “There wasn’t one” - as if it were fact and if he knew.

I’m not making any unfounded claims 

@Alessandro 

I cant prove something that doesn't exist.

It's clear on the other hand from the above that you have started a rumour.

QUESTION BY @paul_fox: "What was the dodgy deal?

ANSWER BY @Alessandro: "financial discrepancies".

I'd say that's well on the road to libel, and if I were SC I'd have my lawyers penning a warning across your bows right now. Of course if there was a "dodgy deal" involving "financial discrepancies" you'd have nothing to worry about.

So - if you have the balls enlighten us all.

11 hours ago, NickJ said:

@Alessandro 

I cant prove something that doesn't exist.

It's clear on the other hand from the above that you have started a rumour.

QUESTION BY @paul_fox: "What was the dodgy deal?

ANSWER BY @Alessandro: "financial discrepancies".

I'd say that's well on the road to libel, and if I were SC I'd have my lawyers penning a warning across your bows right now. Of course if there was a "dodgy deal" involving "financial discrepancies" you'd have nothing to worry about.

So - if you have the balls enlighten us all.

As I suspected then, again you can’t “prove” anything - yet you still claim with certainty it “doesn’t exist”, like you’d know.

That rumour I’m mentioning was started long before I wrote about it. 

I will wait for contact from his lawyers given I have not stated anything illegal taking place, merely an implication that the deals may not have fitted within budgets, hence the financial discrepancy with what could be provided as a transfer budget:

Archived