IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

1 minute ago, When the river runs said:

Mate I'm no keyboard warrior as I don't start it. 

Trust me I'd say it to your faces all 3 of you at the same time. I'm not shy mate at all

you are all calling me out jumping on board and you genuinely don't know how vile a club that is

I didn’t start on you but you felt the need to be abusive !

If the club is so vile then why have anything to do with it, including being on this forum ?

You’re making spurious comments about how you’d tell me to go **** myself and how vile this club is.

It’s not big and if you weren’t entertaining me I’d put you on ignore X

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I didn’t start on you but you felt the need to be abusive !

If the club is so vile then why have anything to do with it, including being on this forum ?

You’re making spurious comments about how you’d tell me to go **** myself and how vile this club is.

It’s not big and if you weren’t entertaining me I’d put you on ignore X

I think you did jump on the band wagon tbh. 

If I'm entertaining you then good I'm glad your happy . 

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Posted in this thread, but Gavin Marshall will be on Sound of the City tonight (alongside Jon Lansdown)...

Thanks for the warning. I'll meditate for the next 20 minutes to help me get through it. Now, where's my stress ball ...

• Admin
5 hours ago, When the river runs said:

Have you taken your medicine as your personality disorder seems to be kicking right the in last couple of days.

Since you got a diagnosis , I  guess now you can excuse yourself for being a c***🤣🤣.

Thank you for the really unnecessary personal insult about a serious mental health condition I was diagnosed with 

As for the past 5 days, I've been sat by the bedside of my partner in hospital not sure if she was going to come out alive at one point 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CS Red said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n15xnzrjvo

I hope the link above works. A interesting reading I thought. Especially the last couple of paragraphs.

This article is news to me (no pun intended!)

Am aware that this is third WSL relegation for the team, but I wasn't aware that City have been the most-relegated team in WSL history.

I noticed a few omissions: Kaylan Marckese only returned back to Arsenal because of her ACL injury, and actually there have been five different goalkeepers that made WSL appearances (Benedicte Haaland who was on a short term deal came on as a sub in one game)

Also noticed that the writer referred to the team as Bristol City, City, and Bristol all in the same article. Err...

9 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

This article is news to me (no pun intended!)

Am aware that this is third WSL relegation for the team, but I wasn't aware that City have been the most-relegated team in WSL history.

I noticed a few omissions: Kaylan Marckese only returned back to Arsenal because of her ACL injury, and actually there have been five different goalkeepers that made WSL appearances (Benedicte Haaland who was on a short term deal came on as a sub in one game)

Also noticed that the writer referred to the team as Bristol City, City, and Bristol all in the same article. Err...

Interesting but I don't think Emma Smith actually answered the headline question!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CS Red said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n15xnzrjvo

I hope the link above works. A interesting reading I thought. Especially the last couple of paragraphs.

I didn't particularly like that article. For all the reasons internally that we had the lowest budget, ultimately we were relegated as the only team not affliated to a men's PL club who can afford to rack up losses on the women.

It's a very sad state of affairs that all the current men's PL teams have such an advantage over any other club in investing in a women's team, no matter the respective support base.

• Sad 2

For those going to the fans forum tomorrow (see you there!), the club have finally confirmed that supporters can park on side for free, but need to scan a QR code to validate their parking. Much like those that park to travel on coach travel for the men's away games

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I didn't particularly like that article. For all the reasons internally that we had the lowest budget, ultimately we were relegated as the only team not affliated to a men's PL club who can afford to rack up losses on the women.

It's a very sad state of affairs that all the current men's PL teams have such an advantage over any other club in investing in a women's team, no matter the respective support base.

Sophie Downey has written a good piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/bristol-city-relegation-hammers-home-stark-financial-realities-of-wsl-moving-the-goalposts#comment-167419325

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 28/04/2024 at 22:46, Nugget said:

Went with my girls, been to a few games,  atmosphere is very different, much more friendly vibe, but feels a bit like a pop concert at times, but for the youngsters in the crowd it seemed to get them going.

My first experience of live woman's football on Sunday. Went with my girls and a couple of their mates.  Despite the result, I enjoyed the experience and will go again. 

It's a different thing from following the men's team. My Saturdays there are about the guys and the pints! This was a family outing and reflected that. Even non-sporty Robbette #1 enjoyed it though. 

• Like 4

Unfortunately we’re in a world where the “brand” is more important than the talent in some key areas. 

I don’t think it’s by accident that the WSL will be wholly filled by clubs attached to men’s premier league teams. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

For those going to the fans forum tomorrow (see you there!), the club have finally confirmed that supporters can park on side for free, but need to scan a QR code to validate their parking. Much like those that park to travel on coach travel for the men's away games

I was going to original date but can't make this one sadly. I hope some pertinent questions are asked.

12 minutes ago, Eco said:

I was going to original date but can't make this one sadly. I hope some pertinent questions are asked.

Tonight's fans forum is the first women's one that has sold out, so I expect many will have questions...

• Like 1

• Admin

Fair play to Liverpool, beating Chelsea 4-3

Chelsea had only conceded from corners twice before tonight this season, but conceded three times from corners tonight 

I wonder who Emma Hayes will be blaming tonight, 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Fair play to Liverpool, beating Chelsea 4-3

Chelsea had only conceded from corners twice before tonight this season, but conceded three times from corners tonight 

I wonder who Emma Hayes will be blaming tonight, 😁

Tis a WSL tradegy. Shame the Qataris benefit.

• Admin

I used to like what Chelsea were doing with their women's team, but gradually the antics of Lauren James, Erin Cuthbert and Emma Hayes made them easily unlikeable 

Going from a possible quadruple to nothing in a matter of games is a disaster 

It would be amazing if we could hammer the final nail in their coffin Sunday evening 

• Like 2

• Admin

I just watched back the post match interview with Emma Hayes and Aggie Beaver-Jones, I have to say it was a very honest and in parts emotional interview with Emma Hayes, finally we see the real side of her as she has let her guard down

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

Cheers, I saw that but was surprised nobody had written a review 

• So, until a broadcast TV deal is done it'll be carry on as now with the rich getting richer. Our budget will remain high for the Championship but should we go up it'll be miniscule compared with Prem clubs as there's an 'astronomical' difference in funding.
  • At least 7 championship clubs will play in their clubs main stadia next season. Blackburn, Charlton, Sheff Utd, Birmingham, Southampton, Reading & us. Newcastle play at Newcastle rugby.
  • London City Lionesses  have been brought by a fabulously wealthy individual who'll invest heavily 
  • They want to keep the bulk of the squad but won't stand in the way of players who want to leave, some have relegation release clauses, no names.
  • Definitely want to keep Thestrup however would she want to risk losing her place in the Denmark team by playing in the championship...
  • We won't have four goalkeepers next season
  • General annoyance at the club not being compensated from top cubs for players sold on after reaching 18, eg. Lauren Hemp
  • The club will lose £1M this season
  • Gavin thought there was enough in the squad to avoid relegation, 6 points is not what he was anticipating however Lauren has credit in the bank for the previous two seasons. Injuries in the new year during those key games with teams around us didn't help.

Wasn't there but based on the listen, probably missed some other things.

• Thanks 3

Some key points from Lauren's press conference on Thursday 

- Amalie Thestrup back in training after coming off injured on Sunday. Should be available for this weekend

- Lauren Smith enjoyed the Fans Forum; her & Gavin Marshall answered questions honestly

- Chelsea will still be a threat despite recent defeats