IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

49 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

'2 very poor posters', what an arrogant comment. 

My opinion from what I've seen on here.

If you appreciate the sort of posts they've been making on this thread, and think such posts add value to the forum, that's up to you.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Here we go. This could go on for a page or two.

Anyway back to the game, on the Derby forum some sage has said if we can't beat Bristol were ******. Another Rams fan comes on and tips us to make the playoffs.

Football fans eh, what the **** do they know?

Therein lies the dilemma of the January transfer window. Do we have a go for the play offs or settle for mid table? We COULD possibly make it, especially with the right additions although our expectation isn't as high as the likes of Derby. 

42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Really good and deserved point gained today, could have been three points another day and the performance was probably more important than the point with regard to confidence of the players and supporters. Hopefully we can kick on against Brentford and Rotherham in the next week - six points would put us nicely positioned in the table.

A word about Derby - they have some really good players for this level but I can't see them going up with the central defenders they have, big weak point for them and they need to get that sorted in January to give them a chance. If not, I can see them going backwards and struggling to make the play offs at season end, perhaps to our benefit......?

Why on earth is Keogh still a regular? I certainly wouldn't swap our centre backs for theirs.

I'm increasingly surprised, and grateful, that bigger clubs did not move for Webster and Kalas.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Why on earth is Keogh still a regular? I certainly wouldn't swap our centre backs for theirs.

I'm increasingly surprised, and grateful, that bigger clubs did not move for Webster and Kalas.

They did for Kalas, just not as a centre half.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Therein lies the dilemma of the January transfer window. Do we have a go for the play offs or settle for mid table? We COULD possibly make it, especially with the right additions although our expectation isn't as high as the likes of Derby. 

That's it, expectations. Win the next two (not a given I know) and probably only 3 or 4 points off the playoffs and the clamour for that center midfielder and striker grows.

Would be great to bring a couple in and have a late charge as opposed to being up there waiting for the end of season collapse.

Such a fine line, but a show of intent in January would give the fans such a boost, a strong finish is needed for next season.

As we all know there is no such thing as a mid table side, or not at least for any length off time. Catches up with most sides at our level, Ipswich this season.

So are we going forward?  As it stands now it has to be yes. I just hope we push the boat out a bit.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You two girls should get  together

A Emerson’s- Keynsham ‘massive’ for the Girl Guides

Wooooooooooo

:)

Poor Bob, you have taken some stick of late. what with the upturn in fortunes, I almost feel sorry for you...almost, anyway chin up The 'Bees' are up next, where's there's hope.....?

57 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I think if we get 6 points in the next two games - FAR from a given, the dilemma for the owner returns.

We would be nowhere near as strong a position as we were 12 months ago, but we would be far from out of it.

We do need to be mindful of any FFP issues , although I am far from convinced that the potential punishments will ever be enforced, witness Villa apparently spending £7m on a keeper on 1st Jan - they don’t seem too concerned.

Back on point, I think if we have to go for it, we need a striker, Fam has picked up recently but if he were to get injured we are incredibly light in that area.

If it was my call I would look to the loan market for a striker and a midfield ‘enforcer’.

I would have previously looked at someone creative in midfield however and although he is injured just now, I have completely changed my opinion on Walsh, I do think he can fulfill that role.

44 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Poor Bob, you have taken some stick of late. what with the upturn in fortunes, I almost feel sorry for you...almost, anyway chin up

The 'Bees' are up next, where's there's hope.....?

Yes one to look forward to

Will you be making the effort to attend AG ?

ohh................

55 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Poor Bob, you have taken some stick of late. what with the upturn in fortunes, I almost feel sorry for you...almost, anyway chin up The 'Bees' are up next, where's there's hope.....?

Yeah as man and boy, Bob has obviously been a not so secret City hater. For sure it has come out on here how much he hates the club.

Would be very surprised if he isn't sat with the Brentford fans giving it the big un.

Now i'm not here to defend Bob, never even met the bloke. Ok he gets carried away at times but always passionate about our club. Just think your defence of the club and anything they do is pathetic.

Iv no ideal on how long you've have attended the gate?  Me, 1965. So I feel free to criticise the club. If I can't what's the point.

Last point, Bob understands the game and along with a few posters on here I value the input. Win or lose.

Archived