IGNORED

Ramblings from Sweden

BigTone

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

In a bigger perspective 40,000 young people are starving to death each single day and no one gives a toss

If India can send a space rocket into space for the price of 70 million dollars, why does it cost NASA billions? Same goes with those starving in Africa - WE brits ALONE send 20 million every year to help Africa out, being doing so for at least 30yrs, I never send any money because it'll only end up in the hands of all the pirates/war gangs over there. Plus why now? For yeons Africa was fine, its said that the birthplace of humans was in Africa, they survived then, they're still here now, whats really stopping them? I think they've gotten lazy and just rely upon the millions of handouts the rest of the world gives thenm while doing nothing to stop the pirates/gangs and sorting their own country out. Millions walk miles for water... if its that bad, why not live NEXT to the water... and I know sea water is undrinkable, but a simple bowl of the stuff, over a fire, connected to a spiral hose to a lower bowl, will give them fresh water via evaporation to condensation. The left over salt residue from the boiled sea water could be used upon the meat to keep it fresher if they have no freezers, how in the world did we all survive before electricity??

2 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

If India can send a space rocket into space for the price of 70 million dollars, why does it cost NASA billions? Same goes with those starving in Africa - WE brits ALONE send 20 million every year to help Africa out, being doing so for at least 30yrs, I never send any money because it'll only end up in the hands of all the pirates/war gangs over there. Plus why now? For yeons Africa was fine, its said that the birthplace of humans was in Africa, they survived then, they're still here now, whats really stopping them? I think they've gotten lazy and just rely upon the millions of handouts the rest of the world gives thenm while doing nothing to stop the pirates/gangs and sorting their own country out. Millions walk miles for water... if its that bad, why not live NEXT to the water... and I know sea water is undrinkable, but a simple bowl of the stuff, over a fire, connected to a spiral hose to a lower bowl, will give them fresh water via evaporation to condensation. The left over salt residue from the boiled sea water could be used upon the meat to keep it fresher if they have no freezers, how in the world did we all survive before electricity??

In 2015 we sent India 150 million in aid so its kind of shocking that we were giving them aid whilst they were sending rockets into space.

I'm torn on the issue of aid, I read your whole post and found myself nodding with agreement. 

I'm not sure how to put this in a sensitive way but basically I feel there is so much broken in this country that we need to fix before we should even think of sending aid. Look at all the cuts front line vital services are continuing to receive. 

There are people who can't afford to eat or heat their homes, children in poverty and don't even get me started on the NHS or the housing crisis.

There are many people doing great work to help those in Africa (I recently helped raise enough money to build a school out there) and fundraising like that should and will always continue to happen, I just think our government should concentrate on all our problems before taking on others problems.

11 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Anyone got Bob Geldof's mobile number? Or Bono's? Think they both need to be checking OTIB out.

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Anyone got Bob Geldof's mobile number? Or Bono's? Think they both need to be checking OTIB out.

Nah, just a response to Tommy's hijacking of a thread with something entirely unrelated.

It's like my saying "Why are people getting so upset about this when there were 1,400 killed at the Battle of Naseby and that never bothers them, the Dummy Birds".

13 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A bomb close to players bus. A player in shock. Dummy birds get upset. 40,000 young people starving to death each single day. Dummy birds don't give a shit.

Thing is though, if you genuinely gave a shit about the 40, 000 young people starving to death every day, you'd be talking about it all the time and not just be bringing up as a weapon on an unrelated thread. The fact you have not chosen to do so until now tells me that you do not give a shit about the 40,000 young people starving to death every day. You just want an excuse to tell the people who are shocked by what was a rather shocking incident last night that they should feel bad about themselves.

It's a bit like the people you get on Facebook or Twitter after the terrorist incidents in London or Stockholm or Paris or whichever who berate people for focussing so much on European incidents and paying far less attention to terrorist incidents in Asia or Africa but then you look at their Facebook or Twitter and find they haven't ever mentioned those incidents in Asia or Africa.

If you care about the 40, 000 people starving to death every day then that is brilliant. Start a campaign. Organise a fundraising event. Start working or volunteering for a charity that combats poverty. Even just start a thread on here with a link to the fundraising page for the Disasters Emergency Commission. I'll give you the link now. Let us know how much you are donating. https://donation.dec.org.uk/eastafrica#/

But, if you don't want to do any of that, don't pretend to give a shit about 40, 000 young people starving to death every day just so you can score cheap points on an internet message board.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thing is though, if you genuinely gave a shit about the 40, 000 young people starving to death every day, you'd be talking about it all the time and not just be bringing up as a weapon on an unrelated thread. The fact you have not chosen to do so until now tells me that you do not give a shit about the 40,000 young people starving to death every day. You just want an excuse to tell the people who are shocked by what was a rather shocking incident last night that they should feel bad about themselves.

It's a bit like the people you get on Facebook or Twitter after the terrorist incidents in London or Stockholm or Paris or whichever who berate people for focussing so much on European incidents and paying far less attention to terrorist incidents in Asia or Africa but then you look at their Facebook or Twitter and find they haven't ever mentioned those incidents in Asia or Africa.

If you care about the 40, 000 people starving to death every day then that is brilliant. Start a campaign. Organise a fundraising event. Start working or volunteering for a charity that combats poverty. Even just start a thread on here with a link to the fundraising page for the Disasters Emergency Commission. I'll give you the link now. Let us know how much you are donating. https://donation.dec.org.uk/eastafrica#/

But, if you don't want to do any of that, don't pretend to give a shit about 40, 000 young people starving to death every day just so you can score cheap points on an internet message board.

Genuinely great post LB!

not-worthy.gif

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:37, bristolcitysweden said:

Why should I go to bed if I'm not pissed?

Yoy will never get pissed. Could as well go to bed.

Ignore them all Tommy, I love your posts and you are entitled to your opinions not matter how obscure.

Rock on

5 hours ago, phantom said:

In hindsight we could have had a special thread like the Ramblings from Sweden - all deleted now

I have absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about. I have never sanctioned the Ramblings from Sweden thread so all fine with me. I happen to be a City fan with a free mind.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dear Tommy

Apologies

I meant to write and thank you for your generosity

We are hoping to pay for one child to go to a match at some point next season

Currently sat here diligently planning this 

The Moët is beautiful

Can I thank you once again for your donations and generosity

hic

514D24EA-446E-4818-A249-53A9B01C5387.jpeg

Can I assure you I will be in touch when

The Moët has run out

the planning phase is complete

Kind Regards

Bob

It's not about you 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dear Tommy

Apologies

I meant to write and thank you for your generosity

But there’s been a lot of late nights 

But the administration is taking some time

We are hoping to pay for one child to go to a match at some point next season

Currently sat here diligently planning this 

The Moët is beautiful

Can I thank you once again for your donations and generosity

hic

514D24EA-446E-4818-A249-53A9B01C5387.jpeg

Can I assure you I will be in touch when

The Moët has run out

the planning phase is complete

Kind Regards

Bob

Sorry, I get the point.

First impression was you said I was some foreign shit bastard giving money on a pidestall trying be important 

Archived