IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Let's hope we're not on the end of a hiding and knocks the spirit out of the side 

Exactly. It seems that bad spell they had in the first half of the season seems to be gone, plus they have some key players back from injury such as Lucy Bronze & Steph Houghton.
They scored six goals without response against Brighton last Sunday too ?

Edited by shahanshahan

https://www.mancity.com/news/womens/date-confirmed-for-continental-cup-quarter-final-manchester-city-bristol-city-63777680

Conti Cup quarter final away at Man City confirmed to take place on Wednesday January 19th, KO 7pm. Tickets only £6 for adults

If I can get work off, I am seriously tempted to drive up & back for the game, but would want someone to split the petrol cost with me ?

None of my Vixencast co-hosts would be available to attend, so am hopeful I know someone Bristol-based who'd also be interested!

Squad for today's game, away to Blackburn.

KO 2pm, and not being streamed anywhere. I couldn't make it as I had my delayed booster jab today, but Vixencast co-hosts D-M & Nat are there, and said to provide live updates on www.twitter.com/bcvixencast

Blackburn lost heavily 6-0 to Liverpool last week, if this helps.

FJOJJU4WYAwXv4A?format=jpg&name=large

16 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

With the progress that the Womens team are making (and the rather good football), the game against the leaders Liverpool will no doubt exceed the 3,000 by some 

Liverpool's win today still leaves them top of the table. City now have 20 points but still fifth in the table. Next league game is next Sunday against Charlton, who are 6th and also have 20 points, but have played a game more.

This wasn't in the highlights, or probably not in the game replay that's now on the FA Player, but Sophie Baggaley was in attendance on Sunday. D-M & Nat said they spoke to her at the game, and she said she was enjoying her time at Man Utd (where she's second choice under Mary Earps, but the team are doing a lot better than City this time last year in the WSL)

Don't usually pay much attention to comments by the manager/head coach of upcoming opposition, but it was interesting to see what Gareth Taylor had to say about Bristol City.

https://www.mancity.com/news/womens/gareth-taylor-bristol-city-continental-cup-team-news-63778113

City head into the midweek clash in excellent form, having won our last five on the bounce. Although his side hold home advantage against Championship opposition, Taylor expects no drop in standards against last season’s finalists, with City setting sights on a fourth success in the competition.

“We’ve monitored them and kept an eye,” he continued. “They had a good win at the weekend and are in a false position in their league." [I assume he means he expects the team to be higher up]

“They’ve got good physicality in their team, won their group in Conti Cup qualification so they’re certainly not a team to be underestimated and we won’t be doing that.

They’re still full-time and obviously going to be there or thereabouts. There’s not a huge gap. They were in the league last season, they got to a final which nobody would have predicted.

“I know there’s been a lot of changes but like I say: they’re a very aggressive team. We expect it to be a really tough game.

“[Bristol manager Lauren Smith] has adapted well to it. Sometimes when you make a lot of changes you never know how it’ll go – sometimes you might get short term but sometimes you have to wait longer.

“They’re aggressive, they take the game to teams. We studied that against Reading when they played them in the cup. Albeit teams change in the cup, they’ll provide a tough opposition and there’s a reason they’re in the quarter-finals."

• Like 1

Highlights now available. I'd have shared the YouTube link but for some reason, Man City haven't uploaded it in HD.

Also, I left Manchester just before 10pm (game finished before 9pm but I stayed for a but afterwards, had something to eat, and needed to find petrol first). Didn't get home until after 1am!