IGNORED

Bristol City v Reading Match Day 11

Septic Peg

Thank **** for that!

Good start and early goal and well on top playing decent football.

After half time we were a different team, stopped doing everything that got us on top and in the end we were the team hanging on.

3 points though and still unbeaten since the opening day!  :)

That was a very painful watch....not sure what LJ will say in his post-match comments perhaps...

’I said to the boys at half-time, let’s go out there and play as poorly as we can and be second best in every position, for the second 45 minutes, just to see if Reading can score’ 

And breath.

Important win after the small run of draws. Kind of showed where we are at the moment, we battle, we commit, but maybe not quite on the level of a top two side that would have won much more comfortably. Reading really just short of a striker.

Maybe deserved another draw, but three more points. Great time to hit the international break, hopefully after that we are seeing one or two back and we can push on.

Well done today. A real battle.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

That was a very painful watch....not sure what LJ will say in his post-match comments perhaps...

’I said to the boys at half-time, let’s go out there and play as poorly as we can and be second best in every position, for the second 45 minutes, just to see if Reading can score’ 

Let the opposition have the ball, hope to hang on and sneak a goal from a mistake. More Mourinho than Guardiola!

We’ve done fantastically well to have picked up the points that we have with, essentially, the entire spine of our side ripped out through injury.

When the likes of Nagy, Kalas, JD and even Korey Smith come back from injury, I can see us kicking on quite significantly after January. Just at the right time too for the run in .

The strength in depth we have when everyone is fully fit is frightening. Very, very exciting times. 

COYR 

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

There is an issue here....outplayed for much of the games by two lower level sides...something aint quite right. 

I do think this is where we're missing Nagy and Smith. Massengo is being run into the ground by their absences and with an industrious midfield, we should be able to control the game for large parts. We were excellent in the first half and if it continued, we would've battered them as they couldn't handle how quickly we moved the ball. 

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

We’ve done fantastically well to have picked up the points that we have with, essentially, the entire spine of our side ripped out through injury.

When the likes of Nagy, Kalas, JD and even Korey Smith come back from injury, I can see us kicking on quite significantly after January. Just at the right time too for the run in . Very, very exciting times. 

COYR 

Spot on. We’re in play offs with loads first team players out. It’s an amazing achievement and a indicator of how far we have come 

Not related at all but just seen loanee George nurse scored in the 96min for Newport to win the game ! 

Reading outclassed is in midfield second half , after international break would have been a different story with Nagy back imo. Kasey needs to learn how to shoot. Semenyo doesn’t look championship ready I’d prefer smodzic over him as he looked decent recently. 

Motm:Bentley (kept us in the game multiple times) or Williams ( brings experience and calm to a relatively shakey back line 2ndhalf )

Just now, Coppello said:

I do think this is where we're missing Nagy and Smith. Massengo is being run into the ground by their absences and with an industrious midfield, we should be able to control the game for large parts. We were excellent in the first half and if it continued, we would've battered them as they couldn't handle how quickly we moved the ball. 

Hope so Copp 

Thank God for Massengo and Weimann....they were bloody everywhere and along with Bentley kept us going. I thought we battled well but the quality was awful. A great 3 points but a decent side would have tore us apart today. Williams showed all his experience today as well,quality free transfer.

Archived