IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

Some good snaps I was able to capture from today. The Dripping Pan is a nice lovely little ground, if you're into that type of thing

Also, both teams were wearing their away kits. Lewes' home kit of red & black stripes clashes with both City kits. The third kit of purple & lime hadn't been introduced for the women's side for some reason this season...

DSC_8375.JPG

DSC_8376.JPG

DSC_8377.JPG

DSC_8379.JPG

DSC_8381.JPG

DSC_8382.JPG

DSC_8383.JPG

DSC_8386.JPG

DSC_8387.JPG

DSC_8390.JPG

DSC_8391.JPG

DSC_8392.JPG

DSC_8394.JPG

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I too went today. We hired one of the beach huts which certainly kept us warmer than being in the stands…

Went with three 6 year olds and a 4 year old to their first game. Thought it was a brilliant first introduction to live football.

A really friendly, family atmosphere in a very characterful ground. 

Two evenly matched teams for the most part but city had that extra bit of class up front in Harrison.

Was my first womens game but would definitely go again, especially with young kids.

6700D357-B161-4322-8003-D79B3E598BC9.jpeg

D3F93019-D3AC-45C1-95D1-7DB7D0041097.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, The Gambler said:

I too went today. We hired one of the beach huts which certainly kept us warmer than being in the stands…

Went with three 6 year olds and a 4 year old to their first game. Thought it was a brilliant first introduction to live football.

A really friendly, family atmosphere in a very characterful ground. 

Two evenly matched teams for the most part but city had that extra bit of class up front in Harrison.

Was my first womens game but would definitely go again, especially with young kids.

Nice! Hope you all had fun. A few of the friends I go with are in the category of adults who aren't parents, but are just pure fans!

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Match highlights now available

Their goalkeeper made a great save on the first half and I was about to post something about how that's an area that has improved in the Women's game. Then the 2nd half highlights came up  :facepalm:.......... the least said about her performance there, the better.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Their goalkeeper made a great save on the first half and I was about to post something about how that's an area that has improved in the Women's game. Then the 2nd half highlights came up  :facepalm:.......... the least said about her performance there, the better.

Their goalkeeper? As in Lewes' keeper, or City's (Bentley)?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Shocking goal keeping and the ball bouncing over the defender for Morgan to score was a real shocker too

• Like 1

Their goalkeeper? As in Lewes' keeper, or City's (Bentley)?

Lewes Goalie

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Second in the WSL Championship behind Liverpool. Would that mean automatic promotion if it finished like that?

No they have to win the league, but they are on a good run, have to play Liverpool at home and Liverpool have a lot of tough fixtures left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

While it was unfortunate for the Lewes goalkeeper in the second half, I am sure any goalkeeper could have made that mistake (if I am reading your comment correctly). But at least the positive that Harrison took advantage of that moment in stoppage time to continue her scoring form!

Over 2000 tickets now sold for the Ashton Gate game. Hoping that the record of 3053 set in November can be beat.

Also, I'm due to appear on tonight's Sound of the City with Geoff via phone-in, alongside City Women chairperson Gavin Marshall (I'm not in the tweet due to character limit!) ?

• Like 1

While it was unfortunate for the Lewes goalkeeper in the second half, I am sure any goalkeeper could have made that mistake (if I am reading your comment correctly). But at least the positive that Harrison took advantage of that moment in stoppage time to continue her scoring form!

I thought she should have done better with the second effort and maybe even the first, but I may be being a tad critical.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Good to see our media team on fire as usual 

Screenshot_20220307-224258_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s normally boring watching people pick holes in articles for grammatical or factual reasons (see numerous Evening Post comments). However this is really poor, especially when trying to flog tickets for a top of the table women’s encounter, and dare I say it, the day before International Women’s Day…..

41 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

It’s normally boring watching people pick holes in articles for grammatical or factual reasons (see numerous Evening Post comments). However this is really poor, especially when trying to flog tickets for a top of the table women’s encounter, and dare I say it, the day before International Women’s Day…..

how very dare you GIF

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

That's what happens when you recycle an old article and don't check whether anything has changed since you wrote the original. 

It is, and you would like to think they would have updated it by now (12:16 on the 8th March)