IGNORED

Parson Street Station

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Ha, I was just about to have a real pop, then I noticed the timing of his post !

I was trawling through the gloom yesterday evening and came across the post. An oasis of hope in a desert of despair ?

• Admin
16 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

139,000 to

Keep using Parson Street if you can,

and if you start your journey from BTM ask the booking office staff to issue the ticket from Parson Street

To back up what @Never to the dark side mentioned, it is a really visible and massive increase over the years

Hopefully may tempt GWR to increase the services stopping here in the future

Fair play to GWR they had already pencilled in additional trains for the 26th January - even they expected us to be facing Liverpool

What would be intriguing to know if how many actual people did the journeys more often and how much of these increases is down to the fact that you need a ticket to get through a barrier at more stations on this corridor of travel now

image.png

Looks good for both local stations going "South" out of Temple Meads

image.png

For comparrison

image.png

After the west brom game we will only have one more Saturday 3pm kick off.

If the Stoke game gets moved West Brom will be the last saturday 3pm kick off

Not sure if Afobe is/will be allowed to play against Stoke,depends on what has been negotiated.

So please give the train a try and if you use the train to Parson Street,thank you.

Don't forget if your heading away from Bristol temple meads on any train journey to Wales the North london or to portsmouth/Southampton direction.

Ask the ticket office staff to issue your ticket from Parson Street.

Not forgettng the Killers at BS3 on Tuesday 9th june

John, it is worth mentioning that there is now a 22:06 and a 22:22 from Parson Street which both get you to Temple Meads in time for the last trains to London and the North on a week night.*

*only valid for the Sheff Weds game on 17th March when it will be Wednesday on Tuesday

6 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

why are we talking about Parsons st pls. is something happening to it

As I understand it (although NTTDS is the expert) the more people use it for football the more likely they are to put on better services for football and/or give consideration to reopening lines to Ashton Gate station. So his advice is to book train tickets through to Parson Street rather than Temple Meads even if you leave at Temple Meads (it costs the same generally).

Personally I use Parson Street anyway because it is closer to where I want to be, Mecca.

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

After the west brom game we will only have one more Saturday 3pm kick off.

If the Stoke game gets moved West Brom will be the last saturday 3pm kick off

Not sure if Afobe is/will be allowed to play against Stoke,depends on what has been negotiated.

So please give the train a try and if you use the train to Parson Street,thank you.

Don't forget if your heading away from Bristol temple meads on any train journey to Wales the North london or to portsmouth/Southampton direction.

Ask the ticket office staff to issue your ticket from Parson Street.

Not forgettng the Killers at BS3 on Tuesday 9th june

What does Afobe have to do with this?

Archived