IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 31

Septic Peg

After four wins on the spin, we certainly didn’t look like a side playing with confidence in that first half. We were second best for most of it, overrun in central midfield and sat way too deep. 

I also don’t get why we’ve got Wells, who’s bang in form, only to be sat on the bench getting splinters in his arse. That makes as much sense as having three holding midfielders warming the bench. Madness.

Very poor first half. Early gifted goal flattered us.

Both Brum goals some what fortunate but they earned them. 

Hunt and Jay poor at the back today, Pato and Massengo in and out the game.

Weimann, oh dear. Must be pulled for Wells at HT.

I’d be tempted to take off Massengo for Henrikson too

Diedhiou isolated.

No one within ten yards of him - usual home form.

Two changes needed at half time methinks.

Weimann needs to be subbed - not doing anything.

Massengo not in the game and being bullied imo.

Wells and Henrikson on.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

First half scores. Need to bring off Weimann and Massengo at half time for Henriksen and Wells

Bentley 6
Hunt 5
Williams 4
Baker 6
Dasilva 5
Smith 7
Massengo 4
Paterson 7
Weimann 4
Elliason 4
Diedhiou 5

4 for Flappy ,what the hell for? He blazed a decent chance miles over the bar with minimal control, squandered a greedy opportunity when there were decent options around him and having found himself out of position in his own box couldn't have directed one past his own keeper better had he tried.

The only 4 he deserves is one sandwiched between a 'P' & a '5'.

There is no excuse, we play bad football moslty. Last wins we have less chances to score than our opponents, less possesion. We've been lucky at some points and the faith was with us this game too. I suppose that the odds has to be balanced, we get lucky goals but we got some mistakes also.

I prefer my team to lose a game where they play nicely, I don't like "italian old school wins "...i prefer to be honest a draw and to watch some quality football.

6 minutes ago, tin said:

After four wins on the spin, we certainly didn’t look like a side playing with confidence in that first half. We were second best for most of it, overrun in central midfield and sat way too deep. 

I also don’t get why we’ve got Wells, who’s bang in form, only to be sat on the bench getting splinters in his arse. That makes as much sense as having three holding midfielders warming the bench. Madness.

It’s really odd. Good run, gifted an early goal, you think your tails would be right up.

Having got two wins from games that were in truth very even, might just be a case of this result is evening it out. Team looks unbalanced as so often at home and lucky to be in the game at all at this point. Can only hope for a much better second half, but something would have to change.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Diedhiou isolated.

No one within ten yards of him - usual home form.

Two changes needed at half time methinks.

Weimann needs to be subbed - not doing anything.

Massengo not in the game and being bullied imo.

Wells and Henrikson on.

Massengo seemed further forward than Pato at times playing off Fam shoulder

Headlines of that half from my perspective......Dream start, initially thought Pato had screwed it wide! Our early pressing gave Brum problems. AW had a decent chance on 5 minutes, but blasted over.

NE quiet and our through balls are somewhat aimless, giving Brum the chance to settle after their early set back. Fammy looks up for it, working hard all over the pitch.

Wake up call as Williams clears off the line on 19 minutes from Bellingham when Brum really should have scored.  Then Hunt gives it away, when we are attacking and should be threatening and in no time at all Brum equalise, a poor goal to concede as Hogan bounces.  TBH since we scored Brum have looked decent and a threat, whereas we’ve been fairly lack lustre and lacking ideas in the attacking third. Ten minutes after the equaliser AW puts through his own goal, following a dangerous corner the second ball didn’t look that dangerous but AW gave Bentley no chance.

So a dream start has turned into a nightmare. We haven’t created any threat while Brum have grown into the game and looked the better team. On 37 minutes Williams again came to our rescue when Bellingham sent in a dangerous cross.Then Baker was rather lucky on 45 minutes when Bellingham nicked it off him in the box, thankfully the ref gave us a rather soft free kick.

Brum are good value for their lead. The way it stands the stage is set for Wells to make a dream debut, with AW making way for him, although I suspect NE will be sacrificed, as he has unfortunately been largely anonymous.

We need a huge improvement, throughout the team, in the second half, if we are going to get anything out of this.

Archived