IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two of our goals disallowed, 2 penalties against us.

That's very "unfortunate" stuff- seemed Diedhiou took it very well too?

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

two penalties against us and two disallowed goals? A bit controversial!

3 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Robbed against PNE, 2 disallowed goals & 2 penalties against us.

Don't lose against the teams against the top is the aim though, so a draw away isn't the worst result.

Hang on, they both looked like penalties to me!

The Diedhiou one I thought was harsh but really we had enough promising moments to win that game and didn't quite do enough. 

No need for excuses. We're very good away from home and had the better of the game.

But, we can moan if we want but Williams went up to catch the ball ffs!

1 minute ago, Ecko said:

******* fuming...how incompetent can one be in their job? 

That Referee performance is right up there with the bell end that we had at Villa last season. Cost us the game today. Seemed to cave in to the “don’t know what you’re  doing chants” just after our second. One way officiating after that

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Hang on, they both looked like penalties to me!

The Diedhiou one I thought was harsh but really we had enough promising moments to win that game and didn't quite do enough. 

No need for excuses. We're very good away from home and had the better of the game.

But, we can moan if we want but Williams went up to catch the ball ffs!

Nothing wrong with Fammy’s goal. 

9 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Robbed against PNE, 2 disallowed goals & 2 penalties against us.

Don't lose against the teams against the top is the aim though, so a draw away isn't the worst result.

You can't really say robbed when the two penalties we got were stone wall. I think we had more decent opportunities than you did - not chances as such, but more promising situations. I think a draw is a fair result tbh for two teams who quite obviously weren't on the top of their game. 

Conceding from three set pieces is farcical from our point of view but it's obviously a weakness and your management team have exploited that, as well as our useless keeper. 

1 minute ago, UpTheWhites said:

You can't really say robbed when the two penalties we got were stone wall. I think we had more decent opportunities than you did - not chances as such, but more promising situations. I think a draw is a fair result tbh for two teams who quite obviously weren't on the top of their game. 

Conceding from three set pieces is farcical from our point of view but it's obviously a weakness and your management team have exploited that, as well as our useless keeper. 

No mention of either disallowed goals? funny that. we deserved all 3 points - you got lucky.

1 minute ago, UpTheWhites said:

Like to see the 1st pen again, think it was massively soft

3 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

The first penalty was an absolute nonsense.

The second was a pen.

Bauer clambers over Baker and that's fine, Diedhiou outmuscles defender who slips. Foul.

Ref was your best player.

A good point in the cold light of day but any team that gets only one of five contentious decisions go their way on the day is bound to feel like they were robbed.

Given the injuries we still have this will be a decent point at a place where we traditionally struggle and against a team who had a 100% home league record going into today.

Just doesn’t feel like it right now!!!!!

With what is on the line in the championship the refereeing is absolutely shocking. Not to mention they have taken some to go to the premier league to watch over the farcical VAR teams. 

We scored two from set pieces where the keeper complained, neither looked like anything wrong in them, and the ref absolutely crumbles. It was probably 90/10 in favour of PNE for the rest of the match. An absolute joke of a referee who also disallowed Fam’s goal because he was leaning into a defender who was all over him. Not to mention the linesman and ref missing the foul on Baker for their third. Both hands on his shoulders preventing him from jumping and gaining an advantage in the jump. I don’t think I am rose tinted as many looking back at decisions but the ref absolutely cost us 3 points today and it is unbelievable the amount of points we lose to weak refs. 

As for the game for us, we lacked the quality up front to put this away at times. We probably could have had 4 first half with Afobe. I know he is out now but just used as an example of what could have been with some extra movement. Semenyo very anonymous first half. Livened up second but only had 10 min. Needs to realise he needs to be at that level all the time. Still needs more minutes but glad he got the start. Weimann did Weimann things. Worked hard but one of those games where he lacked sharpness and quality I thought

Midfield actually stifled Preston’s for large portions of this game which makes a change. Not Palmer, Brownhill or Massengo’s best day but the worked so hard I can’t fault any of them. 

Defence I thought was solid as well. First goal was a soft penalty awarded. Second an unlucky but bit silly mistake to make by Williams. Third was a foul. Baker was a bit quick to lump it for me but generally good performance considering he went off very early last week. I am glad he wasn’t on the bench for precautionary reasons. 

Preston had loads of energy but had the look of an overachieving side. Thought their keeper was awful. Their midfield very good again but we were much closer to matching them. None of their strikers bothered us. Their back 4 unimpressive as again, thought with better striker movement we could have had more first half. 

Archived