IGNORED

Over 20k sold for Wolves

Bar BS3

Work colleague of mine is an away season ticket holder for Wolves of which they have 1600!  

He says Wolves have been arguing with City over the allocation wanting 3,600 but they have only been given 3,200 because of segregation requirements.

I personally am waiting in eager anticipation for the announcement of the away fan numbers as part of the overall attendance on Sunday.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't know why any City fan would want to follow us at Molineux.

I've seen City turning over giants like Manure, Arsenal, Spurs, Wham, Liverpool, Leeds on their own patches but after seven visits to Wolves, I have yet to see us record such an event.

I'm only 75 years, so I presume that if I can last another couple of decades, I'll be able to see it happen when Wolves are on another fast run to Division Four in three successive relegations. They couldn't even leave that ignominious honour with us! But at least they will then hold the record on their own.

Looking forward to Sunday. Should be entertaining with both sides going for a win.

I saw us draw 0-0 when we were down to 9 men, because of injuries after subs. I always think I remember Andy Cole filling in at Left back, as we hung on for the draw! 

Was one of my first away games. Early 90’s it must have been, stood on a vast terrace. 

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I saw us draw 0-0 when we were down to 9 men, because of injuries after subs. I always think I remember Andy Cole filling in at Left back, as we hung on for the draw! 

Was one of my first away games. Early 90’s it must have been, stood on a vast terrace. 

December '92 is the only 0-0 between us in that time period (that I could find)

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

December '92 is the only 0-0 between us in that time period (that I could find)

That must be it. I went carol singing with my mate to get the money to go..!

That would have been particularly impressive, if it hadn’t been a December match..! ??

29 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Why the need for reducing allocation anyway? I don't recall Wolves fans being that bad a bunch.  Unlike their mascot of course ?

Since promotion back to the championship under GJ, things have been pretty lively off the pitch, between us & Wolves!! 

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Remember going to Wolves opening day early 90's lost 3-1 think Bull scored a couple and it all kicked off. Think Martin Scott scored.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Matt Hewlett & Mike Wyatts debut, iirc. 

That was the game where a load of ours got locked out as it wasn't all ticket, think we had about 4k up there that day.

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Matt Hewlett & Mike Wyatts debut, iirc. 

Think Cyril Regis played in that game and he ran in for a tackle on one of these lads (think Matt Hewlett) right in front of me. That must of hurt. Ouch!!

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That was the game where a load of ours got locked out as it wasn't all ticket, think we had about 4k up there that day.

Person behind me at turnstiles had not missed City match for years but didn't get in. Chaos when they said it was full. Glad i drank my pint in time.

1 minute ago, RedReynard said:

Think Cyril Regis played in that game and he ran in for a tackle on one of these lads (think Matt Hewlett) right in front of me. That must of hurt. Ouch!!

Person behind me at turnstiles had not missed City match for years but didn't get in. Chaos when they said it was full. Glad i drank my pint in time.

Really..?! Cyril Regis..? 

I thought he retired before I started watching football! 

I could be totally wrong, but I’d have thought I’d have noticed if he was playing, purely because he was one of the random “Match” or “shoot” player posters I had on my wall as a kid..! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..?! Cyril Regis..? 

I thought he retired before I started watching football! 

I could be totally wrong, but I’d have thought I’d have noticed if he was playing, purely because he was one of the random “Match” or “shoot” player posters I had on my wall as a kid..! 

Was playing until 1996, and was at Wolves until 1994.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

@WolfOfWestStreet answer is always on the official site

image.png

Well I went on Bristol Sport ticket page where I bought my tickets and it said nothing about potd so I thought I'd ask around. 

But thanks for answering my question you may have helped increase the attendance by two, even though I found your response quite patronising. 

6 hours ago, Le Grande Homme said:

Work colleague of mine is an away season ticket holder for Wolves of which they have 1600!  

He says Wolves have been arguing with City over the allocation wanting 3,600 but they have only been given 3,200 because of segregation requirements.

I personally am waiting in eager anticipation for the announcement of the away fan numbers as part of the overall attendance on Sunday.

I also read something similar on Twitter (So not necessarily true!) with the allocation being 3,200.

Sounds like we met in the middle in terms of the allocation agreed with Wolves, and I expect the Swansea game / SAG played a part in this decision.

In other news, some of the bickering on this thread is ridiculous, but I guess as others have said, if away allocations, kick off times, FA Cup games against Premier League opposition not being desirable and a drum in away ends is all we have to moan about, then we must be going through pretty good times.

17 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Is potd confirmed yet, trying to talk a few pals at work into it 

So with BCFC in the best form for a decade, Premiership opposition at home and a place in the FA Cup quarter finals at stake ..... and you have to talk them into it??

The impressive feat would be to talk a few pals out of it. 

13 hours ago, Super said:

Remember going to Wolves opening day early 90's lost 3-1 think Bull scored a couple and it all kicked off. Think Martin Scott scored.

Was that the game Joe Jordan got into a fight on the sidelines with the Wolves manager, before the days of technical areas. Can’t remember who the Wolves manager was at the time. This was before their gown was redeveloped and there was a huge space behind the dugouts, I think they rotated the pitch when they did build their stand, or that was the plan at the time? There were thousands of us there that day. Certainly added to the tensions with the managers fighting.

46 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So with BCFC in the best form for a decade, Premiership opposition at home and a place in the FA Cup quarter finals at stake ..... and you have to talk them into it??

The impressive feat would be to talk a few pals out of it. 

Interesting how many people were reporting that they had loads of calls/texts from random “mates”/family/colleagues, all begging for access to tickets for the Man Utd game, yet there are still tickets left for this game, at superb prices. Where is their interest now..?!

Yes, I know that Wolves aren’t Man Utd, but come on..! This is a potentially historic game, chance to reach the quarter finals for the first time in nearly half a century, against a team sat 7th in the Prem. 

Archived