IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We`re not doing too badly  here, have certainly grown into the game and had a couple of decent chances.

I've been impressed. I know it's a low bar, and certainly Man City have been helping with their wasteful attacks (are they aiming for our goalie?) but could we avoid defeat?

0-0 ht

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've been impressed. I know it's a low bar, and certainly Man City have been helping with their wasteful attacks (are they aiming for our goalie?) but could we avoid defeat?

0-0 ht

Yeah, pretty much every shot`s been straight at Yanez. They are spending too much time faffing about around our box - if they just went direct we`d be in trouble.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm sure every game I've seen Yanez play this season she's gone down injured with a glute injury 🤦

That friggin band are back in the ground again, fortunately the sky mics do not pick them up as much 

I wouldn’t be so sure, I’m sat at home and can hear them monotonously drumming.

Its nothing but attack versus defence in this second half, absolutely no outlet for City to get the ball forward to and relieve some pressure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm sure every game I've seen Yanez play this season she's gone down injured with a glute injury 🤦

That friggin band are back in the ground again, fortunately the sky mics do not pick them up as much 

I'm watching from home today, my daughters not feeling too great and chose to play this morning instead.

Unfortunately for me, the Sky mics are picking up that bloody group of drummers, and even at home, I'm actually losing the will to live!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Crikey, we score. Okay, it's an OG and we're 3-0 down, but I didn't see that finish coming.

I can’t say I watch all the ladies matches but they clearly try but the truth is the club have set them up to fail this season.

The club are lucky that so many people are willing to go and pay to watch a no contest.

Even with relegation confirmed and 3-0 down it’s still 5 at the back with no real attempt to get forward.

Change formation and have a go and give the fans something to cheer.

For those of you with greater knowledge, do you see Lauren Smith as being the right coach to lead next seasons campaign?

• Like 1

Men against boys I’m afraid ( you all know what I mean ) and the games I have watched ( not too many may I add ) have all pretty much followed the same pattern . Like someone else has said looks like they have been set up to fail , look miles  behind most of the other sides even the teams just above them . 
decent crowd mind Rovers would be proud of that 

Edited by redkev

12 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Proper piss take whilst relegated.

Why? What difference does it make to anything?

It was a family day, so they're giving school kids the chance to be involved as much as possible.

Talk about finding things to be offended about...

• Like 8

3 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Tell us you don't follow the team without telling us you don't follow the team 😂

The only time I watch women’s football is when the England ladies are on TV.

I have never ever watched a women’s match ‘live’. However due the exposure our ladies get on the OS and local bulletins their results are kinda forced onto me.

I honestly couldn’t name one player from the women’s team.

• Facepalm 2

A real wasted opportunity, a very odd approach by the board this season for the women’s side. Really don’t know what they were expecting to happen. Feel sorry for the squad & for Lauren 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Why? What difference does it make to anything?

It was a family day, so they're giving school kids the chance to be involved as much as possible.

Talk about finding things to be offended about...

It's not a school fete, these women have worked their arses off to get to play top flight football.

5 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

It's not a school fete, these women have worked their arses off to get to play top flight football.

So have City men, why weren't you annoyed at it yesterday?

The kids who made the drawings will be thrilled they've been included, I genuinely don't see the harm it's doing?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The only time I watch women’s football is when the England ladies are on TV.

I have never ever watched a women’s match ‘live’. However due the exposure our ladies get on the OS and local bulletins their results are kinda forced onto me.

I honestly couldn’t name one player from the women’s team.

So....on reflection, do you think maybe this is perhaps not the best thread for you to be sharing your wisdom and insight with us? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, When the river runs said:

They didn't get relegated yesterday 

What difference does that have to do with it? City weren't relegated when the team sheet, with the drawings, was announced pre match.

Their position in the table is irrelevant. Do you really think any of the players care that a child has drawn a picture of them?

If anything, this sort of thing helps bring eyes into the women's game. A child who drew say, Abi Harrison, may now look out for her as their favourite player. It can only be a good thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Why are season tickets prices rising despite relegation?

city-women_season-tickets_pricing-table_twitface.jpg

BCW_2425_SeasonTickets_PricingTable_No_Creative-875x570.jpg

They'll still be playing at AG and crowds will be a lot lower?  At less than £4 a game for adults you can't complain about value for money.

• Like 2