IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

8 minutes ago, Red said:

Shows what we are missing without Afobe.

We scored 3 and had two disallowed. I think on any other day we probably win the game comfortably but this is a) PNE and b) the ref was a homer 

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Weimann did look offside. I could see what the first pen was for, didn't show a reply on Robins TV. I don't know what the complaints were about for our second. Looked a perfectly good goal to me and Moore's goal was fine.

As was Diedhiou's in my view.

Oh well, I was worried they would get a 4th, so at least a point was gained.

Weimann looks off and has a good view along the line could maybe have done a little better there. I think if you are allowing their third then you can't disallow Fammy's but if I'm honest I don't think I would have given either of them. 

Hard not to be partisan about refereeing - but that was shocking today.

First two goals, no issues. Generally he let the game flow - then buckled under the pressure, gave an inconsistent decision that led to a soft first penalty.

Should have been a second yellow for Johnson.

Second pen, no arguments. Their 3rd goal is never a goal if Fam's is disallowed. For me, their 3rd was more disallowable than Fam's, all day long.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Weimann looks off and has a good view along the line could maybe have done a little better there. I think if you are allowing their third then you can't disallow Fammy's but if I'm honest I don't think I would have given either of them. 

I must have missed the infringement by Fammy, I thought that he looked stronger in the challenge and the defender slipped.

I was watching from France though! ?

30 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A good point in the cold light of day but any team that gets only one of five contentious decisions go their way on the day is bound to feel like they were robbed.

Given the injuries we still have this will be a decent point at a place where we traditionally struggle and against a team who had a 100% home league record going into today.

Just doesn’t feel like it right now!!!!!

Which 5 were contentious?

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ref was undoubtedly a homer. But we all get those occasionally and it’s something we have to put up with.  A point at Preston isn’t a bad one, they’re a decent side (and to be fair, I quite like them). 

Point at Preston IS decent yes.

The number of chances we created- excellent.

Serious problems with the officiating. Last homer we had in our favour was...?

I wonder in general whether we really need to get on the refs case more often at AG, look at Stoke fans to Brownhill 2 weeks ago and Preston's fans today!

Nakedly partisan, not necessarily about fair play and the spirit of the game but can work!

34 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

You can't really say robbed when the two penalties we got were stone wall. I think we had more decent opportunities than you did - not chances as such, but more promising situations. I think a draw is a fair result tbh for two teams who quite obviously weren't on the top of their game. 

Conceding from three set pieces is farcical from our point of view but it's obviously a weakness and your management team have exploited that, as well as our useless keeper. 

I completely agree that the pens were stonewall. 

However, you were playing like the away side for large periods of the game and we were so close to scoring several others that you have be honest and say the draw was much better for you on the day.

36 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

You can't really say robbed when the two penalties we got were stone wall. I think we had more decent opportunities than you did - not chances as such, but more promising situations. I think a draw is a fair result tbh for two teams who quite obviously weren't on the top of their game. 

Conceding from three set pieces is farcical from our point of view but it's obviously a weakness and your management team have exploited that, as well as our useless keeper. 

Balanced opinion.

Was definitely a goal though.

Nothing to do with Preston, but I’ve stared to notice over the last 2 seasons that whoever falls over first after some physicality, gets awarded a free kick.

Such a shame the game has gone this way, even greater shame that no one is ever accountable 

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I completely agree that the pens were stonewall. 

However, you were playing like the away side for large periods of the game and we were so close to scoring several others that you have be honest and say the draw was much better for you on the day.

Come on now Mozo, everyone knows that "Bristol City aren't all that" and that Preston gifted us 3 goals!  :)

If you watch the Fammy disallowed goal, the ref must have thought that Fam had used his right arm to push their defender in the back. Doesn't make sense really as the defender had already started to fall prior to any 'contact'. However, the ref would have had a different view as it was more or less in line with him and as we know from watching magicians, illusion is the key.

4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

If you watch the Fammy disallowed goal, the ref must have thought that Fam had used his right arm to push their defender in the back. Doesn't make sense really as the defender had already started to fall prior to any 'contact'. However, the ref would have had a different view as it was more or less in line with him and as we know from watching magicians, illusion is the key.

I'm almost certain he doesn't rule that one out at the other end. Hence the foul on Baker for the third.

Crap refereeing today full stop.

Archived