IGNORED

Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day 32

Septic Peg

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Sorry but....YES!!!! Excellent news! Bloody annoyingly good player he is. I have said recently, I give Preston a chance of creeping into playoffs. Very impressive side you have there.

Basically have to beat you next week to stay in the hunt, I reckon. Our record since October is solid top 6 form but unfortunately our shocking start has left us playing catch up.

Norwich looked a seriously good side. They win the ball off you easily, and when they pour forward they look like they could score from every attack. 

No surprise they have scored so many goals/hammered so many teams/had so many late comebacks. 

No disgrace losing to the odd goal in five up there. 

5 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Played well but beaten by better team over whole game. Very proud of the lads and the unbeaten/winning run! 

HOWEVER this was a game we could have easily won had LJ not made substitution/formation mistakes. Wright should have been swapped half time, The 3 subs made no sense or impact on the game, and moving COD to left wing back was baffling as he was our main attacking outlet. 

easily won?  I too wanted BW to be brought off but I dont think this would of made it any easier for us! Norwich found a few extra gears 2nd half that we couldnt cope with. I think if we had a better strikers  we could of drawn but that would of been no easy task. I do completely agree with  Cod being our best attacking outlet and he was finding space between the norwich defence and midfield.

31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Johnson was given a yellow card after the game. Looked like he was complaining about the blatant penalty that wasn't given.

I'm not too down about that. We have it a good go but Norwich just had that extra bit of quality that we lack.

Yeh that was never a pen 

The Norwich fans sound relieved at the final whistle. https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/123165-norwich-city-vs-bristol-city-match-thread/&page=5

Beating a team that has not been beaten since November whilst going behind twice is fantastic (even though i'd rather we didn't go behind in the first place!)

Yes, huge result. We never looked "poor"; we looked nervy and off the pace early on. But you have to give Bristol some credit for that. Fortunately Emi's statutory silly challenge was well outside the penalty area this time.

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Really good performance today against comfortably the best side in the league. 

Play like that and we will be in the playoffs no doubt. 

My money would be on 7th. Might even actually put a bet on us not making the play offs as that might give us a chance. My bets never ever come in - so hoping I'm as wrong as usual.

For the first time in ages we got caught as 3 units, we’ve been nice and compact of late....and players not quite doing enough / working hard enough running towards their own goal.

They are allowed one of these these after the run we’ve had, same LJ for me too.

Tonight is not the night to pick up every single mistake / flaw.

Context.  21 points from 8 games.  2 points clear of 7th.  6pts clear of 8th having played less games (2 less in some cases) then all of them.  The boys and staff have got us into a really good position.

Lets get right behind them on Tuesday.  Derby might possibly have boosted the mood already on Monday night.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For the first time in ages we got caught as 3 units, we’ve been nice and compact of late....and players not quite doing enough / working hard enough running towards their own goal.

They are allowed one of these these after the run we’ve had, same LJ for me too.

Context.  21 points from 8 games.  2 points clear of 7th.  6pts clear of 8th having played less games (2 less in some cases) then all of them.  The boys and staff have got us into a really good position.

Lets get right behind them on Tuesday.  Derby might possibly have boosted the mood already on Monday night.

One main issue was getting dispossessed too many times in Midfield. Also, runners across our box caused total panic, with Wright often dragged out of position. Oddly Pukki was not a major threat albeit he is good at standing still, an underrated skill. Did so and held up well for the third, which was a great finish to be fair.

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

One main issue was getting dispossessed too many times in Midfield. Also, runners across our box caused total panic, with Wright often dragged out of position. Oddly Pukki was not a major threat albeit he is good at standing still, an underrated skill. Did so and held up well for the third, which was a great finish to be fair.

Yes, they hunted in packs off a sideways pass or loose touch in the middle.  Good side, very well drilled.

40 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The only thing that LJ could have got more wrong today was putting his shoes on the wrong feet.

He had halftime to make the one change that everybody could see needed to happen, replacing Wright with Pisano and he failed to do it and then his 3 substitutions beggared belief, Wright and Pack were poor for the whole 90 minutes but somehow stayed on.

Taylor should be ashamed of his pathetic dive in the last minute.

LJ has quite rightly received most of the plaudits for our long unbeaten run, tonight he needs to be humble and honest, this one is down to him.

Thanks @ReggyRed for your stunning critique, i’m sure a Booker prize awaits.

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

This is being hyper critical, but wonder if Frankie will be a little disappointed by their third? No compliant about the result, but Frankie has always had a relative weakspot on shots along the ground from 20 yards or so. Maybe I am being a bit unfair.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, they hunted in packs off a sideways pass or loose touch in the middle.  Good side, very well drilled.

A very good side. I thought second half they really upped it and could have scored more than two. The lad on the wing, Hernandez was my man of the match, we could not handle him.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

This is being hyper critical, but wonder if Frankie will be a little disappointed by their third? No compliant about the result, but Frankie has always had a relative weakspot on shots along the ground from 20 yards or so. Maybe I am being a bit unfair.

Yes you are being unfair - great strike.

Listened to the match on bbc brizzle, really proud of the lads, pity LJ did not think enough about the Subs, poor timing and even poorer selections which took the game away from us.

No shame in losing to the top team, but we will never know how much the substitutions hurt us until the race to promotion is over.

COYR

1 minute ago, dave36 said:

Listened to the match on bbc brizzle, really proud of the lads, pity LJ did not think enough about the Subs, poor timing and even poorer selections which took the game away from us.

No shame in losing top the top team, but we will never know how much the substitutions hurt us until the race to promotion is over.

COYR

He has just said that he thought we may as well go for it even if we conceded again.

I think he was conscious of the number of times Norwich have scored late in their games and wanted to give us some freshness and energy.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not having a go at LJ as I’m not surprised he went for it second half but we did seem to lose our shape after the substitutions imo. 

2 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

It will be interesting to see how LJ and the players respond to this rare league defeat, certainly didn’t disgrace ourselves today so we should be confident of getting the results we want in the upcoming fixtures...starting with Brum Tuesday COYR

This was always the thing as the run became longer but to end it against top of league, away, in a five goal cracker is probably the best way for it to happen. I kind of get the feeling that these lads take offence to losing now. 

Archived