IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

20 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Every time I come on the site I look forward to a ‘***** signs’.

Every time it’s talk of another leaving or someone we were chasing signing for someone else. 

Come on City. We know you’re keeping the Kalas signing back and will use it as a sop to the supporters when Webster departs but ... something else must be going on! 

Lummydaze.... We’ve lost our keeper, centre back, left back, reserve centre back/left back, and have the the third most wasteful striker in the division. We’ve currently got a massive hole in our first team squad. 

Getting to a time when you need to give us one decent signing to get some momentum going.

I reckon the club will be issuing an appeal to able bodied fans to bring their boots along to the opening games, given our lack of transfer activity and player departures. 

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Back on topic. If Everton are seriously after Webster. Be very hard to stand in his way. Would be a fantastic move for him

It would.

We alll have to remember that these guys are professional football players and, in the main, but there are exceptions, they don’t play for the club they support, they play to earn a living and to get to the highest level they can.

I have no doubt that Adam Webster did not grow up dreaming of playing for us.......

If a club come in and match our valuation and offer the player a contract that he finds acceptable, he will be gone. You can be certain about that.

Just my opinion but I don’t think the club will allow Webster to leave for anything less than £20m he’s an integral part of this team and if we weren’t to sign Kalas this summer losing them both, plus Kelly and DaSilva I’d have serious doubts about whether we’d stay up this season coming unless major reinforcements came in. 

Apart from maybe Everton the clubs he has been linked with I can’t see any of them paying anywhere near £20m.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Back on topic. If Everton are seriously after Webster. Be very hard to stand in his way. Would be a fantastic move for him

I’m not so sure. Would be be first choice? 

I thought Gibson would be good for Burnley, but because he was 3rd choice he hardly featured. Could see the same happening to Webby.

15 minutes ago, Selred said:

I’m not so sure. Would be be first choice? 

I thought Gibson would be good for Burnley, but because he was 3rd choice he hardly featured. Could see the same happening to Webby.

They have Keane and Mina. Who else? If he went he could quickly be ahead of either of those 

35 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They have Keane and Mina. Who else? If he went he could quickly be ahead of either of those 

Now let’s not be hasty, he’s had one very good season in the championship. He isn’t a cert to get ahead of two internationals, plus also potentially Zouma.

And no one leaves when on a long contract unless it suits all parties, and that would include a suitable replacement lined up and ready. 

Be mellow with it, ? What will be will be but no way will we suffer if he does go. 

When Flint went we thought it was the end of time, when in effect we got better. 

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Could also be good for us if they are, Everton in recent history have paid big money if they seriously want the player, could legitimately be the club to pay £20m for Webster if he goes. Also at the standard where its really only going to be one of the big 6 who take him if he moves upwards and those fees have been £50m so a decent sell on and we could be in again. 

7 hours ago, Selred said:

Now let’s not be hasty, he’s had one very good season in the championship. He isn’t a cert to get ahead of two internationals, plus also potentially Zouma.

He’s had two good seasons in the championship. I’m not a fan of Keane so certainly think he can leapfrog him for club and country. 

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Don’t get carried away 

He could be better but he isn’t, one is an established prem player with international experience

Webber has along way to go to even be on par with Keane so as you rightly point out, don’t get carried away

22 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Can you remember where? The best pub near the Shay was definitely The Three Pigeons. Mind you, the Halifax supporters club had to be seen to be believed. The decor was straight out of a Victorian hotel, either that or someone had kitted the place out from a disused theatre. Plush velvet and flock everywhere. 

Not a lots changed in Halifax since the days of Juliet Bravo!

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Got to love Villa fans.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/18547-summer-transfer-the-press-know-nothing-window-2019/?do=findComment&comment=2695085

Thinks we should be begging for anything over £5m!

"I'm sure Adam Webster is a good player, and would be happy for us to sign him. But he is still a Championship CB, 24 years old and has no England U20 or U21 caps. Surly he would jump on the chance to play in the Premier League and for us. Bristol C come on, could probably buy almost the rest of their staring eleven for £10M. They should be happy and down on their knees begging for anything over £5M".  

... balanced though, by the next poster ...

"No different to us asking for a big fee for Grealish. It’s what they are worth to the team/club not so much ability. Bristol City are well within their rights to ask for an excessive fee just as we were for Grealish".

I've always been ambivalent towards Villa but in the last couple of years they've grown into my "most despised" category. Can't think why!

43 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Perhaps you are over egging how good Keane is then. 

Keane has 100+ games at Premier League level. That's more than Webby has at Championship level.

Keane is a good performer in a league with world class players, Webster is a good player in a league of good players.

You cannot say Webster is better than Keane, as they haven't had the same tests. 

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

Keane has 100+ games at Premier League level. That's more than Webby has at Championship level.

Keane is a good performer in a league with world class players, Webster is a good player in a league of good players.

You cannot say Webster is better than Keane, as they haven't had the same tests. 

I’m pretty sure I can and I have. 

Who is better, Max Aarons or Matt Lawton?  Reece James or Kiko?  Kelvin Phillips our Ashley Westwood? 

Players from the Championship can be better than Premier League players without having played there. That’s why they get signed 

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’m pretty sure I can and I have. 

Who is better, Max Aarons or Matt Lawton?  Reece James or Kiko?  Kelvin Phillips our Ashley Westwood

Players from the Championship can be better than Premier League players without having played there. That’s why they get signed 

Yes, they can. But you're comparing them with average Burnley players. who finished 15th.

This is comparing Webster with Keane, who is an England international, and Mina, a Columbian international & ex Barca, who finished 8th.

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes, they can. But you're comparing them with average Burnley players. who finished 15th.

This is comparing Webster with Keane, who is an England international, and Mina, a Columbian international & ex Barca, who finished 8th.

It’s like saying pukki is better then Harry Kane because he scored more goals and assists,

keane is a regular in a top 10 prem side, a well established side at that,

webster is a good player but he isn’t that good compared 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"I'm sure Adam Webster is a good player, and would be happy for us to sign him. But he is still a Championship CB, 24 years old and has no England U20 or U21 caps. Surly he would jump on the chance to play in the Premier League and for us. Bristol C come on, could probably buy almost the rest of their staring eleven for £10M. They should be happy and down on their knees begging for anything over £5M".  

... balanced though, by the next poster ...

"No different to us asking for a big fee for Grealish. It’s what they are worth to the team/club not so much ability. Bristol City are well within their rights to ask for an excessive fee just as we were for Grealish".

I've always been ambivalent towards Villa but in the last couple of years they've grown into my "most despised" category. Can't think why!

Given we sold a player who was not a guaranteed pick for £13m plus, I think we can safely say they are as thick as they are obnoxious.

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Given we sold a player who was not a guaranteed pick for £13m plus, I think we can safely say they are as thick as they are obnoxious.

It's almost worth it them flouting or seemingly flouting FFP, if we never have to play them or hear from them again.

Almost though, not quite- still hope it catches up with them and the sooner the better.

Archived