IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

Went to the game and it was so slow , everything was slow. No tempo , no urgency and passes either under hit or wayward. 
Odd tactics from city and Liverpool weren’t much better ! 
This city squad will struggle in the championship to fight for automatic promotion. 

why bring Abi Harrison on in 93rd minute 🤦‍♂️

On 20/04/2024 at 19:37, phantom said:

You've got to be on a wind up? 

They played almost constantly through the 90 minutes, offering nothing to the atmosphere

I've never been aware of this at any UK ground apart from ours 

People are there to watch a football match not some two bob drum outfit 

The only benefit of the drummers is that they are on the other side of the stadium and have stopped the drum being among the fans.

No offence to the excellent fans with the drum last season and the start of this but it does not help tinnitus.

• Like 1

Crystal Palace effectively promoted to WSL. They did announce project to achieve such one year ago (recruited our general manager as part of that process). Will be interesting to see how they fare. Assuming Leicester promotion, WSL will be entirely Premier League affiliated. Meanwhile minnows Lewes & Watford relegated from Championship replaced by Newcastle and Portsmouth. Will a much tougher league than 2 season ago. Will need a big reset by City to compete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, astrondrew said:

Just renewed my season tickets for next year. Same seat at Ashton Gate. I guess it's easy enough to move it to the HPC if they don't sell many but...

Are they even meant to be on sale yet? Haven't see any announcement of details but can also see the option to renew if I log in to the ticket site...

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are they even meant to be on sale yet? Haven't see any announcement of details but can also see the option to renew if I log in to the ticket site...

It does seem a little odd. I logged in for something else (to do with the men's team) and spotted the renewal option.

Hi all, 

I'm hoping you might be able to help, this discussion is really relevant to a study I'm doing at the moment:

I’m looking for men aged 18-30, who have an interest in football, to take part in interviews about women's football for my dissertation. 

It would take around an hour but can flex to whatever time you have available. Watching/following/liking women’s football isn’t a requirement, just something to say about it.

Send me an email on gb19565@bristol.ac.uk if you'd be up for it! 

Thank you

• Admin
12 hours ago, astrondrew said:

Just renewed my season tickets for next year. Same seat at Ashton Gate. I guess it's easy enough to move it to the HPC if they don't sell many but...

How have you done this, they are not on sale yet

As view from the Dolman says but the tickets are still appearing in my season tickets tab. I guess they might get cancelled. 
I assume they were setting up for an announcement soon...presumably after the division we will be playing in next year is decided at the weekend?

• Admin
8 hours ago, Eco said:

Good news, Bunny Shaw not available for Man City on Sunday according to Lauren in her presser. 

I thought it was announced earlier in the week she was out for the rest of the season?

• Like 1

Shaw being ruled out is a minor footnote - Man C have plenty of backup. Incidentally, I see ex-Robin Lauren Hemp has agreed to a new 3-year deal with them. Seems the length of contracts for the top flight players is on the up.

• Like 1

Just now, shahanshahan said:

West Ham just got a 95th minute equaliser against Aston Villa, FT 1-1

West Ham now on 14 points; gap between them & City now extended to eight points.

City need to win against Man City tonight now to avoid relegation...

Our ladies aren’t strong enough for the WSL but too strong for the Championship and it’ll remain that way unless some serious investment is forthcoming.

We were needing a win anyway, but an extra point may well be of no importance.

Well, here goes the last game of the season. A season of what has to be seen as a miserable time at Ashton Gate. No points (with no sign of any today!) and a real disappointment all round. Of course, we didn't expect to be fighting for the title in our first season, but to be cut well and truly adrift has been a painful lesson.

However, we also should see our time as one to build on, even if it means those lessons are applied for a spell in the Championship. Several players have made their mark and the team has made some improvements in the approach. I'm not sure of the average age of the side but it must be one of the lower in the WSL. I hope we can maintain a significant presence and that those young players will stay here to carry on the dream. Perhaps we can attract some better players for the start of next season too. Hopefully.

COYR

• Robin 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Our ladies aren’t strong enough for the WSL but too strong for the Championship and it’ll remain that way unless some serious investment is forthcoming.

I'm not sure this current squad are good enough to challenge in the Championship 

6 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Well, here goes the last game of the season. A season of what has to be seen as a miserable time at Ashton Gate. No points (with no sign of any today!) and a real disappointment all round. Of course, we didn't expect to be fighting for the title in our first season, but to be cut well and truly adrift has been a painful lesson.

However, we also should see our time as one to build on, even if it means those lessons are applied for a spell in the Championship. Several players have made their mark and the team has made some improvements in the approach. I'm not sure of the average age of the side but it must be one of the lower in the WSL. I hope we can maintain a significant presence and that those young players will stay here to carry on the dream. Perhaps we can attract some better players for the start of next season too. Hopefully.

COYR

There's two more games left to play after tonight, or are you talking about the last game you are attending this season?

On 22/04/2024 at 10:24, miser said:

Crystal Palace effectively promoted to WSL. They did announce project to achieve such one year ago (recruited our general manager as part of that process). Will be interesting to see how they fare. Assuming Leicester promotion, WSL will be entirely Premier League affiliated. Meanwhile minnows Lewes & Watford relegated from Championship replaced by Newcastle and Portsmouth. Will a much tougher league than 2 season ago. Will need a big reset by City to compete.

Promotion confirmed for Crystal Palace - first time in the WSL. Drew 0-0 with Sunderland at Selhurst Park, but it was enough for them to secure the Championship title.
And yep, it will be all teams affiliated with PL sides after Leicester City's promotion was confirmed...

Edited by shahanshahan

41 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

COYR

Average age is 24 apparently. I wouldn't necessarily totally write us off this evening, Furniss made a big difference last week while she was on and we do have a fit squad plus they're missing Shaw. Of course they have their other stars but they might take a while adjusting to playing without their focal point, maybe we could grab a goal in this bedding in period. Call me a dreamer but you never know! 

Hopefully most of the squad will stay. If players like Bentley, Powell, Napier, Harrison, Morgan, Layzell, Connolly, Rodgers, Jones, Syme, Layzell, Thestrup (please) stick around we'll be near the top. It would be interesting to see who's coming through from the Academy U21's. Sounds as though there are some good players there based on the snippets from the City women twitter but there's sod all on the website, that I can see anyway.

• Like 1