IGNORED

Derby County v Bristol City Match Day 23

Septic Peg

Unlike several recent results, a well deserved and hard fought draw.

The areas to be improved are obvious but they were obvious last January and the January before, no excuses this time for getting it wrong.

Midfield we need quality and a leader/organiser and back up + at least one quality striker.

Tactically we fought well, but surrendered midfield in time added which was dangerous, Paterson (his glaring miss apart) did ok, my problem with him will always be the 60% of the game where he is a total passenger, Mr Diedhiou my god what an enigma he is, his volley in the 80th minute was sublime as was the build up was sublime and for once he got into the area in the right place, but all too often when we attack he is nowhere to be seen in the area, he is slow to anticipate and for me still not good enough at holding the ball up, we know how good he can be but all too often he looks just bang average.

13 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

HEISNIKIMÄÄenpååhEINIKIMÄÄENPÄÄHEISNIKIMÄÄenpää HEISNIKIMÄÄEENPÄÄHE IS NIKI MÄÄENPÅÅHEISNIKIMÄÄEEMPÄÄHEISNIKIMÄÄENPÄÄHEISNIKIMÄÄENPÄÄHEISNIKIMÄÄENPÄÄHEISNIKIMÄÄENPÄÄHEISNIKIMÄÄENPÄÄ 

Condensed version;

He is Niki Maaenpaa.

Only saw the last 35 minutes, but I have to say , it looked like we carried on from the Norwich game.
Looked as though we limited them in the main. Maenpaa made saves, but they looked like the ones you would expect him to make. And one massive bonus he brings, when the ball is lofted into the box in the last minute with Derby looking for a knock down, he comes and claims it . I love a keeper to be able to do this.
I'd like to see the disallowed goal again, looked tight to me, and Fam looked a handful once more , and COD's running causes problems.  But I would have taken a point pre match and happy with what, from the bit I saw , was a good performance. 5 points off of 7th. 

13 pages on Derby's match day thread. They are not happy about their team's performance. Several posters seem glad they are above Forest.

on page 11, a compliment for City; Not that we'd be able to afford him as a squad player, but Diedhiou has been fantastic today for Bristol City.

page 12; Rubbish performance. Deserved nothing. Again. When as the last time we actually played well ..?

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/31204-v-bristol-city-h-match-day-thread/?page=13

What  a shocking performance, the only positive is we  got  a point and Forest lost so we still have  a decent cushion over them. We don't have a  prayer of Top 2 now based on that performance and the gap that is emerging. Hopefully Evans Starts soon, as Huddlestone is sluggish, slow and complacent and is either great or dire and far too many times he is dire. The defence sounded like a ducking  shambles, we will get embarrassed if we play like that in the next few games , we seem far to complacent and sloppy at times like the players almost think they have a right to be beating the midtable and lower sides.  Waghorn sounded like  the MOTM hopefully he can get a run in the team . I think we need a new centre back in January  not for Cover, but to actually start games if Keogh plays well it seems like Tomori is dire and Vice versa they don't seem that solid as a partnership and we have conceded a large amount of shocking goals , even though our defensive record is good, we have defensively got very lucky at times.

13 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Just put it through Google translate.  Still don't understand!

HEALTHCASEFUNCTIONFUNCENTIFICALLYHOPPING HEADPHONESNIKI NIKI POTENTIALSHEATHOSPOSITORYHOPPINGHEATHOSPOSITORYHOPPINGOUTHELF

SUPERTOMMYISATTROCIOUSCOSCIDERISDELICIOUS

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Really impressed with the last 3 results, I was a little concerned we'd go into Boxing Day on the back of 3 straight defeats if I'm honest.

Well Done City! 

Prior to Brum, Norwich and Derby, many would have struggled to see us getting a point let alone going unbeaten and coming away with 5 points from 9.

Also good to see that the players seem to have dug in , fought hard but also started to play well again.

Fingers crossed this will give us some impetus post Christmas and if we can carry this forward who knows how the rest of the season might pan out?

21 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Should have won, better team, perfectly good goal ruled out for offside, stone wall penalty notgiven. Well played team and Johnson.

Thought our player was far to honest. Seemed to get straight back up and did not even appeal. Other players would still be rolling around now. First instinct was that it was a penalty.

Other end from where we were sat but looked a def pen even from that distance. We certainly didn’t get the benefit of any decisions today. Can someone (preferably the ref) explain how Pack and Pisano pick up yellows whist an identical pull back on Eliasson, breaking free 5 mins from the end, doesn’t. Plain inconsistent. 

30 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well done LJ & the boys

:clapping:

Good point that and ...... even better , by the sounds of it

a very decent performance with lots of positives ......... nice

Consistentcy In selection :thumbsup:

Love the consistency in performance across a handful of games :thumbsup:

PEP OUT :sign09:

Wow. Something positive! But of course it's going with the grain as usual, which is easy. Have you now got on the Johnson bandwagon? ? I continue to watch with interest at your roller-coaster posts. 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Other end from where we were sat but looked a def pen even from that distance. We certainly didn’t get the benefit of any decisions today. Can someone (preferably the ref) explain how Pack and Pisano pick up yellows whist an identical pull back on Eliasson, breaking free 5 mins from the end, doesn’t. Plain inconsistent. 

That'll be the "Frank Lampard's Derby County" effect.

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Wow. Something positive! But of course it's going with the grain as usual, which is easy. Have you now got on the Johnson bandwagon? ? I continue to watch with interest at your roller-coaster posts. 

Give it a rest, can't you just be happy weve played well and got a good point?

Or would you prefer to stay on here all night having a nice row?

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Derby definitely havent made the play offs five seasons in a row, what a fiction.

I have however been very impressed with some of their wins this season. 

A step too far for us? 2-1 home win

Exhibit A. 

Frank Lampard says he is still "finding out about management" but is determined to maintain Derby's promotion push.

The Rams drew 0-0 with Nottingham Forest on Monday and for the sixth successive season find themselves in the play-off spots after 22 games.

Taken from:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46606715

5 hours ago, Calculus said:

Sorry, small point Peg - Shearer didn't save Newscastle from the drop IIRC. Think they were relegated on the last day along with Middlesborough and West Brom. 

Hoping for 7 points from the next three and a Merry Christmas to one and all...

4 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Newcastle were relegated under Sir Alan. Another pundit giving management a whirl and failing miserably.

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Incorrect Peggy. Shearer failed to save them - albeit they were doomed anyway. Newcastle can get in the sea. 

My apologies guys. In my hung over haze, I misread the fountain of all knowledge Wikipedia. 

Blame my neighbours force feeding me Bulmers.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Give it a rest, can't you just be happy weve played well and got a good point?

Or would you prefer to stay on here all night having a nice 

I'm well happy, don't worry about that!! Just stating that certain posters are like a roller-coaster from winning to losing. It's quite amusing to watch! 

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Exhibit A. 

Frank Lampard says he is still "finding out about management" but is determined to maintain Derby's promotion push.

The Rams drew 0-0 with Nottingham Forest on Monday and for the sixth successive season find themselves in the play-off spots after 22 games.

Taken from:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46606715

My apologies guys. In my hung over haze, I misread the fountain of all knowledge Wikipedia. 

Blame my neighbours force feeding me Bulmers.

You arent reading the BBC link correctly if you think it says Derby have made the play offs five seasons in a row, which is what your OP said

13 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Funnily enough numpty

I couldn’t give a monkeys toss what your opinion is 

Do you regret that Lee didn’t follow your shattering idea to start the season with .............Josh Brownhill at right back

Archived