IGNORED

Ramblings from Sweden

BigTone

This comment has been made with regards to Women's football at high levels. There is, dare I say, an old-fashioned approach to the game and this has attracted a number of fans. Older duffers like me will remember how men's matches were played in good spirit and with gentlemanly manners - no cheating, diving, sledging or the like. Today's encounters are full of such negative aspects mentioned above, which has lead to the campaign for 'Real Football'. I understand that some do not find women's football interesting, but it does have some advantages.

17 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

In 20 years time women football will overtake men football. This has already happened in handball. Women are far more technically skilled than men and also honour fair play. 

Credit to them.

:laughcont:

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

This is what will happen. They got better split vision and are as technically skilled. As said this is already a fact in handball although the sponsors in full not yet might have catched the ball.  

No one gives a shit about handball. And stop chatting bollocks 

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Under 10s 

Under 10's and under 12's as far as I know, It then changes to same sex matches I think

Very odd. Physical presence is very different. U19 teams of the PL Swedish sides still easily beat the women national team. Mainly due to physically. Would be interesting to see them play the  U16 national team.    

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ok im not being entirely honest here haha.

I've seen the girls academy's this season dish out some beatings. In one of the matches they won by 18 goals.

As said. It will take time. But as said in 20 years we will all watch women football. This has already happened in handball. They might not get the same money but people are watching women handball for the game.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:58, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d like to nominate 

Tony Harling 

:chant6ez:

How good would this be if edited and used to make a big screen team welcome as the Reds emerge from the tunnel...

What a great rallying call to get everyone going pre kick-off.   

It should happen, a unique retro Bristol City rallying call with potential to become a future Gate matchday tradition.. 

Archived