IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

5 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Think it's the Conti Cup draw tonight at 5.30pm. City in the hat with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester/Manchester City, West Ham and Manchester United.

Ties to be played on Wed 19th or Thur 20th January. 

We've been drawn away to either Charlton, Leicester or Man City.

A lot of media graphics advise it's either Leicester or Man City, but apparently Charlton are still in the running.

Trust us to get drawn against the only ball which has more than one team...

This is sad news, thoughts go out to all the off field staff and players at this development. Never a good time to lose your job of course but at Christmas, and with hopes of a better New Year ahead, it's particularly harsh.

I went to their game last Saturday v Watford (I covered Villa u18 then was meant to be going to Villa v Burnley before it was P-P so made a late switch) and there was literally not a peep about any financial issues. Young lad who is the media manager there is devastated, it's his first gig since leaving Uni. Players were gradually adapting to Championship football life and picking up a result or two but this is awful news for the players. I see a couple of other teams have offered their facilities for the players to train in the meantime but a statement issued earlier suggests they'll be going into voluntary liquidation on 4th January. 

• Sad 1

• Admin
On 29/12/2021 at 17:32, The Bard said:

A local businessman has stepped forward offering to take the club and debts on and to complete the season. 

Just needs approval from Coventry United shareholders 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Hoping the team can indeed be saved. City have already posted an article about ticket credit for this Sunday's (still cancelled) game. Not sure how a season card holder like me can using ticketing credit...unless we advance further in the cup and get a home game!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/coventry-united-ticket-credit-information/

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Satara Murray has said on her Twitter that she has just started watching Ted Lasso.

I've seen the show myself, and the coaching style is very different from Lauren Smith's!

I was a bit late to watching this, thought it was great.  I didn’t watch it when it first came out because I thought it will be shit from a football point of view and I’ll just be critical of that.

But as Mrs F said she’d watch it too, I gave it a go…and we both really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2021 at 16:25, shahanshahan said:

Speaking of cup news, the FA Cup game against Southampton will now take place at St Mary's!

Tickets now available, only being £3 for adults. Block 5 Row L is mostly available, so I've booked a few for me and my friends. Hoping many other City fans who'd be interested would love to join us!

https://tickets.southamptonfc.com/selection/event/seat?perfId=101578732727&productId=101546495547

FI0ztXQXsAcILhq?format=jpg&name=small

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing that I don't but as a football season ticket holder do I qualify for any discount buying womens tickets?

My sister and niece are interested in going to the Liverpool game so was going to look into getting us tickets

I know that men's team season card ticket holders were emailed a discount code that could be used for the last Ashton Gate game back in November. I didn't receive one as I'm not a men's team season card holder (but am a women's team season card holder), but hopefully you'd receive an email a month or so before

• Thanks 1

Leicester City are playing Manchester City in their rearranged Conti Cup group game which kicks off at 7pm. One of these teams (or Charlton Athletic) will host City next week in the quarter finals.

Game is live on FA Player. One of tonight's commentators has explained, in a way, how he sees who could progress...

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Leicester City are playing Manchester City in their rearranged Conti Cup group game which kicks off at 7pm. One of these teams (or Charlton Athletic) will host City next week in the quarter finals.

Game is live on FA Player. One of tonight's commentators has explained, in a way, how he sees who could progress...

Manchester City currently leading 5-0.