IGNORED

Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 24

Septic Peg

We’re not at LJ out point yet, but his problem is that given he built this squad (almost entirely I believe?) he is to blame if there’s no leaders, no identity, no heart etc.

He has undoubtedly been afforded more resources and patience than any manager in our history. He’s been given 2-3 seasons to build on a team which was frankly almost there. And we are drifting currently. 

6 minutes ago, winsaw said:

He dose need dropping, and yes i have seen every game so far this season, he had a great start but has completely lost his form in the last 4 games make silly mistake all the time, not coming for the ball , out of position to often, he clearly needs to be given a few games rest to sort his head out and hopefully find his form again, 

Are you blind or something? As that’s can be the only reason you posted this that or you are a Brentford fan still bitter about selling probbily the best city keeper since god knows

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

We’re not at LJ out point yet, but his problem is that given he built this squad (almost entirely I believe?) he is to blame if there’s no leaders, no identity, no heart etc.

He has undoubtedly been afforded more resources and patience than any manager in our history. He’s been given 2-3 seasons to build on a team which was frankly almost there. And we are drifting currently. 

Re your first seven words. We are! 

SL could make a very brave decision now, LJ has hit the wall and can’t climb over it, someone else may well be able to.

The sad truth is, Charlton won because they wanted it more. 

Even at 2-1 down with a makeshift team they kept running and had a quality striker in Bonne, not long out of non-League, to spearhead their efforts.

Our capitulation reminds me of a great Malcolm Tucker put down from the brilliant political satire The Thick of It. "From bean to cup, you **** up."

12 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I expect the, "Not enough leaders," excuse will be trotted out. Well, our Captain had another poor game and needs to handover the armband before it drains him of saleability (if you believe the rumours).

The problem is, who IS fit to lead?

Please step forward before it's too late.

This is half the problem. Johnson picked Brownhill as captain.....probably the most timid and least vocal midfielder we have. He is not going to lead and inspire when the chips are down, in fact, he’s looking absolutely lost 

19 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Clubs gone stale again. 1200 away fans for a London game is shocking I’m sorry to say, seems like people are starting to stay away. We need a radicle change at the club, whether that’s a big January window or a change of manager I don’t know. 

I've not been to a home game this season due to the shocking performances over the last 12-18 months 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

At least he's honest. I guarantee there are more like him who'd rather LJ fail than succeed but will never admit it.

Lj failing is fine i get it to a certain extent. But to openly want City to finish as low as needed is not right in my eyes

Here we go with the some want LJ to fail bullshit. 

I could not care less who is manager if we are competitive but 4 Years speak for itself. 

City have thrown the last two seasons away and now we are on a third. LLLL all very winnable games in the context of the runs we have had in the last four years, IS A HERE WE GO AGAIN MOMENT! 

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

agreed - sad to see tbh - disrespectful of honestly held opinions - but if you back a loser it takes something to admit you are wrong.

I wanted him to do well, liked him as a player, and on here I was a great defender of his infinitely more accomplished Dad to the bitter end. He almost convinced me...but sadly not to be. As has been clear for a very long time.

It seems when we have a load of injuries and team picks itself we do well. When we have players available and the temptation is there to tweak things is when LJ loses the plot and complicates things. 
Why is it week after week we get outthought first half and we have to change things, do we actually watch the opposition. 
Defensively we’ve been a shambles for 9 months now and we just carry on conceding 2+ goals a game. 
Maybe instead of trying to being clever tactically go back to basics and stop conceding goals.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I could not care less who is manager if we are competitive but 4 Years speak for itself. 

City have thrown the last two seasons away and now we are on a third. LLLL all very winnable games in the context of the runs we have had in the last four years, IS A HERE WE GO AGAIN MOMENT! 

Agreed, he has more time that some other club managers have had who were sacked for not succeeding. SL has given him more money than any other manager that I can remember and there is no way that he will take us any further than boom and bust in the Championship.  It's no secret that I didn't want him in the first place, was prepared to give him a chance, but now I feel that his constant losing runs every season will never get City to the Prem. SL needs to consider carefully what he wants from a manager, a yes man or a man who can lead a team forward and imo LJ is not that man. Over to you SL!

4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Agreed, he has more time that some other club managers have had who were sacked for not succeeding. SL has given him more money than any other manager that I can remember and there is no way that he will take us any further than boom and bust in the Championship.  It's no secret that I didn't want him in the first place, was prepared to give him a chance, but now I feel that his constant losing runs every season will never get City to the Prem. SL needs to consider carefully what he wants from a manager, a yes man or a man who can lead a team forward and imo LJ is not that man. Over to you SL!

Haha...I fear that you have hit the nail on the head...he wants a yes man!

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

What a joy watching PNE give Leeds a football lesson, if only we would play free flowing football like that

They have a manager who gets the best out of a cheap and well drilled squad. where as Lee has far too many players and gets limited performances from them wait until Brentford, when we will be out thought out fought and outplayed Lee do us a favour and push off

15 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

What a joy watching PNE give Leeds a football lesson, if only we would play free flowing football like that

Alex Neil - won promotion to both the Scottish and English Prems - quality manager with a proven track record. We can but dream! 

8 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

We did not so long ago, i thought after the Manchester games  where we had nothing to lose we played flowing football, now it seems he looks at the strengths of the opposition instead of letting them worry about us.

Archived