IGNORED

Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 24

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Full nelson said:

You think LJ is still the man ???

Never have, admit there have been a couple of periods when it looked good but LJ never has shown the consistency or leadership this or any other team needs to progress in the championship. We are past the injury crisis, we are at full strength and LJ. Still does not have a clue!

we were better with half the team injured!  He has got to go, the team. And supporters deserve better

This is no knee jerk reaction.
This side is highly fragile with no connection of team members. All the tinkering with the side has caused this fragility. If Lansdown could get a proven manager in, then Johnson has to go. He is clearly not up to the job. He does not know his best eleven. He does not know how to set a side up to play a brand of football. No more bullshit.

No excuses Johnson, no throwing the players under the bus. You are the problem. The squad is better than this.

This is YOUR SIDE Johnson and it ain’t good enough to beat Charlton 2nd eleven.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Again, I tend to agree. He’s steadied the ship, brought in some talented players and kept us competitive whilst losing his best players each year. It would be nice to build on that and push on while our stocks high.

But we've replaced the players that we have lost with better ones

Theres only so many times you can say yeah we been unlucky with injuries not we have to look at the manager as its performances and results 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Here we go again a dismal run of performances and defeats and Johnson is seemingly unable to turn it round. His answer is to keep changing the team every week  and hope one week it works and then when it works still keep changing the team every week. It is time for him to go but we all know however bad it gets he will still be here. What did he say once give me three windows. Well you have had three seasons.

I hate the little arrogant **** who couldn’t install confidence in the Eskimo’s to build igloos!! 

Well, have to say. Felt like a very big moment in the season when we came out fighting, turned around a 1-0 loss, appeared to end a worrying losing run and hauled ourselves back towards the play-offs.

Seemed an even bigger moment when we decided to turn all of that back on its head again. 

This is a completely selfish post which I’ve added in a bid to help me deal with another poor performance, which was an ugly and woeful watch at times. So in a nutshell.

Two hopeful long balls = two goals conceded

One hopeful, fairly, long ball = one goal conceded 

I am beginning to think that LJ has lost the changing room, my rationale being:

(1) too many good players are playing badly

(2) our last four performances have all been very poor.

This could be due to others factors, however, I suspect LJ may have lost it with too many players. 

On Sunday I’m taking my ten year old daughter to Ashton Gate for her first City game, based on recent performances it could be her first and last visit! 

Immediate selfish thoughts shared. Maybe in a couple of days I’ll feel better.

All I can do now is await the OTIB meltdown.

Just now, Ron Swanson said:

Clubs gone stale again. 1200 away fans for a London game is shocking I’m sorry to say, seems like people are starting to stay away. We need a radicle change at the club, whether that’s a big January window or a change of manager I don’t know. 

Really,?? 1200 on a day when there is minimal public transport isn't bad. Certainly no trains running up from the south coast today.

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

Clubs gone stale again. 1200 away fans for a London game is shocking I’m sorry to say, seems like people are starting to stay away. We need a radicle change at the club, whether that’s a big January window or a change of manager I don’t know. 

So a boxing day away fixture with no trains to London and 1200 fans is shocking? That is more than I would have predicted, and seems a decent turnout imo.

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

But we've replaced the players that we have lost with better ones

Theres only so many times you can say yeah we been unlucky with injuries not we have to look at the manager as its performances and results 

That's true but they have to be moulded into a new coherent whole every season. The best available 11 players don't necessarily make for the best team.Not that I see any sign of a playing strategy anyway.

4 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

The manager needs to go

Too many individual errors, again.

We looked in control at 2-1, but conceded the equaliser due to a lack of bravery from Kalas and a sharp Bonne finish. There was acres of space behind Dasilva for the cross that led to the winner, with another brave finish at the far post.

I expect the, "Not enough leaders," excuse will be trotted out. Well, our Captain had another poor game and needs to handover the armband before it drains him of saleability (if you believe the rumours).

The problem is, who IS fit to lead?

Please step forward before it's too late.

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'll be happy when Lee 'fecks off..so if that means we have to finish as low as possible to see the back of the arrogant little shit then so be it.....

You can now get back to the noble art of frottage within the cosy confines of the 'innocent,,wide eyed & fat bottomed club

Wow

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

That's true but they have to be moulded into a new coherent whole every season. The best available 11 players don't necessarily make for the best team.Not that I see any sign of a playing strategy anyway.

Im sure johnson has a say in what players we buy 

He doesnt know his best starting line up so he setting up teams to not lose and we are still losing the players look confused

My Pulis/SoD ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ moment has arrived.

The Club normally takes between 3/4 months after me to arrive at the same conclusion. The clock is now ticking.

To think of the £millions squandered and the enormous squad of eye-watering highly paid, yet inept players that LJ has assembled. 

6 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Season ticket holder for the last 10 seasons until this season! Poor performances will continue under LJ and more people like me will continue to stay away. But for some, football is a chore and they’ll go no matter what because that’s all they have in life. 

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

When they’re saying things like Bentley needs to be dropped I’m going to assume they aren’t watching many games 

He dose need dropping, and yes i have seen every game so far this season, he had a great start but has completely lost his form in the last 4 games make silly mistake all the time, not coming for the ball , out of position to often, he clearly needs to be given a few games rest to sort his head out and hopefully find his form again, 

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

The manager needs to go

Are you honestly a city fan or just on the constant wind up? Every single post is as negative as it can possibly be, and how many times you have to say you want the manager out is a bit OTT imo. Calling him "little Lee" as well, and "make some noise aimed at him against Luton" etc just seems well over the top and a Rovers fan type response. I maybe wrong but it does seem very bizarre....

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

My Pulis/SoD ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ moment has arrived.

The Club normally takes between 3/4 months after me to arrive at the same conclusion. The clock is now ticking.

To think of the £millions squandered and the enormous squad of eye-watering highly paid, yet inept players that LJ has assembled. 

We have some great players...and a fraud managing them. Lee Johnson has achieved nothing...and I see no evidence that he ever will.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Too many individual errors, again.

We looked in control at 2-1, but conceded the equaliser due to a lack of bravery from Kalas and a sharp Bonne finish. There was acres of space behind Dasilva for the cross that led to the winner, with another brave finish at the far post.

I expect the, "Not enough leaders," excuse will be trotted out. Well, our Captain had another poor game and needs to handover the armband before it drains him of saleability (if you believe the rumours).

The problem is, who IS fit to lead?

Please step forward before it's too late.

Oh come on, LJ has only had four years and countless transfer windows to bring in leaders, it doesn’t happen overnight ?

Archived