IGNORED

Italian FA says 'No to racism'

Unan

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Am I missing something here..?

Aren't the only racist connotations to this, from those who see something wrong in the image on monkeys/apes being used..?

I thought similar. I think it’s a good idea poorly executed rather than anything malicious and the message behind it makes a lot of sense. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I love driving over there...everyone driving hard, concentrating...the traffic flows, no congestion like we have, they keep it moving by driving...not dawdling like here. No road rage...just going for it.

Same in France and why you see so few cars around without a dent or scratch...........

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought similar. I think it’s a good idea poorly executed rather than anything malicious and the message behind it makes a lot of sense. 

I don’t think it’s even poorly executed. 
Misinterpreted by some, who just see the post on Twitter, perhaps, but that’s hardly the artist or the Italian FA’s fault. 
It’s actually a very clever idea, when you read the artists quotes. 
Art is supposed to be provocative & cause debate. 
There is NOTHING racist about using monkey images. Quite the opposite in fact. I highlights just how moronic it is for that think it’s ok to chant monkey noises at black players, if anything, when we ALL descend from Apes. 

Very clever - but a good opportunity for the PC brigade to be offended too easily without bothering to research the context. 

18 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

The thing is....it’s too clever. It needs to be simplified so people can understand it at first glance. That’s the key to a successful campaign. 

It’s got people taking about it. Job done..! 

6 hours ago, spudski said:

Fair point...although from my experience Italy is the worse.

I've spoken to my Italian friends about it. They see it as, if you can gain an advantage by being clever or sneaky, then congratulations are in order. They don't get angry...they admire it. They hold those values it seems in nearly everything they do. Especially the football :laugh:

I love driving over there...everyone driving hard, concentrating...the traffic flows, no congestion like we have, they keep it moving by driving...not dawdling like here. No road rage...just going for it.

Driven the A91 much, around Rome to Fiumicino?

I've never done it without seeing at least two cars stopped, and the occupants having a shouting match and - once - a 10-man punch-up.

Palermo's fun as well. They drive like in Cairo and Istanbul, with a palm permanently pressing on the horn.

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Driven the A91 much, around Rome to Fiumicino?

I've never done it without seeing at least two cars stopped, and the occupants having a shouting match and - once - a 10-man punch-up.

Palermo's fun as well. They drive like in Cairo and Istanbul, with a palm permanently pressing on the horn.

Only last week I was in Rome and did that Route. Didn't see any crashes. Just moving traffic.

9 years ago I was lucky to be able to take 6 months off. We spent a month driving through France and 5 months driving in Italy.

The whole experience was an eye opener as to how bad we drive in this Country.

I loved it over there. Fast, controlled and Pro active driving. The traffic kept moving regardless of how heavy the traffic was. No dawdling and taking forever to pull away. Very little road rage.

Only place I found a bit hairy was around Napoli. Now they are mental :laugh:

I love the fact traffic lights and zebra crossings are also a 'suggestion'.

Put foot on crossing...make eye contact with driver...walk with purpose confidently ?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Only last week I was in Rome and did that Route. Didn't see any crashes. Just moving traffic.

9 years ago I was lucky to be able to take 6 months off. We spent a month driving through France and 5 months driving in Italy.

The whole experience was an eye opener as to how bad we drive in this Country.

I loved it over there. Fast, controlled and Pro active driving. The traffic kept moving regardless of how heavy the traffic was. No dawdling and taking forever to pull away. Very little road rage.

Only place I found a bit hairy was around Napoli. Now they are mental :laugh:

I love the fact traffic lights and zebra crossings are also a 'suggestion'.

Put foot on crossing...make eye contact with driver...walk with purpose confidently ?

Hmm. Italians tailgate. That's their problem. And they are waaay more prone to road rage in my experience. They all think they are Alberto Ascari.

Double to rate of road deaths than the UK.

https://etsc.eu/euroadsafetydata/

Not as terrifying as Portugal though :shocking:

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hmm. Italians tailgate. That's their problem. And they are waaay more prone to road rage in my experience. They all think they are Alberto Ascari.

Double to rate of road deaths than the UK.

https://etsc.eu/euroadsafetydata/

Not as terrifying as Portugal though :shocking:

Still prefer driving over there though. Driving in this country does my head in.

It's such a ball ache. The speed limits are bad enough...let alone drivers that just dawdle and are half asleep.

Imo...speed doesn't cause accidents...bad driving does.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Still prefer driving over there though. Driving in this country does my head in.

It's such a ball ache. The speed limits are bad enough...let alone drivers that just dawdle and are half asleep.

Imo...speed doesn't cause accidents...bad driving does.

are you certain about this? You're pretty much guaranteed to kill a child if you drive at 100 mph outside a school at drop off or pick up time ?

11 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s basically any country other than the UK from my experience. France, Germany, Italy, Spain....queueing seems a completely alien concept everywhere but here

Please can you point out where I can enjoy this queuing experience here in the UK ? as yet to see any evidence of a different or more civilised behaviour relative to anywhere else in the world. 

Any motorway or dual-carriageway contraflow or filter into a single lane or roundabout will be routinely abused by about 50% of people flying down the outside and cutting in. Always has been.

Out of cars, anyone who has waited for a train or tube or bus in London (with the exception of the Jubilee Line at rush hour) will be amazed to see people respect priority and order. They don't.

In fact probably the only place I've seen this distinction is at airport gates. That does vary - UK, US, Germany good, some countries not so much, whilst Romanian "queueing" is truly remarkable!

7 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

are you certain about this? You're pretty much guaranteed to kill a child if you drive at 100 mph outside a school at drop off or pick up time ?

I drive according to road conditions and sensible around such areas.

I live not far from three schools. The roads are far more dangerous with mothers trying to park cars.

In the end you have cars parked both sides, many illegally, woman who can't park or reverse, speed bumps that are now a danger as cars are having to drive down the middle of the road, instead of over them.

Doors flying open...kids falling out...mayhem.

School buses should be mandatory imo.

Stop clogging up the streets.

On the hand kids...look left and right...go when nothings coming. As my good friend says...natural selection soon takes over :laugh: ??

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Please can you point out where I can enjoy this queuing experience here in the UK ? as yet to see any evidence of a different or more civilised behaviour relative to anywhere else in the world. 

Any motorway or dual-carriageway contraflow or filter into a single lane or roundabout will be routinely abused by about 50% of people flying down the outside and cutting in. Always has been.

Out of cars, anyone who has waited for a train or tube or bus in London (with the exception of the Jubilee Line at rush hour) will be amazed to see people respect priority and order. They don't.

In fact probably the only place I've seen this distinction is at airport gates. That does vary - UK, US, Germany good, some countries not so much, whilst Romanian "queueing" is truly remarkable!

It's a contra flow @Olé...drives me insane when everyone is queuing on one lane for miles, when the contra flow lane is empty...they can use the lane and the contra flow...let one in, then go...repeat...simple. That's what it's designed for.

As for London...it's full of foreigners...that's why no one queues ?????

43 minutes ago, Olé said:

Haha yes it's funny you should mention the roads because that's definitely the one place where all normal British reserve and good manners go out the window. In fact it's a sad reflection on the 'me me me' society that it's rapidly turning into. 

Airports always makes me laugh. We all take off and land at the same time but the effort some people make to be the first to the front of the gate, only to then stand on a bus for 20 minutes going nowhere never ceases to amaze me ?

I was in Austria on the weekend and they literally bussed us 10 yards to the plane from the gate and still people were basically falling over each other to try and be first in line. Remarkable.

• Admin

Serie A has apologised after imagery of monkeys was used in artwork for an anti-racism campaign.

The league received heavy criticism from Italian clubs AC Milan and Roma as well as anti-discrimination organisations for the posters.

"I realised it was inappropriate," said the league's chief executive Luigi De Siervo in a statement.

Artist Simone Fugazzotto had defended his creation by saying "we are all monkeys".

The 'No To Racism' posters show three monkeys with painted faces and it remains to be seen whether they will be displayed at Serie A headquarters in Milan as scheduled.

The issue comes fewer than three weeks after clubs pledged to combat Italian football's "serious problem".

Milan said they "strongly disagree" with the use of monkeys, while Roma expressed their "surprise", adding: "We understand the league wants to tackle racism but we don't believe this is the right way to do it."

Anti-discriminatory body Fare said it was left "speechless" and the campaign looked like a "sick joke", while Kick It Out added the use of monkeys was "completely inappropriate".

De Siervo added: "What cannot be questioned is the strong and constant condemnation by Serie A against all forms of discrimination and racism, and we are committed to eradicate this from our beloved league.

"Serie A is working on its official anti-racism campaign, which cannot be identified with Simone Fugazzotto's work, and it will be presented by the end of February."

In November, Brescia's Mario Balotelli called fans who shouted racist abuse at him "small-minded" and "imbeciles".

Inter Milan's Romelu Lukaku said the abuse he suffered in September, when Cagliari fans made monkey noises after the Belgium striker scored a penalty against their team, showed the game was "going backwards".

image.gifimage.gif

Taken from here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50831337

Archived