IGNORED

Bristol City v Huddersfield Town FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Islington Council recycle them here. It appears that most have been recycled already as the pavements are covered in needles.

I just have to unplug mine and put it back in the bag until next year :sub:

COYRs

Same here!  Even though there are more Christmas trees here than the full population of Estonia,  I have an artificial one, as my cat likes to demolish real ones.

37 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Peg, you do realise that those artificial trees can be used next year and the year after ..........?

I refer to you the post of my Honourable friend... @MC26

41 minutes ago, MC26 said:

Yeah, ours was down a few days ago. Partly to do with that but largely because I was sick of retrieving a cat from the top of the tree every 5 minutes. 

Cats destroy all Christmas trees. Artificial and real.

My old cat isn't with us anymore but I remember the struggle. Coming through the front door to see the tree at right angles, baubles all over the floor and the cat perched somewhere in the middle with a "what you looking at?" expression.

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Islington Council recycle them here. It appears that most have been recycled already as the pavements are covered in needles.

COYRs

Bristol City Council recycle them, people just need to consult the web site.  Is the game being streamed?

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

My mistake.

Dianne Abbott  thinks the twelve days of Christmas run from the 1st to the 15th December!

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I asked her for Christmas off. She gave me Easter.

Imagine her scoring the darts.

On second thoughts, no I'd rather not

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

My old cat isn't with us anymore but I remember the struggle. Coming through the front door to see the tree at right angles, baubles all over the floor and the cat perched somewhere in the middle with a "what you looking at?" expression.

Got in yesterday to the same sight, demolished it.

Packed the bugger away rather than putting it back up (the tree not the cat).

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

No idea, I don't trust them to be honest, so listening to the commentary

Have Hesgoal on stream, no problems with it whatsoever and listen to the RB commentary, as the stream is anything up to a minute behind, if there is a goal you know when it's coming.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

I refer to you the post of my Honourable friend... @MC26

Cats destroy all Christmas trees. Artificial and real.

This is exactly it. Our tree was (RIP) an artificial one this year. After just a day the baubles that had been hanging on the lowest branches had been removed. I started placing them at higher points of the tree leaving the bottom branches empty but this was just accepted as a greater challenge. Or if the cat was feeling particularly lazy, she'd just attempt to eat the empty branches instead. 

The tree came down on Wednesday and I can almost guarantee that I will still be picking up stray baubles this time next week. 

Funnily enough, ruining Christmas (or at least trying to) wasn't one of the selling points the missus used when trying to convince me to agree to having cats. 

57 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Have Hesgoal on stream, no problems with it whatsoever and listen to the RB commentary, as the stream is anything up to a minute behind, if there is a goal you know when it's coming.

Thanks for that, hesgoal always pretty reliable,  just could not get any enthusiasm to get myself down to the Gate for this one tonight! I always turn the radio commentary off though, so I can pretend I am watching it live...

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

COYRs

South Glos will collect tree if you subscribe to green bin collection, you just need to leave it next to Green bin, but if over 6ft you need to chop the top off!

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Messing about with kick off times means that , yet again, Mrs Isewater has made commitments for our  Saturday night and I won’t be able see the match live . 

Still Cheese and Wine with Alain and Theresa makes up for my lack of sporting pleasure.

:badmood:

Welcome to the high life .

Sounds like a coded phrase for something quite decadent, Major;)

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Messing about with kick off times means that , yet again, Mrs Isewater has made commitments for our  Saturday night and I won’t be able see the match live . 

Still Cheese and Wine with Alain and Theresa makes up for my lack of sporting pleasure.

:badmood:

Welcome to the high life .

I will be having Cheddar Cheese and Red Wine with Crackers while watching a stream and listening to RB. Who says us silver surfers can't multitask?  Come On You Reds!

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

...and dangling your feet in the Malago..

I could dangle my feet in the local duck pond, but at this time of the year with minus temperatures, I don't think it's a good idea. Anyway, last time I saw the Malago it was about two inches deep.

Archived