IGNORED

City charged over Villa

hertsexile

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Non story. FA issue a fine to any club who get 6+ bookings in any game. It’s automatic when that happens. 

Tbh mate this looks like it’s another charge altogether, surrounding and voicing their displeasure at the Ref after he gave that joke of a decision. I’m expecting another charge to follow....

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Tbh mate this looks like it’s another charge altogether, surrounding and voicing their displeasure at the Ref after he gave that joke of a decision. I’m expecting another charge to follow....

Oh well if that’s the case then it’s ridiculous..! 

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Being "mean" and upsetting the feelings of FA hero Scott Duncan online by altering his Wiki page

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He’ll probably be promoted to the Premier League list of Referee’s after that shambles, so he probably wouldn’t care.

I love watching referees like that on TV. They are a ******* scream. I just don't like them reffing Bristol City games :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Knowing our luck if/when we go up, who will we get in our inaugural game there- and probably some important mid-season and late season ones too...

You mean he could end up following us around like a bad dose

If his middle name is Tom he has the initials STD

25 minutes ago, Pezo said:

This is a good point with what we had with Bailey Wright - how does that not apply in this scenario. 

Truthfully- it's typical FA.

Launch a new campaign, pick out a few random/moderate profile examples then forget all about it. Rinse and repeat- typical FA! Those initials are well chosen in their case I must say, what they do or should stand for.

We were just unfortunate putting aside big club favouritism theories, that it occurred right at the start of their latest 'campaign'.

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You mean he could end up following us around like a bad dose

Ha, would be typical...

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Hopefully will allow the club to present film evidence of the ref's decision which was the cause of any protest by our players

The standard of refereeing at this level, and others probably, needs to improve dramatically to cope adequately with the modern game

Hopefully City will invest in proper legal representation.  Will be worth every penny - not only to us for this incident but for the division as a whole if spotlight is turned on to the often unacceptable level of refereeing 

Yes agree with this that lunatic should be nowhere near a whistle again these goons need to be reprimanded for being given a bung from the big club syndrome

4 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

This won’t be popular.

Having played amateur football for 25 years and followed BCFC and football all my life I can only recall a handful of occasions when a ref has changed their mind about a decision they have made. Usually this has occurred following a discussion with another official.

I can not think of any occasion when players complaining has resulted in a ref changing their decision, although I have (rarely) seen requests from players to consult the Lino being taken up by the ref. 

As frustrating and hopeless as this is I am bound to conclude that confronting officials achieves nothing, other than in this case, further punishment. 

Officials are human, they make mistakes and in reality aren’t going to reverse a decision. Being a professional (or even an amateur) sportsperson really means you have to come to terms with this, even if it is totally infuriating and unjust.

We will also be fined for picking up so many yellow cards in the game.

Off to put on my hard hat.

You say officials are only human [Although a DNA test for Duncan might prove otherwise], and so surely by the same token are players?  In their frustration and sense of injustice, and with andrenaline pumping.........they confront the official.  It's high stakes in professional sport, and I totally get it, and don't blame them one bit for reacting.  Ok so it's illogical.........but so was his feckin refereeing!!

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

How ironic would it be for us to beat Villa at Wembley in the PO Final #sweetrevenge

If Karma really does exist...... ??

90 (+5) UNBELIEVABLE SCENES AT WEMBLEY PENALTY TO BRISTOL CITY!!!

Villa, Sky Sports, but most of all Scott Duncan will be foaming at the mouth at this decision to award Bristol City a penalty here, From a late Bristol City corner, Connor Hourihane goes down in his own penalty area and falls into Jack Hunt, and the Ref points straight to the spot, replays show just what a diving shithouse he is, as he tries to cheat his way past Bristol City again, in his own penalty area this time trying relieve the pressure on his side from the corner but takes out Hunt in doing so. Incredible.

90 (+6) GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL DIEDHIOU!!!!

90 (+7) ALL OVER BRISTOL CITY ARE PROMOTED!!! Despite 4th Official Scott Duncan trying his best to add on another 20mins injury time, and sending the entire City bench to the stands they’ve done it!

Karma they say.....

Surely we have a good case as we can go and show our disciplinary record this season and point out that this match wasn’t niggly or bad tempered as such, even though there was a lot riding on it. We had just played WBA for example in the same situation and it wasn’t a card fest.

If we can prove that normally Referees don’t usually find refereeing us a problem then the spotlight goes back on Scott Duncan and his team, but like as stated it’s one of their own so will they do anything, not likely.

15 hours ago, hertsexile said:

Nothing as yet city have until 23rd April to respond. Wonder what the reaction will be?

City inevitably will be fined & referee gets away Scot free for being told he is wrong 

Then the referee should be fined for not implementing the correct rules, but he won't, the EFL will cover it, for 2 incorrect decisions, 

16 hours ago, hertsexile said:

City have been charged for failing to control their players following the outrageous penalty awarded by the referee. It is a shame that the clubs and mangers have no real way of complaining about a referees performance without being charged!! Shocking 

What is the point in complaining about a refs performance though? Even if he is then punished by dropping down the leagues, that won’t change the result from the day and the impact that had on a season.

As frustrating as it is, there is little point in complaining after the event.

Archived