IGNORED

Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day 32

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair....we don't have any better options 

This is it,,,, you dont go awayvto norwich chasing the game with a front 3 of taylor weimann and watkins and expect to get much out of it. They just arent good enough.

heroic effort from the boys over the last few months though.

The only thing that LJ could have got more wrong today was putting his shoes on the wrong feet.

He had halftime to make the one change that everybody could see needed to happen, replacing Wright with Pisano and he failed to do it and then his 3 substitutions beggared belief, Wright and Pack were poor for the whole 90 minutes but somehow stayed on.

Taylor should be ashamed of his pathetic dive in the last minute.

LJ has quite rightly received most of the plaudits for our long unbeaten run, tonight he needs to be humble and honest, this one is down to him.

2 minutes ago, intercity said:

agreed Fiale - the subs made little sense to me and didnt have the impact you'd want. In the end Norwich looked good for the win. 

Norwich were in total control, thats why LJ try to throw a curveball. We would've lost either way

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Johnson was given a yellow card after the game. Looked like he was complaining about the blatant penalty that wasn't given.

I'm not too down about that. We have it a good go but Norwich just had that extra bit of quality that we lack.

Not convinced on the penalty, looked as Taylor was looking for the contact and went down too quickly especially as he was standing still. If he’d have been turning with the ball then perhaps a different outcome.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Massive respect for what LJ has done, but when you have someone as good as Eliasson you have to bring him on!

If Eliasson would’ve come on at 3-2 it would’ve been a shot in the foot imo. Not a player for away games for me & would’ve been hugely outmuscled by their midfield. 

6 minutes ago, AberRed said:

We were very competitive away at the league leaders but unfortunately lost a league game for the first time since November.

Important to keep this in perspective!

As long we do not revert to the bi-annual dire run. Show a lot of coaching skill and player character if we can win v Brum.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Didn’t get going second half / weren’t allowed to get going.  Too many players not imposing themselves second half.

But they’ve had a great run and no disgrace v Norwich.

We’re still right in this. Game in hand on most and a 6 point gap to 8th . A bit too much for us today second half , they’re a good side. Bring on Tuesday 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Millwall 0 preston 3!

Finished 3-1, good result but a 10th yellow of the season for Pearson has taken the gloss off a bit. Banned for 2 games, starting with the Bristol City game next week. Very likely that Ryan Ledson will step in to replace him.

I thought you were excellent.

second only to Sheffield United in terms of teams we’ve played since we hit our stride back in autumn.

if that’s representative of how you play generally you’ll be in the playoffs no bother. All unbeaten runs end eventually (although on another day it might not have been today, could easily have been a draw or bc win) it’s  how you bounce back that matters.

i’ll come back tomorrow when you’ve had a chance to take stock. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If Eliasson would’ve come on at 3-2 it would’ve been a shot in the foot imo. Not a player for away games for me & would’ve been hugely outmuscled by their midfield. 

I would of rather Eliasson came on for instead of Palmer or Watkins , much more chance of creating something from nothing from Eliasson .

With the nonsense of talk of wobbling wheels here’s a little perspective.

Despite today’s result we’re still 6th and we’re 6 points clear of 8th with a game in hand. We have an opportunity to pull further clear with a win on Tuesday, and we have a home game to come against Derby, whose own form is patchy at best.

This was probably our toughest remaining game and our performance level still looks high to me - as it did against Wolves.

Every reason to remain very positive about a season few of us expected much from.

COYR!

7 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Finished 3-1, good result but a 10th yellow of the season for Pearson has taken the gloss off a bit. Banned for 2 games, starting with the Bristol City game next week. Very likely that Ryan Ledson will step in to replace him.

Least our unbeaten run wasnt ended by PNE, as would have been the most predicatable thing ever

Thought we deserved a point. Absolutely gutted for the lads after giving their all. I guess the 3 subs were just a roll of the dice, if Watkins effort had gone in we’d be saying master stroke. Anyway, what a great game to watch. Toe to toe with top of the league at their place. COYR.

1 minute ago, Canary_Yellow said:

I thought you were excellent.

second only to Sheffield United in terms of teams we’ve played since we hit our stride back in autumn.

if that’s representative of how you play generally you’ll be in the playoffs no bother. All unbeaten runs end eventually (although on another day it might not have been today, could easily have been a draw or bc win) it’s  how you bounce back that matters.

i’ll come back tomorrow when you’ve had a chance to take stock. 

Thanks, no complaints with the result at all, second hand you were simply too good for us on the day. Maybe on another day we nick something, but cannot see you failing to hit top two. Decent game, and much prefer open games than some you get in this league. 

11 minutes ago, intercity said:

agreed Fiale - the subs made little sense to me and didnt have the impact you'd want. In the end Norwich looked good for the win. 

Agreed. I could understand what we were trying to do with the subs, but unfortunately we didn’t have the players to do it. We looked weaker with the subs and an experienced Norwich made us pay. As previously said it’s no disgrace, just got to start again on Tuesday before Preston take the points Saturday, or maybe this season they will have to at least fight to get them.

No great shame losing away to a side like this in a game like this.

First half we were excellent, O'Dowda's goal lovely stuff.  For a while though in that 2nd half we just couldn't get out. Norwich were fairly relentless.

Let's try and start another run starting Tuesday night. On the downside I fear our top 2 hopes all but gone?

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

With the nonsense of talk of wobbling wheels here’s a little perspective.

Despite today’s result we’re still 6th and we’re 6 points clear of 8th with a game in hand. We have an opportunity to pull further clear with a win on Tuesday, and we have a home game to come against Derby, whose own form is patchy at best.

This was probably our toughest remaining game and our performance level still looks high to me - as it did against Wolves.

Every reason to remain very positive about a season few of us expected much from.

COYR!

Well said sir.

Played well but beaten by better team over whole game. Very proud of the lads and the unbeaten/winning run! 

HOWEVER this was a game we could have easily won had LJ not made substitution/formation mistakes. Wright should have been swapped half time, The 3 subs made no sense or impact on the game, and moving COD to left wing back was baffling as he was our main attacking outlet. 

Archived